Does anyone else ever do this? (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena

​


Whilst back in the UK with the family we decided on going back to our favourite Japanese in London as its the most authentic Japanese restaurant outside of Japan that I've been to. And this is partly because the staff originally come over from Japan.
So instincts kicked in and I just naturally began talking to the staff in Japanese even though they knew English perfectly and I was in the middle of London... Does anyone else ever find themselves doing something similar to what I did? Or is this just me? :susPepe:
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I went to a japanese lamen in São Paulo and the poor owner couldn't comprehend well what I was saying xDD

At least everything ended well :sanapray:

Also the hotel owner was chinese and knew almost zero portuguese lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and Sana
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Not languages, but due to spending my time between Leeds and Edinburgh, my accent changes a bit depending on where I am/who I speak to. It throws people off who don’t know me, but I find it amusing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
My parents do it all the time. There are parts of London where there are many of my people. Whenever we go there, we instantly talk to the supermarket owners and the waiter/waitresses of restaurants in our language without even confirming it. It's more comfortable that way and you get closer to the staff.
You can bargain with them on prices as well... :jenniesmug:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Not languages, but due to spending my time between Leeds and Edinburgh, my accent changes a bit depending on where I am/who I speak to. It throws people off who don’t know me, but I find it amusing.
I do the same. I've moved around a lot. I've lived in Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester and London so my normal accent is a combination of all 4 and I can switch to one accordingly as well (although Newcastle is a bit hard to do now...). It throws people off all the time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and Bopper

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread