does anyone happen to be a hairdresser (1 Viewer)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm giving myself an undercut because my hair's a mess rn. Any tips? I have a pixie cut, but it has gotten much longer recently, so it's more like a really short bob. I can tie only the top half up kinda.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Im not a hairdresser so this is all my personal opinion but one tip I can give you is to make sure the line is straight and that you really commit to the style. My bff got her dad to give her an undercut years ago and instead of parting it straight she parted it kinda curved? And I could never tell this to her face but it looked terrible... If you're gonna keep long or longish hair on the top then you need to make sure the undercut stands out and is bold, otherwise you're just going to look like you're balding or something. An undercut is a very bold look for someone with long hair, so you need to commit or it's not gonna work.

What my bff had was something like this except it was a lot more curved and it was only like an inch and a half thick at most. Personally I feel like even the girl in the photo looks pretty bad, and that's with the fact that she has a lot more cut off than what my bff had and has her hair in a very stylish messy bun to give her more style points.
twrthsrt.PNG


In this pic, even if we ignore the pattern we can see her line isn't curved (tho a bit uneven I must say) and she had a lot more cut off, she's committed a lot more to the bold style and she's pulled it off a lot better in my opinion.
zdhdfed.PNG


If you didn't want to cut so much off for example maybe you're worried about your hair being thin then I recommend you cut a triangle instead. This girl has a lot less cut off but since it's still a bold shape she still committed to the undercut and it paid off.
aergerej.PNG


For actually parting the hair I can only recommend you have a family member help you if you try to do it urself even with a mirror both in front of you and behind you're still gonna need to turn ur neck slightly to see what you're doing and when you straighten up again, it isn't going to be as straight as you thought it was. Even if ur family sucks at doing it for you, you're still better off with them doing it for you. That way you can get them to take a picture of it while you're standing straight so you can see how it'll actually look, and you can always instruct them how to do it better if the picture doesn't look like how you wanted it. To actually shave it off you might be better off putting a headband over the part that you dont want shaved just so you don't accidentally shave it off after you spent so long parting it perfectly, i'd also recommend you just get someone to do this for you~


I'm sorry if it felt like I talked down to you in this entire reply or something I just don't know how much you've already researched about it so it's better to talk to you as if you didn't know anything, although i'm sure you're well educated about this if you're considering doing it~
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Im not a hairdresser so this is all my personal opinion but one tip I can give you is to make sure the line is straight and that you really commit to the style. My bff got her dad to give her an undercut years ago and instead of parting it straight she parted it kinda curved? And I could never tell this to her face but it looked terrible... If you're gonna keep long or longish hair on the top then you need to make sure the undercut stands out and is bold, otherwise you're just going to look like you're balding or something. An undercut is a very bold look for someone with long hair, so you need to commit or it's not gonna work.

What my bff had was something like this except it was a lot more curved and it was only like an inch and a half thick at most. Personally I feel like even the girl in the photo looks pretty bad, and that's with the fact that she has a lot more cut off than what my bff had and has her hair in a very stylish messy bun to give her more style points.


In this pic, even if we ignore the pattern we can see her line isn't curved (tho a bit uneven I must say) and she had a lot more cut off, she's committed a lot more to the bold style and she's pulled it off a lot better in my opinion.


If you didn't want to cut so much off for example maybe you're worried about your hair being thin then I recommend you cut a triangle instead. This girl has a lot less cut off but since it's still a bold shape she still committed to the undercut and it paid off.


For actually parting the hair I can only recommend you have a family member help you if you try to do it urself even with a mirror both in front of you and behind you're still gonna need to turn ur neck slightly to see what you're doing and when you straighten up again, it isn't going to be as straight as you thought it was. Even if ur family sucks at doing it for you, you're still better off with them doing it for you. That way you can get them to take a picture of it while you're standing straight so you can see how it'll actually look, and you can always instruct them how to do it better if the picture doesn't look like how you wanted it. To actually shave it off you might be better off putting a headband over the part that you dont want shaved just so you don't accidentally shave it off after you spent so long parting it perfectly, i'd also recommend you just get someone to do this for you~


I'm sorry if it felt like I talked down to you in this entire reply or something I just don't know how much you've already researched about it so it's better to talk to you as if you didn't know anything, although i'm sure you're well educated about this if you're considering doing it~
hey man, thanks! It's actually super helpful! I can't see the images, but I totally get what you're saying. :) i've been wanting to get an undercut for a while, so I have been researching it for a bit
 
  • Love
Reactions: NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
hey man, thanks! It's actually super helpful! I can't see the images, but I totally get what you're saying. :) i've been wanting to get an undercut for a while, so I have been researching it for a bit
Oh are they not working? I'll try actually uploading them or something instead of linking from google, but yeah hopefully my explanations are good enough >.< No problem! I hope it goes well for you <3
 
  • Like
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh are they not working? I'll try actually uploading them or something instead of linking from google, but yeah hopefully my explanations are good enough >.< No problem! I hope it goes well for you <3
I can see them now. THanks!
 
  • Love
Reactions: NASA

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
BTW it didn't go well, but I like it and am willing to try again. My roommate said she'll help me even it out a bit
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It's jagged and uneven, but my roommate offered to fix it, so it will hopefully get better!


IMG_0851.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread