does anyone know how fountain pens work (2 Viewers)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
i just got a set but i find the wider the tip (i have 0.7, 1.1, 1.5, 1.9, 2.5, 2.9 mm) the harder it is to use them. granted, I'm only using the 1.1 and the 2.5 rn, but the 1.1 writes a lot better. 2.5 often cuts off and stuff.

also, the 1.1 i tried it out with yellow because I didn't want to mess it up on a colour I like. am I stuck with using yellow forever or can I change it?
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
update: its definitely the nibs because i switched the nibs (not the cartridge) and the pen is running a lot more smoothly :sanapray:
 

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
  • Love
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: LeeHoseok

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
thank u :sanapray: pens are hard to figure out smh lol

either that or my googling skills arent great
I'm a fine artist and was into calligraphy for a while, most people starting with their first fountain pen aren't aware about oil on nibs at all, even some artists as well. They're fiddly things, but beautiful tools.
 
  • Love
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm a fine artist and was into calligraphy for a while, most people starting with their first fountain pen aren't aware about oil on nibs at all, even some artists as well. They're fiddly things, but beautiful tools.
yeah haha I usually work digitally or with brush pens– fountain pens are a bit out of my league but I got these for cheap and there was pink so I just hAd do get them :haylul: I'm really enjoying the feel of them so ar, disregarding the amateurism of my skills lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: LeeHoseok

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
yeah haha I usually work digitally or with brush pens– fountain pens are a bit out of my league but I got these for cheap and there was pink so I just hAd do get them :haylul: I'm really enjoying the feel of them so ar, disregarding the amateurism of my skills lol
Honestly the fountain pen experience is just a whole other world and I encourage everyone to try them because they've stood the test of time for a reason. Plus you feel fancy using them, lmao.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Honestly the fountain pen experience is just a whole other world and I encourage everyone to try them because they've stood the test of time for a reason. Plus you feel fancy using them, lmao.
yes I feel like I need to get parchment and write a letter to my parents to tell them I'm eloping or smth haha
 
  • Haha
Reactions: LeeHoseok

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
yes I feel like I need to get parchment and write a letter to my parents to tell them I'm eloping or smth haha
Time to invest in parchment and wax seals and reach your full fancy potential!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes I feel like I need to get parchment and write a letter to my parents to tell them I'm eloping or smth haha
YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH you could say you're eloping with Yugyeom and moving to South Korea! lol I know how much you adore him.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:icgyu::icgyu: u read my mind
yeah, and y'all could be the new Chen x what's-her-face! (I would personally make damn sure there wasn't a scandal to come of it, though , dw! lol)

the things I come up with past my bedtime... smh
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
yeah, and y'all could be the new Chen x what's-her-face! (I would personally make damn sure there wasn't a scandal to come of it, though , dw! lol)

the things I come up with past my bedtime... smh
lets hope dispatch doesn't out us :sanapray: I believe in ur abilities to keep this under wraps :queen:

lmaooo sleep!!
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
lets hope dispatch doesn't out us :sanapray: I believe in ur abilities to keep this under wraps :queen:

lmaooo sleep!!
k nite! Sweet Got7 dreams!!! (I used to be on this BSB fan forum... gosh, two decades ago!... and whenever someone would sign off bc bedtime, someone else would always reply with "Sweet BSB dreams!")

Okay, night... for realsies!
 
  • Love
Reactions: daesuki

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread