- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,388
- Reactions Received
- 151,400
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
From what I heard, Australia has a requirement to vote and if you don't vote, you get a fine. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the US people not voting is considered an issue, especially among young people, so there's loads of advertisements telling people to vote on twitter, facebook, through universities, ect. Should the US enact a similar law to Australia or do you think it doesn't matter?
For me personally, I don't think it's needed. The way the voting system is set up it doesn't matter as much what your vote is as an individual, and in some places, even the popular vote as the state doesn't matter since the electros don't need to follow the popular vote of the state and can vote against what the people want (though that's less common). I know in my state it won't matter what I vote for either since I'm not in a state where its anywhere close, I know my state is voting for Biden.
For me personally, I don't think it's needed. The way the voting system is set up it doesn't matter as much what your vote is as an individual, and in some places, even the popular vote as the state doesn't matter since the electros don't need to follow the popular vote of the state and can vote against what the people want (though that's less common). I know in my state it won't matter what I vote for either since I'm not in a state where its anywhere close, I know my state is voting for Biden.