Does (G)I-DLE have more in common w/ 2NE1 than BLACKPINK does? (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 August 2019
Messages
395
Reactions Received
2,098
Location
United States
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Not trying to start a 2NE1 vs BLACKPINK stan war, but am I the only one who thinks that (G)I-DLE has more in common sound wise than BLACKPINK does w/ 2NE1? I can't picture 2NE1 singing any of BLACKPINK's songs only like "PLAYING WITH FIRE".

But "Uh Oh" reminds me of a 2NE1 title track



I can actually picture 2NE1 singing this
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not trying to start a 2NE1 vs BLACKPINK stan war, but am I the only one who thinks that (G)I-DLE has more in common sound wise than BLACKPINK does w/ 2NE1? I can't picture 2NE1 singing any of BLACKPINK's songs only like "PLAYING WITH FIRE".

But "Uh Oh" reminds me of a 2NE1 title track



I can actually picture 2NE1 singing this
You're not alone honey, G-idle is the true heir to 2ne1's throne.
:taesip: :taesip:
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I feel you. It is pretty similar to 2NE1's style
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I don't see many similarities between the two groups besides their girl-crush concept; however, 2NE1 is more in-your-face and badass compared to (G)I-DLE (though Soyeon does possess that a similar vibe).

2NE1 and (G)I-DLE have pretty different musical styles and group dynamics as well.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Hmm Uh oh is 2NE1 style indeed, but I wouldn’t see 2NE1 singing Latata or Senorita. I’d rather see them singing Kill this love :susPepe:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't see it with bp and idle.
2NE1 has this in your face style and are super individual in their songs. You see the personality of all the girls through it in their music alone too.
I honestly don't see anyone being similar to 2NE1 yet ( same with f(x))
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread