Does having a preference mean that your bigoted? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I saw a post today on twitter about how cis people who don’t want to date a trans person are transphobic. I didn’t really understand this because isn’t that really a preference that they cannot control? Does having a preference automatically make you transphobic, racist, bigoted etc

me personally, I don’t think so. An example, I don’t Think that I would date a trans Women, of course, I respect them, would support them in their life and would wish nothing but the best for them. But it’s just something I’m not attracted to. I can’t control that and I don’t think that makes me transphobic... At the end of the day, the majority of trans people have not had bottom surgeries, it’s extremely expensive, very few plastic surgeons can actually perform the procedure and do it well, and not many have supportive families to be able to do that. and some simply don’t want bottom surgery for whatever reason. And that’s completely reasonable. But, you can’t expect someone who has a preference for a certain type of ahem genitals to be attracted to you if you don’t have those parts. They can not control who they are attracted to. And some people just aren’t attracted to trans people.

I am gay and I feel as though that would be the same as me calling a straight girl homophobic for not being attracted to me, the straight girl is not attracted to women, it is not a choice and it would be wrong for me to call her homophobic for something she can’t control.


this also applies to other things as well, would someone be racist if they had a preference for a certain race?

sorry for ranting about this but I feel as though I could not explain my point in a short explanation.

thoughts?

also I hope that I did not offend anyone who clicks on this thread, that was not my intention nor was it my intention to make anyone feel lesser then others, I just wanted to have a discussion about this topic. I also may not be able to respond because it’s like 2:30 am where I live lol
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I don't think its transphobic when you are just not comfortable with it (dating), people are mixing things up with this, being racist in reality is like you dont like the person because of their color or whatever but this is just about who you prefer to date which is an entirely different thing. Its not like you are going out of your way to calling them out and hating on them.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't think its transphobic when you are just not comfortable with it (dating), people are mixing things up with this, being racist in reality is like you dont like the person because of their color or whatever but this is just about who you prefer to date which is an entirely different thing. Its not like you are going out of your way to calling them out and hating on them.
I agree exactly!
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I saw a post today on twitter about how cis people who don’t want to date a trans person are transphobic. I didn’t really understand this because isn’t that really a preference that they cannot control? Does having a preference automatically make you transphobic, racist, bigoted etc

me personally, I don’t think so. An example, I don’t Think that I would date a trans Women, of course, I respect them, would support them in their life and would wish nothing but the best for them. But it’s just something I’m not attracted to. I can’t control that and I don’t think that makes me transphobic... At the end of the day, the majority of trans people have not had bottom surgeries, it’s extremely expensive, very few plastic surgeons can actually perform the procedure and do it well, and not many have supportive families to be able to do that. and some simply don’t want bottom surgery for whatever reason. And that’s completely reasonable. But, you can’t expect someone who has a preference for a certain type of ahem genitals to be attracted to you if you don’t have those parts. They can not control who they are attracted to. And some people just aren’t attracted to trans people.

I am gay and I feel as though that would be the same as me calling a straight girl homophobic for not being attracted to me, the straight girl is not attracted to women, it is not a choice and it would be wrong for me to call her homophobic for something she can’t control.


this also applies to other things as well, would someone be racist if they had a preference for a certain race?

sorry for ranting about this but I feel as though I could not explain my point in a short explanation.

thoughts?

also I hope that I did not offend anyone who clicks on this thread, that was not my intention nor was it my intention to make anyone feel lesser then others, I just wanted to have a discussion about this topic. I also may not be able to respond because it’s like 2:30 am where I live lol
It's not bigoted, and people who say it is are the ones who are what is wrong now day in age with society. I couldn't date a man who was once a woman because I prefer a working functioning baby making sausage. It has absolutely nothing to do with the other persons decision to switch genders.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
everyone has their preference and it‘s all up to the person.

I am personally bi/pan and I honestly could care less about gender. I just love love and I am more attracted to the personality of someone.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess the mindset with that is that transwomen are truly women and shouldn't be singled out? But I agree with the notion, especially what comes to well parts and u can't force someone to be attracted towards someone. However I wonder that what if you didn't know the person was trans? There is NikkITutorials for example who is famous youtuber make-upper and she revealed that shes' transwamen little while ago and lot of plp were surprised about it- honestly I had no idea either. So if you are first attracted to someone and later on find out they are trans and u wouldn't date them anymore, I don't know if that's prejudiced or not.

And what comes to race, I think preferences are perfectly fine, but for me it would be bit weird to hear someone saying "I wouldn't date asian men" or "I only date white men" if that makes sense.

These are just some thoughts on the topics so take them as grain of salt.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Geez, people these days... everyone has their preferences and is free to do as they please, it doesn't have to do anything with any kind of discrimination .. it must be awful getting offended over even things like this so easily..
Exactly my thoughts. I just don't understand why people have to be overly critical about something so simple.
:taeminface:
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess the mindset with that is that transwomen are truly women and shouldn't be singled out? But I agree with the notion, especially what comes to well parts and u can't force someone to be attracted towards someone. However I wonder that what if you didn't know the person was trans? There is NikkITutorials for example who is famous youtuber make-upper and she revealed that shes' transwamen little while ago and lot of plp were surprised about it- honestly I had no idea either. So if you are first attracted to someone and later on find out they are trans and u wouldn't date them anymore, I don't know if that's prejudiced or not.

And what comes to race, I think preferences are perfectly fine, but for me it would be bit weird to hear someone saying "I wouldn't date asian men" or "I only date white men" if that makes sense.

These are just some thoughts on the topics so take them as grain of salt.
Ah but it's like getting presents. You're all excited and happy then when you see what's under the paper you get hit with with a surprise. I'm to old to have kids probably so the whole baby making part doesn't matter. But if I found a hole I'll admit it'd be a turn off for me. Nothing to do with trans, just something around the lines of being incompatible in bed. You kids will understand why that matters later on in life. But if both partners end up pent up and unsatisfied it can trouble even the happiest of relationships after awhile. That's why communication in relationships is key even if you may find it embarrassing.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I guess the mindset with that is that transwomen are truly women and shouldn't be singled out? But I agree with the notion, especially what comes to well parts and u can't force someone to be attracted towards someone. However I wonder that what if you didn't know the person was trans? There is NikkITutorials for example who is famous youtuber make-upper and she revealed that shes' transwamen little while ago and lot of plp were surprised about it- honestly I had no idea either. So if you are first attracted to someone and later on find out they are trans and u wouldn't date them anymore, I don't know if that's prejudiced or not.

And what comes to race, I think preferences are perfectly fine, but for me it would be bit weird to hear someone saying "I wouldn't date asian men" or "I only date white men" if that makes sense.

These are just some thoughts on the topics so take them as grain of salt.
tbh I do think that trans people should make the people they're dating aware that they're trans as soon as they can, on the first date. If you go months with not telling your partner that and then wonder why they're hurt or mad at you when you do tell them, then that's on you. of course there are cases where people can become violent and that's how a lot of trans people get killed or abused, and they absolutely don't deserve that in any way shape or form. I personally would be sad, not because they're trans, but because they would have been lying to me the entire time I was with them. and like I said in my op, I am gay, and I don't like male parts, they gross me out, and the majority of trans people have not had bottom surgery, I don't think that I could go through with that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread