- Joined
- 20 November 2018
- Messages
- 43,455
- Reactions Received
- 75,525
- Location
- In the OCEAN
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 142,367
- Pronouns
- Fish/Mermaid
- Ship
sooooooo yeah. Everyone around me is getting married and it’s stressful as a desi girl in her 20s with aunties breathing down my neck.
It’s like the unspoken (actually it’s talked about a lot) tradition within a traditional desi fam that you should be married before thirty. The second someone in your age bracket gets engaged, all eyes are on the other girls (because let’s just add sexism into it) in the same age range to get married too. And it just so happens to be my lucky year with my mom’s coworkers daughter getting married, my dad’s cousin’s daughter is getting married, and (the nail in the coffin) my really close cousin who is younger than me is getting married.
And I swear to fucking hell if I hear, “Every girl going to wearing a choli. How come you don’t want to wear one?” one more time
With that being said, I’m very happy for all the brides. You all found your loves. Mainly my cousin because I love her and she’s been through some shit. She deserves to be happy and her man is approved by like everyone and Earth. Seriously, she hit the jackpot.
Leave the single people alone.
It’s like the unspoken (actually it’s talked about a lot) tradition within a traditional desi fam that you should be married before thirty. The second someone in your age bracket gets engaged, all eyes are on the other girls (because let’s just add sexism into it) in the same age range to get married too. And it just so happens to be my lucky year with my mom’s coworkers daughter getting married, my dad’s cousin’s daughter is getting married, and (the nail in the coffin) my really close cousin who is younger than me is getting married.
And I swear to fucking hell if I hear, “Every girl going to wearing a choli. How come you don’t want to wear one?” one more time
With that being said, I’m very happy for all the brides. You all found your loves. Mainly my cousin because I love her and she’s been through some shit. She deserves to be happy and her man is approved by like everyone and Earth. Seriously, she hit the jackpot.
Leave the single people alone.