Does your family (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Eat dinner together or does everyone just eat at different times or at the same time but not together?

My family mostly stopped eating dinner together as we got older. Now I'll just call everyone when food is ready and everyone will just take it and either go to their rooms or just find somewhere in the kitchen/lounge room to sit. The only thing we do do is wait for everyone to be home before we eat which I don't even know why we do that since no one eats together. But almost everyone in my family has something that annoys them when it comes to eating (loud noises, talking with mouth full, hitting the plate with the utensils etc.) so even though we all get along as a family and we don't fight much overall, it's a warzone once we sit on the table together.
 

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i don't think my family has ever ate dinner together. my brother and i did when we were kids but my parents always ate at different times and then when we grew older we made our own food and did our own shit. the thought of eating dinner with them and sitting through awkward silence and eating sounds jeeeeez just stab me instead. (ok it wouldn't be that bad but still)
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
We're really casual about it nowadays. For the most part, my mom and I eat together when I'm home. Sometimes I want to eat by myself. My dad usually goes to their room to eat -- not because he's antisocial or anything, but he's always watching one of two thing -- sports or politics.

... We let him eat alone 😂
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,013
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
We ate together up until me and my step brother were like 10. The only reason we eat together is when him or my half brother come over - it never happens between me and my parents. My parents also never made home-cooked meals unless my step/half brother was coming over. I don't know why, but it always made me upset because it felt like they only cared to make good food when someone else came over. Nowadays, I just make my own food and take it to my room.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
It's kind of a tradition here to eat as a family so yeah, I very rarely eat without them
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't live in home anymore, but when I visit it really depends on day and what order food is going to be ready since we don't all eat same things due to allergies and well pickiness xd We try to eat dinner together though at kitchen table. We did eat lot more together when I was kid though, we ate breakfast together before school and work, then dinner and even supper.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Nope. I cook my own dinner at a different time then when my mom cooks hers. Sometimes I'll sit in the living room and eat my food while we're watching a show, but I don't really consider it eating together.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
It's kind of a tradition here to eat as a family so yeah, I very rarely eat without them
That's what I would assume it's like for most cultured countries. My mum's country is like that too so she used to always push for us to eat together but now everyone is grown up and we're all in our rooms most of the times and like I said, almost everyone has issues with one thing or another so she kind of just grew out of it.
We eat at different times, never together- unless it's ramadan :llama_ramen:
Oh we try doing that every Ramadan but it never works out. It lasts for at most a week and then everyone goes back to their normal routines lol. We only eat together if we have guests over.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Whenever I am with my paretns we try to do that but for example my brother is always busy with school stuff and his friends so he is usally never home so it's mostly my parents, me and sometimes my grandma that eat together.
I don't know how it is when I am back at my place.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
we use to.. Now its very rare, unless someone is cooking for all of us, no one wants to cook for 6 most time cause were all working and stuff so we eat at seperate times. I eat the same time as my son and ex, it would be nicer if we had a dining table or kitchen table to sit at together though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread