COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News DSP Media to take legal action against former April member Hyunjoo (1 Viewer)

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
"Hello, this is DSP Media.

This is our official statement on the controversy about Lee Hyunjoo.

Even after the multiple posts uploaded by Lee Hyunjoo’s family and someone claiming to be her old classmate, the agency fulfilled its duties toward its artist by meeting with Lee Hyunjoo and her mother twice.

Lee Hyunjoo insisted on her one-sided claims that she was the only victim and demanded a statement that was not true. Despite this, the agency wanted to continue discussions with her. But after the person identifying himself as Lee Hyunjoo’s brother uploaded another one-sided post in the early hours of March 3, we determined that the situation could no longer be resolved through dialogue.

The agency has done its best to protect both Lee Hyunjoo and the APRIL members. But from now on, we will be taking strong legal action in both criminal and civil lawsuits against Lee Hyunjoo, as well as her family members and acquaintances who have spread these allegations online.

We apologize to all the fans who love and support our DSP Media artists. We will work toward a solution that will not put to waste the time we have spent together.

Thank you."

Source

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
So they admit it's her brother.
It was obvious from the beginning she couldn't speak up, she posted this
Lee-Hyunjoos-Instagram-story-during-the-AOA-scandal-1.jpg

It's was written by a child that was the victim of bullying

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Reading the full article the additional statement is saying the bullying went on since pre-debut and the company ignored Hyunjoos requests to leave the group until giving her the ultimatum of leaving when she stopped working which is odd to me as if they didn't want to leave the group then why would she be given the option?

Also mentions that they ignored her becoming unwell but their statement from when she first went on hiatus from the group was she wasn't well so that doesn't line up either.

He also mentioned Hyunjoo got punished for the shoes and tumbler and that he'd attach hospital documents which I don't see how that would prove anything given she did go on hiatus for health issues and should have gone to hospital anyway.

Their additional statement against DSP is pretty clumsy all in all and it's not winning me over since DSPs one before that was detailed and mentioned finding no CCTV footage that the brother didn't respond to however did take the time to claim DSP didn't admit fault but they didn't leave room to blame anyone else except them in their previous statement as they wanted to shift blame off April and Hyunjoo.

I don't know what's going on exactly with Hyunjoos side of events but if they are telling the truth then they need to get their act together as they aren't helping themselves with all these inconsistencies like why would she even still be with DSP with the events they're saying taking place as that'd be a sign to leave for me.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Hyunjoo's brother's 2nd statement was pretty detailed which kinda makes me side eye some of the DSP explanations. Yena's sister said Hyunjoo missed 2 dates because she didn't want to work, but the medical statements show she was taken in due to an overdose and the dates line up.

From what I can gather the medical statements had the code F190 which is used for suicide attempts so there was definitely something bothering Hyunjoo and she didn't just run away like usual like a staff member had claimed.

About the shoes and tumbler incident, it's pretty hard to say. One side's claims against the other with no way to prove. However, the suicide attempt seems real and DSP's statement kinda tried brushing that under the rug. Won't comment on Hyunjoo's "friend"'s claims but the brother seems to be willing to back the claims up.

Idk, maybe all the members weren't in on the bullying but I am starting to think some bullying must have happened.

We'll see how it goes down.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Hyunjoo's brother's 2nd statement was pretty detailed which kinda makes me side eye some of the DSP explanations. Yena's sister said Hyunjoo missed 2 dates because she didn't want to work, but the medical statements show she was taken in due to an overdose and the dates line up.

From what I can gather the medical statements had the code F190 which is used for suicide attempts so there was definitely something bothering Hyunjoo and she didn't just run away like usual like a staff member had claimed.

About the shoes and tumbler incident, it's pretty hard to say. One side's claims against the other with no way to prove. However, the suicide attempt seems real and DSP's statement kinda tried brushing that under the rug. Won't comment on Hyunjoo's "friend"'s claims but the brother seems to be willing to back the claims up.

Idk, maybe all the members weren't in on the bullying but I am starting to think some bullying must have happened.

We'll see how it goes down.
I don't trust AsianJunkies coverage after their article on Sowons controversy versus Tiffanys which even people who do use the site pointed out the hypocrisy and Soompis translation of the 2nd statement from the brother didn't seem like a revelation to me.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
dsp really should get their act together at this point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread