News E'Dawn is no longer part of PENTAGON, parts ways with Cube Entertainment (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't see any problems with them dating, why is going public with it such a problem for CUBE?
It sounds really fucked up and it is really fucked up but that's part of the appeal of idols. Singing and dancing doesn't cut it anymore, personality, visuals and availability are integral to being an idol. The consumer has to feel like the idol on lived and breathes for them, which is kinda hard to do when they're public dating someone else. Have you ever noticed that GGs and Bgs appeal more to people of the opposite gender? Or how most of title tracks go along the lines of "I only exist for you. You make me complete"?

Most idols don't confirm their relationship until much later in their careers or when they're much older. Sulli got a shit-ton of backlash when she came out because she was young, gorgeous and the most popular member of f(x). Baekhyun got a lot of backlash because he was young and EXO was still new, which bounced off onto Taeyeon.

I think Hyuna and E'dawn thought that they could be like Tiffany and Nickhun and it didn't work out the way they wanted.

But firing them was a really stupid move and hurt pentagon and Cube's reputation more than keeping them on would have.

I hope that explains it. It's sick and stupid but that's how it is
 
Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I had been posting about getting into and deciding to stan Pentagon and Triple H before this happened but it was mostly coz of E'Dawn. I still like Hui but he's not gonna make me stan a group.

It's a real shame how this whole mess ended. I hope he gets a good agency and a chance to showcase his abilities coz he's ridiculously talented. Otherwise, he'll go down as one of the biggest what-ifs in Kpop history.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
He was my favorite Pentagon member too. This just sucks.... I wish him luck.

:pepecry2::pepecry2:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread