COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Euthanasia (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
i know this is a touchy subject so if you don't feel ok and this might trigger you, please, know you don't have to read this nor do not feel obligated to reply but i just wanted to see what you guys think about some stuff, i think most people around here are 16+ if not 18+ so i thought this was ok to post

I was watching a dutch doc on youtube about this subject yesterday
filmed by a popular well known dutch man and i really like his channel so far

they were talking about this with two people, 1 woman who wanted this to happen to her because of 2 or more diseases she was suffering from
and 1 man who wanted this to happen to him because of mentally not feeling good about stuff that happend to him in the past and all therapy sessions he has had he felt were not helping him at all
both of these indv passed away after making the doc, the doc was made 2 years ago and now 2 years later they not here anymore they said at the end

in my country it is apparently not that easy to request Euthanasia and actually also make it happen for real
which is understandable in a way

how is it like in your country? do people get Euthanasia more easily over there?

There was one big thing that bugged me and which i also want your guys opinion on

The woman who was suffering from 2 or more diseases which were breaking down her lungs and that caused her too much pain , doctors said to her she only had a few more years to live, a woman of the age of 24 and married, despite her terrible horrifying situation ... she decided to get herself pregnant ....
now that bugged me a little
i won't share here what i said exactly whilst watching the video.... BUT what i will say is i do not fully agree with that being a good decision in her situation
NOW sure , ok , its her body, she can do whatever she wants - I GET THAT
but what about the body, the baby, that came out of her ?
thank god the child was healthy when she was born and i think they said she does not have huge chances of getting the diseases her mother has but still
the child won't grow up with her bio mother, maybe she will not have a mother at all, depends if her father ever wants to get back into dating with anybody else
a lot of kids grow up just fine with 1 parent but i bet a lot also did not and really felt they missed out not having both in the picture and they end up feeling messed up later in life cause of it, to put it in simple terms
plus not to forget, the docs say now the kid is healthy but what about later in life, who knows what she got from her mother being so terribly sick :sadcat:

i just.... i am not sure if it is fair and wise to get pregnant in such afwul situation
i mean ,again, i understand the woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her own body, i agree
but this? i think it is too much and not a healthy choice for the baby and it was also not a healthy choice for herself i saw in the doc
what do you guys think?

i hope starting this thread is not against any rule, i don't think it is but yeah
it is just a very hard topic and not easy to talk about for some, i am aware of that
im sorry if this made feel anybody bad or sad, thats not my intention
i just wanted to talk about this subject in a mature way, i hope thats ok

@Vikki @yellowcoat @Yili @chris_m @Tickita @OnlyCalB @Drew_B @PrideInBaek @gayzone @ParkHereJimin @emanresu @Ozymandias @bulletproof @lexus @karina @NASA @birbdae @Suzy @Basurafire @orangejuice @Reo @DarlingBlue @Yachii @Flocon @Panda @maruberry @RandAlThor @Xeulgi @RainbowDevil @Lovely_Cornchips

Last edited:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I don't think human euthanasia is legal in my country yet? Though honestly, if someone is suffering terribly on earth, we should give them the right to go if they would like imo.

The pregnancy part is kinda tough I'm ngl. I don't really think I have a definitive answer for this one. On one hand, like you said, it's her body and she can do what she wants with it, but at the same time it really is unfair to the child and father. It really would've been worse if the child was born with a lot of health problems, but in this case, I'm glad they ended up healthy.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think if someone is suffering from diseases to the point that daily life is painful for them then they should have the right to that as it's the same reason why it's something that should be an option for animals and I did see it on an episode of Scrubs where a patient said they were going to overdose because they had a disease where they'd eventually become totally paralysed and who'd want to live like that.

For mental health reasons though that's one that I see less of a reason for as I don't have any knowledge of people with mental health who have completely uncontrollable problems that would make your life a living hell but if there is anything that extreme i'd be open to the idea.

As for the pregnancy that was a really reckless thing to do honestly as when a kid is developing how the mother takes care of herself and her health in general can be so important but at least the baby turned out okay.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think people should have the right to go if they are suffering. Euthanasia is not legal yet here in my country and we'll probably get so time until we get this.

About the mother, if the diseases aren't genetic so there's nothing wrong with her having a baby, right? Sounds immoral giving a birth to someone that will just suffer like her. That's why abortion should be legal too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
About the mother, if the diseases aren't genetic so there's nothing wrong with her having a baby, right? Sounds immoral giving a birth to someone that will just suffer like her. That's why abortion should be legal too.
in a way sure
but i just hope the child won't suffer if she grows up with 1 parent only
sometimes it matters but not always, i know that

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I don't think human euthanasia is legal in my country yet? Though honestly, if someone is suffering terribly on earth, we should give them the right to go if they would like imo.

The pregnancy part is kinda tough I'm ngl. I don't really think I have a definitive answer for this one. On one hand, like you said, it's her body and she can do what she wants with it, but at the same time it really is unfair to the child and father. It really would've been worse if the child was born with a lot of health problems, but in this case, I'm glad they ended up healthy.
yeah i don't get it
in the video they also said, someone who survives suicide will be put into a closed off psychiatric hospital place
because he is a danger for himself and others
well , it is nice and all they want to help him
but if the guy really wants euthanasia, why decline that
no wonder he goes out desperate and then tries to commit suicide
whilst euthanasia could of given him a peaceful death
but at the end of the video, they said the guy jumped i think

and yeah it is unfair but the dad was extremely happy
he badly wanted it
..... reasoning could be he wanted a child so he always had something of his wife with and near him
but they forgetting the mental health of the child perhaps? im not sure

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I think if someone is suffering from diseases to the point that daily life is painful for them then they should have the right to that as it's the same reason why it's something that should be an option for animals and I did see it on an episode of Scrubs where a patient said they were going to overdose because they had a disease where they'd eventually become totally paralysed and who'd want to live like that.

For mental health reasons though that's one that I see less of a reason for as I don't have any knowledge of people with mental health who have completely uncontrollable problems that would make your life a living hell but if there is anything that extreme i'd be open to the idea.

As for the pregnancy that was a really reckless thing to do honestly as when a kid is developing how the mother takes care of herself and her health in general can be so important but at least the baby turned out okay.
yeah good point actually
we easily do it when it comes to our pets
but when it comes to ourselves, suddenly its a huge problem
why? because we supposedly are more worthy than animals?
oh your dog is suffering? ''sure here you go''..... why? because its just a pet?

and im glad to see im not the only one who thought that instantly
i also thought it was really reckless of her and the sadness i felt for her watching the video, kinda went away for most part
like my sympathy for her was like partly gone thinking; you're making yourself pregnant even though you say you want to die because you are in too much pain?!
logic went right out of the door for me :sanathink:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread