COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Every kpop group is problematic (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Half of the groups that existed had at least one member if not more that did or said something that became a problem.

The other half have at least one or more members that have done or said something that would be a problem. We just don't know about it yet and maybe never will.

The end.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
Half of the groups that existed had at least one member if not more that did or said something that became a problem.

The other half have at least one or more members that have done or said something that would be a problem. We just don't know about it yet and maybe never will.

The end.
it is called humanity

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I mean, it's true. Also depends on what people find to be problematic. I for one wouldn't give a sht if my idols were dating/smoking/ doing weed or anything like that even if it's illegal in korea... I just dgaf really.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I mean, it's true. Also depends on what people find to be problematic. I for one wouldn't give a sht if my idols were dating/smoking/ doing weed or anything like that even if it's illegal in korea... I just dgaf really.
the things you mentioned do not have to be problematic at all
depends if they act out bad using the drugs etc

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
the things you mentioned do not have to be problematic at all
depends if they act out bad using the drugs etc
True, tho sometimes people find it problematic to just do these things without them affecting something negatively.

In a situation where they are drunk driving or under the influence or smn, or get into a fight or smn, now that's not acceptable, yes.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
True, tho sometimes people find it problematic to just do these things without them affecting something negatively.

In a situation where they are drunk driving or under the influence or smn, or get into a fight or smn, now that's not acceptable, yes.
Didn't a boy group member get in trouble recently for smoking a cigarette?

See. Normal everyday behavior by normal people. But a kpop idol could burn at the stake for it. That's problematic for the whole group and label.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Didn't a boy group member get in trouble recently for smoking a cigarette?

See. Normal everyday behavior by normal people. But a kpop idol could burn at the stake for it. That's problematic for the whole group and label.
Yea, Guanlin, tho I hate Guanlin so good for him getting in trouble by doing smn completely normal :sanapray:
And yes, it is. When you look at it it's extremely stupid but yea the system is broken and everybody has done something.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
If fans knew how many of the idols they love have had sex like... often they'd never like em again

Reactions Received
KS Coins
ehh I've been less likely to believe that a lot of these kpop men are the woke sjws that their fans make them out to be for a looonggg time.

there have been a lot of just, snide misogynistic, and overall problematic comments made by a lot of male kpop idols before in the past. not surprising considering the fact that they grow up in a sexist, misogynistic, and overall homophobic society in general. a lot of males in America are the same way.

I'm only really singling out men because I find that women tend to be more open to change in terms of social issues, they're more empathetic, and I don't think I've seen female Korean idols who say the same shit that Korean men do.

in terms of racism it's everyone's game, male or female these idols could have some really racist or ignorant views.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
If fans knew how many of the idols they love have had sex like... often they'd never like em again
And even lesser than that. Like groups who chat among themselves talking about how annoying some of their fans can be sometimes.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
true, morally flawless celebrities don't exist and we should stop pretending that it's any different. but then again there is a difference between doing/saying something genuinely harmful towards others and calling idols "problematic" for things like dating and smoking which are just normal things grown adults do.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i normally dont give a shit about most of the stuff tbh

but ohh i somewhat cant wait for nct to be hit with a big one..
not cause i want the group to disband
more i cant wait to see sm be like..
well this unit never existed
here a new unit...
i.e if it was jeno from dream...
dream would just disappear and all the members would enter new units xD

it only 127 would be a big issue

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Some problematic actions shouldn't be excused (see Seungri) but others I think people can learn from and better themselves, which sadly doesn't happen often with the cancel culture.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
We really can't criticise people anymore or have discussion

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I also think that once you dig deep enough you'll find some kind of "scandal" in almost every group. Whether that's a dealbreaker for me depends entirely on the type of "scandal". If a group member e. g. turns out to be a terrible human being or puts others at risk with his/her behavior that's not acceptable for me. On the other hand, if it's just some minor offense, I can overlook that.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I don't think saying every idol is problematic is the right approach to idols who get called problematic as for one there are a very few groups who do a good job of not getting into any real questionable personality scandals but you also don't want to minimise those who have done truly problematic things by saying everyone does them.

I will say that kpop fans do throw problematic around too much as someone could have 2 scandals 4 years apart and people would probably call it problematic when it should be used for someone who is just always getting into trouble

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
all forms of content are problematic to some extent, and it all ends up on what you as a consumer find to be a deal breaker tbh
the whole concept of not stanning problematic idols is wack to me for that reason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread