- Joined
- 5 January 2023
- Messages
- 17,623
- Reactions Received
- 18,286
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 134,373
- Fandom
- Neverland
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
@Choice
Source: https://www.hellokpop.com/interview...thod-to-eurovision-asia-junhees-next-chapter/
Source: https://www.hellokpop.com/interview...thod-to-eurovision-asia-junhees-next-chapter/
What does love sound like to JUNHEE? In an exclusive interview, the artist takes us inside LOVE METHOD and the stories behind his latest music.
Some artists know exactly how to make an impression. JUNHEE is one of them. The leader of A.C.E and an accomplished solo artist, he has built a reputation as a versatile performer and songwriter, blending global pop, EDM, and emotional storytelling into music that feels distinctly his own. He brings a natural coolness to everything he does, whether he’s commanding a stage or experimenting in the studio, and [LOVE METHOD], his second English mini album, gives him another chance to show his range. Inspired by his experiences with love from his teenage years to the present, the album explores the excitement, vulnerability, passion, and complexity that come with it.
And JUNHEE isn’t slowing down anytime soon. In 2026, he made history as the first-ever winner of Eurovision Song Contest Asia-Korea’s Next Wave, taking the competition’s stage with “Deep Dive,” his self-written Pop-EDM track about the overwhelming feeling of falling in love. With its dramatic underwater imagery, ambitious production, and high-energy performance, the song offered another glimpse at just how far JUNHEE is willing to push his artistry. Between his growing body of solo work and an international win that puts an even bigger spotlight on his talent, he’s clearly entering an exciting new chapter.
In an exclusive interview with Hellokpop, JUNHEE talks LOVE METHOD, his Eurovision Asia journey, his connection with C.C., and what could be next for his music. From love and inspiration to future plans, JUNHEE gives us a closer look at the artist behind this exciting new chapter.
HELLOKPOP: Hi JUNHEE! Congratulations on the release [LOVE METHOD]. This is your second English mini album, and it sounds like your most personal one yet. What’s something you understand about yourself as an artist now that you didn’t when you started out as a soloist?
JUNHEE: The fact that there really is no such thing as a completely meaningless experience in life. Since I started doing solo activities, I’ve felt that even more deeply. There are times when I’m going through something, and I think, “Why am I doing this right now?” But when I look back later, I find myself thinking every day that if I hadn’t been there at that moment, if I hadn’t felt those emotions and had those thoughts, I probably wouldn’t have been able to become the person I am today or get to where I am now.
HKP: This album traces how your idea of love evolved from your teens to now. Was there a specific memory or moment that made you want to map that whole journey into one project?
JUNHEE: Actually, I’d been thinking for quite a long time that I wanted to make an album that told my personal story. But at the time, I wasn’t really in a position to do that, even though I wanted to. A lot of the time, I made music based on stories that weren’t really mine, or stories meant to be everyone’s rather than my own. So I think I kept the idea of making my own story into an album in the back of my mind for a long time.
HKP: Is there a lyric on the album that feels especially meaningful to you right now — one that captures where you are emotionally or artistically?
JUNHEE: There’s a lyric that goes, “These five minutes could turn everything.”
I think it’s not just about hearing that from a lover. Just five minutes spent with anyone in your life, having a conversation and sharing that moment together, could be enough to make you come to a decision that changes everything. That’s why I think those five minutes can be so meaningful, and that’s probably why this lyric has stayed with me.
HKP: The track “Medicine” was written for C.C. What’s a specific way your fans have shown up for you that made it into that song, even indirectly?
JUNHEE: Would you believe me if I said that every moment with my fans makes me feel that way?
I often communicate with my fans through social media and also in person. Especially during my promotions, there are quite a few opportunities where I get to sit down and talk with fans one-on-one.
Before they come to see me, some of them even take the time to write letters by hand and bring them to me. Then they slowly tell me what I mean to them in their lives, and they make me feel how proud they are of me and that I’m doing a good job.
And during those moments, I actually try to look directly into my fans’ eyes. It has nothing to do with language or race. When I look into someone’s eyes, I can feel what they’re feeling and what kind of heart they have when they’re standing in front of me.
So every moment I spend looking at my fans makes me feel better, almost like I’ve taken some kind of medicine. Every single moment makes me want to become a better person, and they constantly remind me that I’m someone who can be that person.
HKP: Looking back at the whole tracklist, is there a song that surprised you the most once it was finished — one that turned out different from what you originally set out to write?
JUNHEE: I think “LA LA LA LUNE” is probably the song that fits that description the most. At first, I approached it thinking of it as just a pop song, but the more we worked on it, the more ambitious I got with the sound, so I tried a lot of different things throughout the recording and mixing process.
And when the song was finally released and I heard the mastered version, I immediately felt, “Oh right, there’s a reason I chose this to be the title track. I really love it!” (laughs).
HKP: Fans love the brotherhood that the members of A.C.E continue to share with one another. How was it working in the studio with Wow on “Get Out” versus working on past song together?
JUNHEE: I think it felt like we were both a lot more professional this time. Before, we were both just like young kids, and it felt more like we were just two guys from the same neighborhood, an older brother and younger brother kind of relationship. But this time, we worked together in a much more artistic way, and we had a lot of serious conversations about music while working on the song.
It was definitely a time when I could really feel how much we had both grown.
HKP: Congratulations on Eurovision Asia 2026. Preparing for Eurovision is a huge undertaking. What part of the performance are you most excited to reveal? And what was most challenging to prepare?
JUNHEE: I think it was probably the final dance break. That part is where I completely immerse myself and really bring the finale to a climax, so even while I’m performing it, I feel a lot of exhilaration from that part.
And honestly, while preparing for this stage, I had a really hard time with the song production. This Eurovision stage was much more than creating a track like we normally would and then performing it on a live music show in Korea. It was literally a Show! So we had to approach it in a completely different way.
Because of that, we reworked and revised the song so many times. We kept changing things and starting over until we reached the final version of the music.
HKP: Your song for Eurovision, “Deep Dive,” uses the feeling of being pulled underwater as a metaphor for falling in love. What inspired that imagery, and how did it guide the emotional and musical direction of the track?
JUNHEE: The key image that came to my mind was, “A man dying in the desert meets a siren in an oasis.” So I decided that, both sonically and in the song structure itself, I needed to make it very conceptual. Just like the title of the song, I put a lot of effort into making it feel like you’re getting deeper and deeper into something as the song builds toward the second half.
HKP: What does success at Eurovision Asia mean to you beyond the result, which was huge, by the way – congratulations! Is there a specific reaction or feeling you were hoping to obtain?
JUNHEE: First, I hoped I could put on a great performance for the people who have believed in me all this time and leave them with a memorable experience. I hope that can be a way for me to repay their trust.
Second, since Eurovision is such a huge show around the world, I hope this Asian version becomes a festival where people from all over the world can discover talented artists and music from many different countries in Asia, share them with each other, and enjoy them together.
HKP: You’ve been experimenting with global pop, EDM, and emotional storytelling. Is there a genre or concept you’re hoping to dive into in your next project?
JUNHEE: Well, I’ve been thinking about a lot of different things lately, and I’m actually considering making a full R&B album. It hasn’t really taken shape yet, but I have quite a few good demos that I’d love to release on my next album, so please look forward to it.
HKP: Looking ahead, what kind of artist do you hope people see you as in the next few years?
JUNHEE: Please remember me as someone who sincerely worked hard and ran toward his dreams. I want to be a young boy with lots of dreams in your eyes forever.
HKP: Finally, what message would you like to leave fans with as you step into this new chapter?
JUNHEE: This is just the beginning, everyone. Buckle up tight, because you might miss something if you don’t!!
Stay tuned!! It starts now!! This journey is going to be a hot one!
I love you! Alright, let’s go!!