- Joined
- 21 November 2018
- Messages
- 203
- Reactions Received
- 788
- Location
- Loonaverse
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
Wow... The guy who sold him to us said he was a boy and he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. My mum will probably have a heart attack if he randomly starts laying eggs. O_O
And thanks for the tip! I'll try it asap. :)
Yeah the guy in the pet store was like: "Yeah this is a boy." then 10 years later SURPRISE... I wanted a male because I had a budgie before who died because she couldn't lie an egg. Luckily because of the surgery my bird can't lie eggs anymore so she's safe.
With the yellow ones like mine it's hard to tell if they're female or male, but some people can tell by colors they have or if you know how the bird's parents looked like. I got this info from a fb group... but people in bird groups are super rude most of the time.
Someone called me a retard when my bird couldn't lay eggs, just because I said I'm looking for a good vet, in my town all vets for birds suck so I had to go to the vet that was an hour and a half away from me. In their opinion I should have known good vets even before I bought the bird... you need to be really careful with questions in such groups because people get triggered right away.
With the yellow ones like mine it's hard to tell if they're female or male, but some people can tell by colors they have or if you know how the bird's parents looked like. I got this info from a fb group... but people in bird groups are super rude most of the time.
Someone called me a retard when my bird couldn't lay eggs, just because I said I'm looking for a good vet, in my town all vets for birds suck so I had to go to the vet that was an hour and a half away from me. In their opinion I should have known good vets even before I bought the bird... you need to be really careful with questions in such groups because people get triggered right away.