COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fall 2022 Anime Discussion (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
Fall 2022 Anime Discussion ~

Which Anime are you watching this season?

I normally binge watch an anime once it has finished airing. Though, there's sometimes a couple of anime shows that I will watch on a weekly basis.
This season that is Urusei Yatsura (2022), which is a remake of the original series that aired more than 40 years ago!

"Not much is notable about the lecherous Ataru Moroboshi, but his extraordinary bad luck sticks out like the horns in an alien's head. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is selected to represent humanity in a duel against one of them. It's a stroke of rare luck for Ataru that the duel is in fact a game of tag, and that his opponent is Lum, daughter of the Oni's leader, who places her personal dignity above victory—as Ataru finds out by seizing Lum's bikini top and with it, victory.

However, misfortune kicks in again when Lum mistakes Ataru's promise to marry his girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, as the desire to wed Lum herself, and decides she rather likes the idea. Wielding her influence as an alien princess, she moves in with him. Forced to deal with the consequences of his womanizing ways, Ataru must balance his crumbling relationship with Shinobu while keeping Lum happy, all the while flirting with every woman he meets."

So far, I've been really enjoying the remake of an anime that I watched many years ago and I love how David Production (studio that animates JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) have managed to maintain the retro vibe to the anime whilst also giving it a modern makeover.

The colour palette of the series is also absolutely gorgeous!

I was also looking forward to seeing how Lum would be portrayed in the remake and David Production have delivered her character's quirks, personality and different emotions perfectly through the animation!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread