Fanfic Preferences (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ok so I know there is some stigma around fanfiction

So I wanted to know what preferences people have about fanfiction.

Like do you only read OTPs do you only read OC's will you make exceptions for certain plots and genres.
All of that I'm really curious to know everyone else's!!

I know for me I tend to read cuter stories just because I'm not the best with writing those so I like reading them as a result.
 
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
631
Reactions Received
4,054
Location
Kyungsoo's Heart Shaped Lips
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Anything goes, really. It's kind of mood-dependent too? Sometimes I want a good fluffy read, other times I want angst and dark themes in them.
As long as it's well-written and engaging, I think I'm fine with most if not all kinds of fics.
:llama_cheer:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Anything goes, really. It's kind of mood-dependent too? Sometimes I want a good fluffy read, other times I want angst and dark themes in them.
As long as it's well-written and engaging, I think I'm fine with most if not all kinds of fics.
:llama_cheer:
You are better than I am with that XD
 
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
631
Reactions Received
4,054
Location
Kyungsoo's Heart Shaped Lips
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm not a picky person(unless it's about other people then I'm picky about that) so there's that
:llama_uwu:
It makes sense to be picky about people. I'm happy I passed the test! ^^
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Ohh, Soulmate AUs will always have a special place in my heart
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ohh, Soulmate AUs will always have a special place in my heart
I've heard you mention those before but what are they exactly??
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I've heard you mention those before but what are they exactly??
Basically, the otp of the fanfic are destined to be together because they are soulmates, but usually they have something that hinders them or some sort of issue or whatever, I can send you a good one of you would like me too ^^
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Basically, the otp of the fanfic are destined to be together because they are soulmates, but usually they have something that hinders them or some sort of issue or whatever, I can send you a good one of you would like me too ^^
Ohhh one of mine is that XD
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I read literally anything as long as it has a good plot and is written well. I am a fan of Mafia or Crime AU's,they are probably my favourite genre.
I enjoy those ones a lot too but I don't think I've read many tbh
 

Angelyna_Frost

BIGBANG's Beautiful Hangover
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
595
Reactions Received
3,264
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Chips, you are like the one exception to the rule of fanfics because you are a talented writer. Most I have read are very obviously written by young(ish) girls who have no sexual experience at all and those are just...no, just no. So for that reason, only personalized ones for me are interesting.

Yours are great- especially any of them that straddle the line between sex/violence. Those are A++++++++.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Chips, you are like the one exception to the rule of fanfics because you are a talented writer. Most I have read are very obviously written by young(ish) girls who have no sexual experience at all and those are just...no, just no. So for that reason, only personalized ones for me are interesting.

Yours are great- especially any of them that straddle the line between sex/violence. Those are A++++++++.
KJDHSFGBNfjadknafdmsl
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I haven't read any Kpop fanfics ever but did read quite a few Harry Potter and Naruto ones over the years.

Here's what I usually avoid or don't like:
1. Love at first sight
2. Forced sex
3. Lots of lemons with very little plot
4. I don't mind angsty fics but if it's a LONG fic and 80% of it is just angst, then mostly it's characters being dumb constantly and it gets on my nerves lol.
5. Usually I don't like OCs or atleast OCs with a major role coz it's mostly self inserts by the author and I wanna read the fanfic for the characters I already am interested in, not some new guy/girl.
 

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
3,795
Reactions Received
21,540
Location
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Gender
Male
Ship
Ok so I know there is some stigma around fanfiction

So I wanted to know what preferences people have about fanfiction.

Like do you only read OTPs do you only read OC's will you make exceptions for certain plots and genres.
All of that I'm really curious to know everyone else's!!

I know for me I tend to read cuter stories just because I'm not the best with writing those so I like reading them as a result.
Psychology AUs ( especially those mind game ones where conventional morals go to die ) & Horror are my weaknesses. I even like some Slice Of Life sometimes.They're cute. I like Royalty AUs & Fantasy too. Angst......only if it's not too dramatic & back-and-forth. ABOverse is really polarizing to me though. The universe is just really instinctual & smutty sometimes, but some good fics have come out of it. I don't discriminate between the OTP & OC ones. If they're well-written, like Bread says, I might read them.

I tend to avoid Smut though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread