Alright, here's my very personal opinion after listening to all the songs. :pepecheer:
It's kind of funny, I started with Dionysus and then went from the top to the bottom and the songs somehow became less likeable in that order?
My favourite is Mikrokosmos, it's really great, I can imagine it as a 5SOS song, especially with that 'whoo' part. 80's vibes towards the end are nice. I'm not really surprised though that it has the same producer as for The Chainsmokers, it has a repeat value which in my opinion is the most important thing.
I love the background music in Make It Right but it makes no difference to me whether it's Ed Sheeran's song or not. It's decent as a b-side but I don't think he would have ever released it as a song on his album. But I can safely put it as a third favourite on the album.
HOME and Jamais Vu bore me a bit, especially Jamais Vu since it's disjointed in some parts. I'll probably have to re-listen a few times. It must be an unpopular opinion though since it seems that the majority of the people like both of these but they didn't really catch my attention, just yet.
Dionysus is my second favourite on the album, judging from the comments I thought it'd be a banger in a style of Baepsae, something that BTS is missing with their recent b-sides and I can't say I am disappointed even though it wasn't exactly like this because it's still a great song. It's like Spine Breaker on steroids with rap-rock influences, lmao. It definitely gives me vibes of their older songs which is great because as a former ARMY, I still think Dark & Wild and Skool Luv Affair are BTS's best albums.
As for the title song, it's very safe, cutesy song that'll appeal to everyone, but personally I don't find it that good and that's probably due to all the jarring auto-tuned parts that ruin the song for me and some of the layered vocal parts, especially for Jimin, are quite bad. There's absolutely no need for this since they're all capable of singing without it. It rather takes away than adds to the song and not in a good way. I'd probably put it in the bottom of the list with the aforementioned b-sides Home and Jamais Vu for now. I'm also not interested in Halsey and my first time of hearing about her was through BTS so this might influence my ranking as well, lol.
Following is my verdict:
- Mikrokosmos
- Dionysus
- Make It Right
Unranked: Home, Jamais Vu, Boy With Luv