- Joined
- 2 July 2019
- Messages
- 4,814
- Reactions Received
- 19,142
- Location
- 3ᑢ 273⁷
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 1,000
- Fandom
- arianator
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
These are just some episodes of anime that were unforgettable for me, but i'm also interested in everyone else's too! My list is in no particular order and I didn't narrow down to any specific number, just thought of the ones that were the most special to me, I did try to avoid putting two episodes of the same anime tho so i'll still have honorable mentions
Mob Psycho 100 II - Episode 1
Now season 1 of Mob Psycho was pretty spectacular. Both the characters and action is at a standard of excellence but what stood out to me about season 1 was the action sequences. The first episode of season 2 sets up the season to be a lot more character driven than the first, and although it still delivered on the action sequences, I didn't feel nearly as hyped for them as I did in the first season. So for me to pick an episode with very little action as my top pick from the series is maybe a little strange if the reason I liked season 1 was mostly for the action. BUT, I feel like this episode is sort of them showing that the series has a lot more to offer outside of the action and comedy aspects of the show, I mean we knew this in season 1 as well but they really just drove it home in season 2. Both episode 1 and episode 7 of season 2 hold a special place in my heart, and episode 7 was a lot more impactful to the story, but when I watched episode 1 expecting to be impressed again by the action following the hype I had in season 1 and instead just being blown off my feet by the most chilled out and heartwarming ending of an episode, this episode just sealed the deal for one of the most unforgettable episodes not just in Mob Psycho 100 but of all time for me. The feeling I had at the end of this episode was literally euphoric, was so hyped to get HYPED and instead I just got fking UNITED STATES OF SMASHed in the face but instead of pain it was warm fuzzies and pure happiness. This episode is the reason I wanted to make this thread in the first place, hence why this paragraph is also likely the longest of all of them lmao.
Black Butler - Episode 5
I just can't get over how Ciel looked with Sebastian's coat over his head, looking up at Madame Red looking so vulnerable despite having Sebby there to protect him, it was just so precious, how could u not want to protecc? I love the fact that it made Madame Red hesitate too, I love the fact that Ciel stopped Sebby since she hesitated, I love how Sebby looked after that close call, with that serious look on his face, all cut up and panting after he rushed over, I love the soundtrack that played, I love the beautifully tragic backstory of Madame Red shown in her cinematic record, and how ruthless Grell was on her when she couldn't kill Ciel. The funeral scene in episode 6 was also beautiful and the best end to Madame Red's character but the overwhelming feeling of wanting to protecc Ciel and give him a hug (even tho he for sure doesn't even need my protecc when he has Sebby nor does he want a hug) pushes this episode to the top for Black Butler. An honorable mention is Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 3 though, Sebby laughing at Ciel as he hit him with stones and then Ciel's angelic smile, I was wheezing, this ep was funny enough to be a top contender honestly.
Shinsekai Yori - Episode 10
This episode was just magical in the series. The hints and build up to this part of the story really made the actual plot for this episode amazing, but there was also the actual animation and art style that was just stunning, and the soundtrack for this particular episode I had on replay for days after finishing the whole anime.
Tokyo Ghoul - Episode 8
"It's not just ghouls that are screwing up the world" Honestly that's all I need to say, this episode solidified Tokyo Ghoul as my favourite anime and Kaneki as my favourite character of all time, everything else about this episode is a masterpiece too, every single scene was impactful for me.
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - Episode 18
Honestly i've never been so hyped for a fight in my life, the reason for the fight made it just that much more important, along with the results of the fight, since it wasn't just one person wins and the other loses, the thing that this fight had to decide was HUGE. And Ironically, I feel like the show ending the way that it did despite this episode, just makes this episode even more impactful even though it changed almost nothing about the eventual outcome. This episode was just raw emotions and two very conflicting ideas that they desperately fought over, the fact that this desperation ended up not really changing anything in the end is what made the ending of the whole show that much more hard hitting. (inline spoiler for this cuz although i'm not adding any context for people who haven't watched it, I don't wanna spoil the fact that the ending is a sad one :^)
Toilet Bound Hanako-kun - Episode 6
i cri ;-;
11/10 stunning episode. Everything was so cute and uwu and pretty lighthearted and then shit got real real fast and hit me in the feels. It's like we knew his backstory would be revealed bit by bit and we knew it was gonna be dark but we didn't know it was gonna be like this, why it gotta be like this? Wanna give my boii Hanako a hug :((
Mob Psycho 100 II - Episode 1
Now season 1 of Mob Psycho was pretty spectacular. Both the characters and action is at a standard of excellence but what stood out to me about season 1 was the action sequences. The first episode of season 2 sets up the season to be a lot more character driven than the first, and although it still delivered on the action sequences, I didn't feel nearly as hyped for them as I did in the first season. So for me to pick an episode with very little action as my top pick from the series is maybe a little strange if the reason I liked season 1 was mostly for the action. BUT, I feel like this episode is sort of them showing that the series has a lot more to offer outside of the action and comedy aspects of the show, I mean we knew this in season 1 as well but they really just drove it home in season 2. Both episode 1 and episode 7 of season 2 hold a special place in my heart, and episode 7 was a lot more impactful to the story, but when I watched episode 1 expecting to be impressed again by the action following the hype I had in season 1 and instead just being blown off my feet by the most chilled out and heartwarming ending of an episode, this episode just sealed the deal for one of the most unforgettable episodes not just in Mob Psycho 100 but of all time for me. The feeling I had at the end of this episode was literally euphoric, was so hyped to get HYPED and instead I just got fking UNITED STATES OF SMASHed in the face but instead of pain it was warm fuzzies and pure happiness. This episode is the reason I wanted to make this thread in the first place, hence why this paragraph is also likely the longest of all of them lmao.
Black Butler - Episode 5
I just can't get over how Ciel looked with Sebastian's coat over his head, looking up at Madame Red looking so vulnerable despite having Sebby there to protect him, it was just so precious, how could u not want to protecc? I love the fact that it made Madame Red hesitate too, I love the fact that Ciel stopped Sebby since she hesitated, I love how Sebby looked after that close call, with that serious look on his face, all cut up and panting after he rushed over, I love the soundtrack that played, I love the beautifully tragic backstory of Madame Red shown in her cinematic record, and how ruthless Grell was on her when she couldn't kill Ciel. The funeral scene in episode 6 was also beautiful and the best end to Madame Red's character but the overwhelming feeling of wanting to protecc Ciel and give him a hug (even tho he for sure doesn't even need my protecc when he has Sebby nor does he want a hug) pushes this episode to the top for Black Butler. An honorable mention is Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 3 though, Sebby laughing at Ciel as he hit him with stones and then Ciel's angelic smile, I was wheezing, this ep was funny enough to be a top contender honestly.
Shinsekai Yori - Episode 10
This episode was just magical in the series. The hints and build up to this part of the story really made the actual plot for this episode amazing, but there was also the actual animation and art style that was just stunning, and the soundtrack for this particular episode I had on replay for days after finishing the whole anime.
Tokyo Ghoul - Episode 8
"It's not just ghouls that are screwing up the world" Honestly that's all I need to say, this episode solidified Tokyo Ghoul as my favourite anime and Kaneki as my favourite character of all time, everything else about this episode is a masterpiece too, every single scene was impactful for me.
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - Episode 18
Honestly i've never been so hyped for a fight in my life, the reason for the fight made it just that much more important, along with the results of the fight, since it wasn't just one person wins and the other loses, the thing that this fight had to decide was HUGE. And Ironically, I feel like the show ending the way that it did despite this episode, just makes this episode even more impactful even though it changed almost nothing about the eventual outcome. This episode was just raw emotions and two very conflicting ideas that they desperately fought over, the fact that this desperation ended up not really changing anything in the end is what made the ending of the whole show that much more hard hitting. (inline spoiler for this cuz although i'm not adding any context for people who haven't watched it, I don't wanna spoil the fact that the ending is a sad one :^)
Toilet Bound Hanako-kun - Episode 6
i cri ;-;
11/10 stunning episode. Everything was so cute and uwu and pretty lighthearted and then shit got real real fast and hit me in the feels. It's like we knew his backstory would be revealed bit by bit and we knew it was gonna be dark but we didn't know it was gonna be like this, why it gotta be like this? Wanna give my boii Hanako a hug :((