News FIFTY FIFTY announces boycott to SBS ‘Inkigayo’ (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,463
Reactions Received
39,095
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I'm not sure this will work out in their favor. Although, now that I understand that these shows are just a cash grab for korean networks I'm not really a fan of them. And they got rid of Jihan... then Eunchae.... Sullyoon better not be next! :pandangry:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Here is the explanation for anyone curious:

It has been confirmed that girl group Fifty Fifty, who resumed activities as a five-member group, will not be appearing on SBS's 'Inkigayo'.

Fifty Fifty, who released their second mini-album 'Love Tune' on the 20th, appeared on Mnet's 'M Countdown' on the 26th and KBS 2TV's 'Music Bank' on the 27th. They will perform on MBC's 'Show! Music Core' on the 28th, but will not be appearing on SBS's 'Inkigayo' that will be broadcast on the 29th.

This is a protest against the fact that SBS's current affairs program 'I Want to Know That' did not make an official apology despite receiving a heavy disciplinary action from the Korea Communications Standards Commission for biased broadcasting when allegations of tampering were raised last year. In effect, they will be 'boycotting' their appearances on SBS until an official apology is made. A boycott refers to various organized refusal movements carried out by a group against unfair acts in the fields of politics, economy, society, labor, entertainment, and sports.

On the 28th, Attract CEO Jeon Hong-jun, Fifty Fifty's agency, told Munhwa Ilbo, "I will be clear," and added, "Even if entertainment and culture are different, 'I Want to Know That' made a huge mistake with Attract and the human Jeon Hong-jun." He continued, "People around me say, 'Entertainment and culture are different, so why don’t you just go with it as a promotional effort? ' I don't mind if I can't promote it. Sometimes, fame and pride are more important than money."

After the controversy broke out, 'I Want to Know That' eventually deleted the relevant broadcast and admitted its mistake. It also received a 'warning' from the Korea Communications Standards Commission. However, the 'I Want to Know That' production team has never contacted Attract or apologized to CEO Jeon since then.

The former representative stated, "There was no contact at all. Since I've been in the broadcasting industry for 30 years, PDs I know indirectly contacted me and said, 'I'll make a spot for you,' so I told them, 'Stop apologizing unofficially and apologize officially. That's how my pride will be restored. What are you talking about after beating up me when I was just sitting there? I can't accept it. '" He criticized, saying, "It's so unfair that they haven't made any official apology until now after hitting up a passerby. Just because they're a powerful group and a broadcasting station, doesn't mean they can do whatever they want?"

It's also rumored that the production team of 'Inkigayo' is in an awkward position in this situation. However, since Fifty Fifty hasn't made an official request for their appearance, it's not easy for 'Inkigayo' to request that they participate.
 
Last edited:
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,463
Reactions Received
39,095
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
However, since Fifty Fifty hasn't made an official request for their appearance, it's not easy for 'Inkigayo' to request that they participate.
Because after phone call that says. "Hey, we were Wong and we're sorry. to make itbup to you your first appearance is free!" is super complicated. :haylul:
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,463
Reactions Received
39,095
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Here is the explanation for anyone curious:


It has been confirmed that girl group Fifty Fifty, who resumed activities as a five-member group, will not be appearing on SBS's 'Inkigayo'.

Fifty Fifty, who released their secondmini-album 'Love Tune' on the 20th, appeared on Mnet's 'M Countdown' on the 26th and KBS 2TV's 'Music Bank' on the 27th. They will perform on MBC's 'Show! Music Core' on the 28th, but will not be appearing on SBS's 'Inkigayo' that will be broadcast on the 29th.

This is a protest against the fact that SBS's current affairs program 'I Want to Know That' did not make an official apology despite receiving a heavy disciplinary action from the Korea Communications Standards Commission for biased broadcasting when allegations of tampering were raised last year. In effect, they will be 'boycotting' their appearances on SBS until an official apology is made. A boycott refers to various organized refusal movements carried out by a group against unfair acts in the fields of politics, economy, society, labor, entertainment, and sports.

On the 28th, Attract CEO Jeon Hong-jun, Fifty Fifty's agency, told Munhwa Ilbo, "I will be clear," and added, "Even if entertainment and culture are different, 'I Want to Know That' made a huge mistake with Attract and the human Jeon Hong-jun." He continued, "People around me say, 'Entertainment and culture are different, so why don't you just go with it as a promotional effort? ' I don't mind if I can't promote it. Sometimes, fame and pride are more important than money."

After the controversy broke out, 'I Want to Know That' eventually deleted the relevant broadcast and admitted its mistake. It also received a 'warning' from the Korea Communications Standards Commission. However, the 'I Want to Know That' production team has never contacted Attract or apologized to CEO Jeon since then.

The former representative stated, "There was no contact at all. Since I've been in the broadcasting industry for 30 years, PDs I know indirectly contacted me and said, 'I'll make a spot for you,' so I told them, 'Stop apologizing unofficially and apologize officially. That's how my pride will be restored. What are you talking about after beating up me when I was just sitting there? I can't accept it. '" He criticized, saying, "It's so unfair that they haven't made any official apology until now after hitting up a passerby. Just because they're a powerful group and a broadcasting station, doesn't mean they can do whatever they want?"

It 's also rumored that the production team of 'Inkigayo' is in an awkward position in this situation. However, since Fifty Fifty hasn't made an official request for their appearance, it's not easy for 'Inkigayo' to request that they participate.
The double post confused me so much. I was about to repost what I wrote because I thought mine didn't post. :haylul:
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,587
Reactions Received
18,258
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
133,695
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Makes sense. Considering their "news" reporting on the lawsuit situation was so blatantly false they received disciplinary actions and admitted wrongdoing, I don't know why they wouldn't issue an apology too. They know what they did was BS.

From what I can find, too, this move seems to be generally well received. knetz are really on Fifty Fifty's side after everything that's been revealed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,145
Reactions Received
98,944
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
351,031
Ship
Wreck
And they got rid of Jihan... then Eunchae.... Sullyoon better not be next! :pandangry:
I do not really mean to defend the broadbacsting stations, but why would you put it like that? The idols just quit on them, I don't think they get rid of them as you said

At least with Eunchae it's clear she quit and the people at Music Bank are all heartbroken about it :thumbsupcat:
 
Last edited:

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,145
Reactions Received
98,944
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
351,031
Ship
Wreck
Makes sense. Considering their "news" reporting on the lawsuit situation was so blatantly false they received disciplinary actions and admitted wrongdoing, I don't know why they wouldn't issue an apology too. They know what they did was BS.

From what I can find, too, this move seems to be generally well received. knetz are really on Fifty Fifty's side after everything that's been revealed.
Moguri can understand it too from the CEO's perspective, what they did was really horrible in a situation when everything already came falling down for him.

Also I saw a few different translations of this, but he mentioned somewhere that they had promised to make a second episode and correct the facts they got wrong, but they never did.. it's really dissapointing and I wonder to this day how this could have happend if the programm had a good reputation before.

Still so sad for the girls :nekosweat:
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,463
Reactions Received
39,095
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I do not really mean to defend the broadbacsting stations, but why would you put it like that? The idols just quit on them, I don't think they get rid of them as you said

At least with Eunchae it's clear she quit and the people at Musik Bank are all heartbroken about it :thumbsupcat:
I wasn't aware she quit. I tend to assume the shows are just being profitable seeking assholes when music show hosts are replaced and just want the younger prettier Idols.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,145
Reactions Received
98,944
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
351,031
Ship
Wreck
I wasn't aware she quit. I tend to assume the shows are just being profitable seeking assholes when music show hosts are replaced and just want the younger prettier Idols.
It's possible, but the worst assumption is not always correct :thumbsupcat:

Eunchae told the staff left messages on all her cue cards on the last broadcast, saying how much they love her and she tried ignoring those during the broadcast, as it would have made her tear up

Eunchae often had to fly back to korea earlier thatn LSFM to do the music show, like when they were in japan for example. I think being a host of a weekly music show while her group is traveling the world all the time, was a huge burden on Eunchae and probably she had to admit now. that it's getting to much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,286
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,035
Ship
Wreck
I wasn't aware she quit. I tend to assume the shows are just being profitable seeking assholes when music show hosts are replaced and just want the younger prettier Idols.
It's possible, but the worst assumption is not always correct :thumbsupcat:

Eunchae told the staff left messages on all her cue cards on the last broadcast, saying how much they love her and she tried ignoring those during the broadcast, as it would have made her tear up

Eunchae often had to fly back to korea earlier thatn LSFM to do the music show, like when they were in japan for example. I think being a host of a weekly music show while her group is traveling the world all the time, was a huge burden on Eunchae and probably she had to admit now. that it's getting to much.
It's usually more to do with idols that are trendy like Arin became an MC in 2020 which was 5 years after Oh My Girl debuted but because of Nonstop they were trendy at the time and being an MC works as a way for them to promote. Chances are it's the idols companies pulling out because Music Shows generally aren't money makers for the idols appearing on them and it's why established idols promote for 2 weeks then dash a lot of the time as they don't need the promotion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,286
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,035
Ship
Wreck
Fair to Fifty Fifty as people carelessly reporting things should be held accountable when one bad article can be all it takes to destroy someones reputation completely and there's no bigger point in a story than the first post about it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,145
Reactions Received
98,944
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
351,031
Ship
Wreck
It's usually more to do with idols that are trendy like Arin became an MC in 2020 which was 5 years after Oh My Girl debuted but because of Nonstop they were trendy at the time and being an MC works as a way for them to promote. Chances are it's the idols companies pulling out because Music Shows generally aren't money makers for the idols appearing on them and it's why established idols promote for 2 weeks then dash a lot of the time as they don't need the promotion.
oh yeah after I wrote it and thought about it a bit more this also crossed my mind, as she is getting replaced by a newer idol from HYBE, it could also be the companies decision, that would be sad if Eunchae wanted to go on :sadcat:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,286
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,035
Ship
Wreck
oh yeah after I wrote it and thought about it a bit more this also crossed my mind, as she is getting replaced by a newer idol from HYBE, it could also be the companies decision, that would be sad if Eunchae wanted to go on :sadcat:
It's possible she liked the gig and wanted to continue but it's just not realistic for an idol to be a permanent fixture if they are part of a big group as if Le Sserafim do a world tour which is almost guaranteed then that's not something she can just pop back from. She has the experience to hold onto at the end of the day and not every idol gets to be MC of a Music Show and there's even rarer gigs that only a handful of idols get like Hani and Heechul hosting Weekly Idol or Hwasa being a cast member of I Live Alone for a time period as most are just contestants on these shows at best.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread