Appreciation Finally watched all of Code Geass (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Well... fuck... my life basically has been mostly Code Geass the past 2-3 days... And my heart can't take this stuff. I knew so much stuff about the series before watching it, I knew the ending was the best/worst thing to every happen in anime and I still endured it knowing I'd cry at the end... tho I cried more than once so.

So, the first season itself is a masterpiece that constantly has you questioning everything, every character, every decision and gives such subtle hints that it's really insane how well it's done. And I wasn't really expecting the season to end like that and than to just begin... again...which isn't bad in any way.

The second season was more of that just on a grander scale and in a sense i felt like it had less sharp turns that made you go "WHAT, HOW, DAMN" but they made you go more like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! HOW IN THE HELL", so it was more intense but at a lesser rate.

I can't believe how much I cared for each character and how invested i was in everything since I feel like most of the time I'm not gut-wrenchingly invested in anime or any media really. But this had me feeling uneasy throughout.

That ending... fucking killed me, seeing that burden on Lelouch and seeing him just carry it and act evil and emotionless towards everyone was unbearable...
There were no moments that had me going like "Damn that was stupid" or "That character made such a idiotic decision", nothing like that which is very nice to see cause I love to hate series based on extremely stupid characters. *khm* Vinland Saga *khm*

My emotions are in a jumble currently and I still can't fucking believe that ending and I wanna watch more :pepecry2::pepecry2::pepecry2:

Oh yea also killing 2/3 most likeable and endearing characters is such a bold move but they pulled it off marvelously.

Man I don't even have words anymore to describe it... I could write like 50 more paragraphs about each thing that I liked and that surprised me but I won't just cause It'd be way too long.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Code Geass is definitely one of my all time fave and I return to rewatch it once a while. It's one of the first animes I watched (I mean apart from shows they showed in tv when I was kid/pre-teen) and I remember having to pause cause I struggled with english subtitles, there was just too many details and difficult words in the dialogue for me back then :jisoosmh: But I was instantly hooked and slowly started to gather more what was going on, until the show threw me another curveball.

Bit interestingly I think my feelings and thoughts towards certain characters have changed a bit now. Like for some reason I wasn't that big on Lelouch, just thought him as ok, but now I love how complex he is. He's extremely intelligent, but also such fuck-up :lisalaugh: He just keep digging himself in the messes, gets hurt and has no way back to what everything was so he just needs to keep going. But I think him being quite human despite all his intelligence, and then ending up the decision he did shows that he grew and matured a lot. Lot of super intelligent characters aren't really relatable cause they are pretty emotionless and never do wrong, but that's not the case with him.

Ofc, some of my favorites still stay the same as back then. Kallen still best, love Rolo want to give him a hug, and Schneizel is just perfect hot villain with quite understable motivations and plans.

Btw, who you shipped with Lelouch? Or did you ship anyone? I think I actually made thread about it while back :lisalaugh::lisalaugh:
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Code Geass is definitely one of my all time fave and I return to rewatch it once a while. It's one of the first animes I watched (I mean apart from shows they showed in tv when I was kid/pre-teen) and I remember having to pause cause I struggled with english subtitles, there was just too many details and difficult words in the dialogue for me back then :jisoosmh: But I was instantly hooked and slowly started to gather more what was going on, until the show threw me another curveball.

Bit interestingly I think my feelings and thoughts towards certain characters have changed a bit now. Like for some reason I wasn't that big on Lelouch, just thought him as ok, but now I love how complex he is. He's extremely intelligent, but also such fuck-up :lisalaugh: He just keep digging himself in the messes, gets hurt and has no way back to what everything was so he just needs to keep going. But I think him being quite human despite all his intelligence, and then ending up the decision he did shows that he grew and matured a lot. Lot of super intelligent characters aren't really relatable cause they are pretty emotionless and never do wrong, but that's not the case with him.

Ofc, some of my favorites still stay the same as back then. Kallen still best, love Rolo want to give him a hug, and Schneizel is just perfect hot villain with quite understable motivations and plans.

Btw, who you shipped with Lelouch? Or did you ship anyone? I think I actually made thread about it while back :lisalaugh::lisalaugh:
I treated it as a harem anime :haylul: I was just like, fuck em all, be the harem protagonist we all want ahahhaha but if I'm really honest I shipped him with Shirley the most and tbh if you ask me he truly did love her unlike the other love interests that were there but I never saw the true connection. I won't count Nunnally cause she's his sister ofc cause that would be no.1 and I've seen people talk about Euphy a lot but like... nah, she's Kururugis all the way.

I also shipped Kallen with that blonde Knight of Rounds dude and ofc Ogi and whatshername. Gillford and older sister was also a really non-explored ship I liked.

I don't even have a fav character now tho I am interested how I'll feel about it later on after I've stopped grieving over this damn entire series :pepecry2: Every character had their perks and things to like, I did hate Nina tho, never did understand her much... also table-san.... I actually had no idea that scene was from Code Geass at all until it came up, I just knew it existed somewhere. Oh yea and unlike your Rolo wasn't really that likable for me, I cried when he died but that was literally cause of his final decission. Ye he was tragic but I just didn't like the "replace his sister" mentality.

And yea I agree, the really smart characters are out of this world in a sense but I could understand all of their motivations most of the time (except big papa and mama which had me going like ??? What exactly was their plan?). I also loved not knowing who to root for in the final 3 episodes, despite knowing that Lelouch is the main character and that he was probably gonna turn it around I still wasn't sure.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lelouch X Shirley OTP for life.

Like I love CC and Kallen but Shirley was the true love :umjicry:

Also fuck you Suzaku.
Tbh, I really disliked Shirley :nekosweat:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
3,522
Reactions Received
23,038
Location
ONCE Nation
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I treated it as a harem anime :haylul: I was just like, fuck em all, be the harem protagonist we all want ahahhaha but if I'm really honest I shipped him with Shirley the most and tbh if you ask me he truly did love her unlike the other love interests that were there but I never saw the true connection. I won't count Nunnally cause she's his sister ofc cause that would be no.1 and I've seen people talk about Euphy a lot but like... nah, she's Kururugis all the way.

I also shipped Kallen with that blonde Knight of Rounds dude and ofc Ogi and whatshername. Gillford and older sister was also a really non-explored ship I liked.

I don't even have a fav character now tho I am interested how I'll feel about it later on after I've stopped grieving over this damn entire series :pepecry2: Every character had their perks and things to like, I did hate Nina tho, never did understand her much... also table-san.... I actually had no idea that scene was from Code Geass at all until it came up, I just knew it existed somewhere. Oh yea and unlike your Rolo wasn't really that likable for me, I cried when he died but that was literally cause of his final decission. Ye he was tragic but I just didn't like the "replace his sister" mentality.

And yea I agree, the really smart characters are out of this world in a sense but I could understand all of their motivations most of the time (except big papa and mama which had me going like ??? What exactly was their plan?). I also loved not knowing who to root for in the final 3 episodes, despite knowing that Lelouch is the main character and that he was probably gonna turn it around I still wasn't sure.
Yeah I had the same reaction. I hated Rolo, but they executed his death scene so well, I cried as well. The music in those scenes were really on point.
Lelouch is just the greatest character ever to me. He's like a wish fulfillment character that is very human and still faces enormous consequences. He's just masterfully crafted.
This is my favorite anime of all time. :sj_weary:
I'm glad you were able to experience it. I've rewatched it many times, but it has been a long time since the last rewatch maybe like 5 years or something. :pepeslippy:
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I need to re-watch this series. Just like every other anime it messes with your brain man. What anime are you going to start on next?
I actually have no idea, I won't be watching anything for the next week cause I have my 2 last exams for this semester but after that... I actually need to check my to-watch list. Oh wait yea I always forget, maybe I'll finally watch Black Butler cause I've heard a lot of good things about it.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Lelouch loved all the girls in his harem :jenniesmug:
Nah Kallen and CC seemed more like business partners who were also the occasional booty call :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Nah Kallen and CC seemed more like business partners who were also the occasional booty call :lisalaugh:
Hmm, I saw Shirley more of what would have happened if Geass and Zero wouldn't have happened. Through the series I think she and her interactions were glimpses on normal high school life that Lelouch couldn't anymore have. The longer series went on the more distant she and other classmastes grew from him. Tbh, I think C.C was most canon relationship with Lelouch since they became partners and she was only one who knew everything of him. Still I like his and Kallen's relationship most though.
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I actually have no idea, I won't be watching anything for the next week cause I have my 2 last exams for this semester but after that... I actually need to check my to-watch list. Oh wait yea I always forget, maybe I'll finally watch Black Butler cause I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Well, good luck on your exams! I'm sure you'll ace 'em. Black Butler is soooo gooood. I think there are 3 seasons and a movie. Sebastian 'aka the butler' is zaddy for life. If you haven't already I would add "Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Magi" to your list. Both will give you a good laugh and leave you at the edge of your seat.

I'm still scarred by what happened to Lelouch and his sister...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread