For those of you who learned English as a second language (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
What was it like and when did you start learning it? If you know more than your native language and English, was it harder to learn English or the other language?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I started seriously learning it when I was 4, but because I was surrounded by English speakers it was easy to learn.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Been learning it since Kindergarten and it's all the same when it comes to reading or writing any 3 of the languages I can speak. It's when I am angry or trying to organize my thoughts does it get difficult. I tend to start discussing in one language, add a few English words in the middle and end my argument in a completely different language :we_kpopsourcing:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Mmmm yes and now. I think verb tenses were my nightmare :lisalaugh: but it was easy to learn vocabulary by watching series, movies, or reading books. My native language is a Latin language so not really similar to English in vocabulary or grammar... And I can't say that I know it better than my native language, there are still some idioms and words that just sound different and are, maybe, easier to use
 
Joined
16 January 2021
Messages
5
Reactions Received
5
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm learning English and I can't vouch for this site 10 Great Online English Courses for Beginners, I know that there are many ways of learning languages and what it works for me, maybe won't work for everyone, but I want to contribute by giving my own experience and what turned out to be the best option In my personal experience, tell me yours? what helped you, or what are you doing to learn another language?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and kinnie

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
When I was three/ four I was surrounded by English speakers, but I still couldn’t really speak the language except for a few words like yes and no haha. Starting at five after I really came to live in the US, I learned English very quickly since I had to speak it all day in school, but I remember being really scared and nervous bc I couldn’t really understand that well in the beginning. :’)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread