COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Former BG-only Stan rates your fave GGs (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
So as some of you know I haven't always been into GGs.
I'd say my first 2 years of K-Pop 2017 & 2018 I was mainly focused on BGs, especially Rookies and Nugu Groups.

Obviously Dreamcatcher is the 10/10 for me,
but I'm here to rate all other GGs that you can throw at me, be that disbanded, active, new or old ones.
:sakUwu:

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm a BG stan that is going to stalk this thread to see if I can also find music I like :pepelook:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
(G)I-DLE
:pikahappy:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I don’t stan them but Oh My Girl

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I'm just rating their music, can't talk much about choreo cuz I have no idea about dancing and visuals are subjective

i stan almost only bgs, but

Gfriend, Weki Meki, and Exid
GFRIEND

From what I remember most of their music is like a fairytale / classical, shy choir girl, which I never quite enjoyed.
The sort of magical, quirky concepts never worked for me.
Fever and Mago are 2 exceptions from this because it's completely different and I think they show off their individual charm with those 2 the most.
Their vocals blend really well together, and I think if I knew their names it would be really easy to tell who sings what on B-sides etc..
5/10

WEKI MEKI

Weki Meki is one of the few groups I like all of the title tracks but almost none of the B-Sides.
The magic from their titles sadly doesn't translate into the rest of the albums which is a big shame.
They've shown so much variety already while maintaining a style that I could recognize immediately if I heard it on radio.
2 members really stand out to me though, Elly and Yoojung, I'm always really drawn to them in their songs.
Both of them kinda always steal the show for me whenever it's their turn.
8/10

EXID

EXID are one of the few groups that could pull off a serious sexy concept without it seeming forced or uncomfortable for the members.
I never really checked out their B-Sides besides their ECLIPSE album which has some of my all time favorite B-Sides, but their titles were always great and catchy. I do gotta say that L.E's voice is really annoying to me. I can hear that she's a great rapper but the tone of her voice is really unpleasant to me.
They were seemingly popular however they still deserved much more attention than they got.
6.7/10

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm just rating their music, can't talk much about choreo cuz I have no idea about dancing and visuals are subjective

GFRIEND

From what I remember most of their music is like a fairytale / classical, shy choir girl, which I never quite enjoyed.
The sort of magical, quirky concepts never worked for me.
Fever and Mago are 2 exceptions from this because it's completely different and I think they show off their individual charm with those 2 the most.
Their vocals blend really well together, and I think if I knew their names it would be really easy to tell who sings what on B-sides etc..
5/10

WEKI MEKI

Weki Meki is one of the few groups I like all of the title tracks but almost none of the B-Sides.
The magic from their titles sadly doesn't translate into the rest of the albums which is a big shame.
They've shown so much variety already while maintaining a style that I could recognize immediately if I heard it on radio.
2 members really stand out to me though, Elly and Yoojung, I'm always really drawn to them in their songs.
Both of them kinda always steal the show for me whenever it's their turn.
8/10

EXID

EXID are one of the few groups that could pull off a serious sexy concept without it seeming forced or uncomfortable for the members.
I never really checked out their B-Sides besides their ECLIPSE album which has some of my all time favorite B-Sides, but their titles were always great and catchy. I do gotta say that L.E's voice is really annoying to me. I can hear that she's a great rapper but the tone of her voice is really unpleasant to me.
They were seemingly popular however they still deserved much more attention than they got.
6.7/10
hahaha i love gfriend's songs but i haven't heard mago yet tho :haylul: wekimeki deserve a lot of love, i love them sm!! lucy >>>

exid is one of my favorites, i love LE :wimwim: Lol, i love their b-sides, they're good.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Probably my favorite GG after Dreamcatcher.
Similar to DC there was something missing for me with their first few releases and I only really got into them after Queendom.
As you probably know Soyeon is my favorite female rapper atm and while (G)I-DLE songs,
especially the ones produced by Soyeon, are more focused on her, the other members aren't being drowned out by her.
Generally though, as with Weki Meki, besides their I trust album (and hopefully their I burn album) I was never big into their B-Sides which hopefully changes with future albums cuz I really loved the I trust album.
8.3/10

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I don’t stan them but Oh My Girl
They fall into the same category as GFRIEND for me, I love LIAR LIAR and Nonstop + Dolphin but besides those 3 songs I don't really like their music at all. I can't even pinpoint exactly why as I did with GFRIEND but it just doesn't click for me.
YooA and Mimi are the only 2 I can really make out when I listen to the 3 songs above occasionally but generally I like all of the vocals they deliver.
5.5/10

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I remember posting about them as one of the rookies to keep an eye out for KS Press days :sanapray:
Their music has a pretty mainstream BG hype song structure (which is refreshing to hear from a GG instead of a BG) but they always manage to 180° it with their drops(not YESSIR), which are some of the most unique ones in K-Pop I've heard, especially for QUEEN which I didn't really like much.
I don't think their vocals are too outstanding and go a bit under with the loud instrumentals.
Thy kinda leave me wanting more, that said I really LOVED On Air and Stay With Me.
7/10

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Not a girl group but I just want to know, AleXa
ATM my favorite female soloist.
She just does everything so well.
She goes off when dancing, she has great flow when rapping.
Revolution had her best vocal performance yet I think, if she went an extra mile she could have a great powerhouse of a voice.
Her songs are my go to hype songs and the best thing she stans A.C.E
10/10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread