- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,384
- Reactions Received
- 151,392
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
i found some words for one topic I wanted to rant about so you guys will be the victims
Aren’t we just blessed that doctors can magically predict that a woman will want kids in the future and therefore have a good reason to tell her what she can do procedure wise to her body?
If anyone’s confused I’m talking about tubal ligation, a procedure where women get the tubes clipped or tied in basic terms to prevent future pregnancies.
And no, when I talk about doctors that refuse this I don’t count doctors who don’t do if for valid medical reasons (it can put a woman’s life at risk, ect). The ones that frustrate me are the ones who say no because “what if you change your mind about kids”, “what if your husband decides he wants kids”, what if your future husband if you divorce your current one wants kids”, ect. Not to mention asking for the husbands consent or other nonsense of that sort. To add to this I’ve seen stories where some doctors even agree to a tubal ligation….only in certain cases (for example “you have mental health problems so it’s better off if you don’t have kids anyways”. Can I just say yikes?). Note that to get a vasectomy, from my understanding usually you just show up and say you want one and they agree, without asking for your wife’s permission or anything (not always ofc, but significantly more often). But old men telling women what they can or can’t do with their body is pretty standard so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
Aren’t we just blessed that doctors can magically predict that a woman will want kids in the future and therefore have a good reason to tell her what she can do procedure wise to her body?
If anyone’s confused I’m talking about tubal ligation, a procedure where women get the tubes clipped or tied in basic terms to prevent future pregnancies.
And no, when I talk about doctors that refuse this I don’t count doctors who don’t do if for valid medical reasons (it can put a woman’s life at risk, ect). The ones that frustrate me are the ones who say no because “what if you change your mind about kids”, “what if your husband decides he wants kids”, what if your future husband if you divorce your current one wants kids”, ect. Not to mention asking for the husbands consent or other nonsense of that sort. To add to this I’ve seen stories where some doctors even agree to a tubal ligation….only in certain cases (for example “you have mental health problems so it’s better off if you don’t have kids anyways”. Can I just say yikes?). Note that to get a vasectomy, from my understanding usually you just show up and say you want one and they agree, without asking for your wife’s permission or anything (not always ofc, but significantly more often). But old men telling women what they can or can’t do with their body is pretty standard so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.