Full Review & Ranking of The Conjuring Series (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So my boyfriend and I FINALLY finished the entirety of these movies.
Obviously not The Conjuring 3 since it isn't out yet but yeah.
So here is my full ranking and review of them in order.

1. Annabelle: Creation: Honestly I have seen scarier movies but also this one was the scariest in general. It didn't fully rely on cheesy jump scares and the cinematography and atmosphere of this movie kept me on edge the entire time. The effects used really gave me goosebumps and I found myself unable to look away from the screen but also desperately wanting to look away about a million and one times. The acting in this was also spot on if you ask me. Seriously fantastic work by the young actresses and the entire story line while maybe not the most unique was so intriguing and I felt like it had its own flavor to it. I hope they use the people who created this movie to help make future Annabelle ones.

2. The Conjuring 2: So I thought The Conjuring was a scary movie but boy was I wrong. This one blew that one out of the water for me. I was not expecting it to be better than The Conjuring for me but oh boy it was fantastic. First of all the actress who plays Janet? get that girl an award omfg she did fantastic at making me want to crawl out of my skin and disappear. The effects once again were amazing (except for one scene with the crooked man). Also, I was able to feel so much heartbreak for the family this movie centered on and for the Warren's on top of it. The scares in this movie made me shake, it wasn't fully relying once again on cheap jumpscares-no it was atmospheric and pulled you in from the get-go and didn't let you go until the very end. Everything in it was either subtlely creepy OR in your face SCARY. I LOVED IT.

3. The Conjuring: Once again this one is up here because I think the build-up and atmosphere were spot on the entire movie. I felt creeped out even if I wasn't entirely scared at some point. I mean the pacing was perfect and the build-up left me wanting to know more until the final climax where I was definitely on the edge of my seat. I also really loved the overall plot of this movie. The acting in it once again was great and so were the effects.

4. Annabelle: So this one wasn't necessarily the scariest, however, I did enjoy the cinematography once again and liked the overall plotline of it. There were some moments that had me scared or praying to God that nothing bad happened to this family. I mean there was even a moment or two where my heart stopped completely and I was freaking out a bit. It wasn't the grandest or scary one but nonetheless, I enjoyed my experience watching it-though I can maybe understand why someone would find it boring.

5. Annabelle: Homecoming:
This movie had its scary moments but also I almost fell asleep during it multiple times. The only reason I managed to stay awake is that it scared my boyfriend and he wouldn't let me actually sleep. I thought some of the main characters in this one were particularly dumb which kind of turned me off of this one a bit with that part but I guess all the creepy stuff had to have a reason to start in the first place. I think there were indeed some scary moments and once again I think the cinematography in this was pretty damn good. They used a good color gradient and everything allowing the atmosphere to be domineering in a sense. But I also found this movie to be trying a bit too hard. I think I know why it was created but not really?

6. The Nun: Oh great mother of all that is shit plotting-this one WINS. The storyline in this one is so convoluted and stupid in my opinion, it did not need to be added to this series of movies at all. The plot was SERIOUSLY lacking here and as a result, I found it really hard to get sucked into it. Yes, there were some scary bits. But they were basically sparce. I found myself scared and intrigued here and there but overall the lack of plot or the overdone plot made this one hard to follow or enjoy.

7. The Curse of La Llorona: Who allowed them? Who fucking allowed them to produce this heap of garabage? I fell asleep the first time my BF and I tried watching this. The second time we tried watching it I almost fell asleep again. This movie was such a chore to watch it was so fucking bad. Do you want something that is actually scary? This ain't it folks. It heavily relies on jumpscares as the main way of terrifying you and I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it for me. The story of La Llorona was also basically turned into any other type of ghost movie and ugh that was just a massive letdown because it could've been really good. The acting and cinematography was pretty damn bad and so were the effects. La Llorona looked like an emo girl from when I was younger and it was almost laughable. This movie was straight up trash and that's sad.

​
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Myco

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Ok, I find it really interesting that Annabelle Creation was your top, it makes me curious to watch it. As I think I told your or maybe I didn't, I've never seen any of these movies. But maybe I will put some time into it and make my own ranking. However I have no doubt that the stable spots on your list are the Nun and La Llorona LOL
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ok, I find it really interesting that Annabelle Creation was your top, it makes me curious to watch it. As I think I told your or maybe I didn't, I've never seen any of these movies. But maybe I will put some time into it and make my own ranking. However I have no doubt that the stable spots on your list are the Nun and La Llorona LOL
I'd be so shocked if someone ever gave those two a higher rating or ranking and tag me if you do that!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread