Fun Little Game: Select a Book From These Pictures and... (4 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'll read the first chapter of it and give you my thoughts.
Each photo is based on a specific category on my TBR (To Be Read) Shelf.
Give me the name or the number going up from the bottom and the title of the category.

And like I stated above I'll read the first chapter and respond with my thoughts.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg



IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Sequels are ones to book series I have already started.
So don't feel nervous selecting one as it won't be a spoiler for a book I haven't read.

Also this was a hundred percent inspired by a youtuber I really like.

...please don't let my nerd ass thread flop...
:pepecry2::pepecry2::pepecry2::pepecry2:​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
hmm, in my dreams i hold a knife
So 1st chapter was 7 pages. Just introducing our clearly troubled main character, Jessica Miller, as she gets an invite to return back to her college for homecoming. She clearly has problems but wants to prove herself this time around upon returning to college even though 2 of the people from her old group of 7 friends are no longer there because one of them is dead and the other is the "murderer".

Honestly, I realize the author is creating an unreliable narrator but I already do NOT like Jessica so I don't know how I feel about it right now.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Villains

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,307
Reactions Received
28,174
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,510
Fandom
Villain
Ship
So 1st chapter was 7 pages. Just introducing our clearly troubled main character, Jessica Miller, as she gets an invite to return back to her college for homecoming. She clearly has problems but wants to prove herself this time around upon returning to college even though 2 of the people from her old group of 7 friends are no longer there because one of them is dead and the other is the "murderer".

Honestly, I realize the author is creating an unreliable narrator but I already do NOT like Jessica so I don't know how I feel about it right now.
this sounds interesting
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
this sounds interesting
It may be me just being skeptical because I just finished reading If We Were Villains by M.L.Rio and the concepts are pretty similar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Either the top or bottom book in the romance stack looks great.
Chose the top one-Flip The Script.

It starts off introducing our main character, Jin Hana, a Korean-American girl who has come to Korea to make a name for herself as an actress starring alongside the famous Kpop Idol Bryan Yoon. We read about her finishing filming on set, going home on hte bus and hearing children talk about how they hope her acting sucks so she doesn't steal Bryan Yoon from them, then get introduced to her parents and manager right before they watch the show premiere-all that in just 10 pages.

So far it's so much telling and not enough showing. I feel like everything was just thrown at me, instead of shown-and everything was also explained in a way that it didn't need to be explained. It was easy to read though and quick, just feels very new-author and also very juvenile in regards to the writing style. Also don't like that the character just flat our says she is Bi. I wish I could've learned it in another way. It seems so weird to me.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Chose the top one-Flip The Script.

It starts off introducing our main character, Jin Hana, a Korean-American girl who has come to Korea to make a name for herself as an actress starring alongside the famous Kpop Idol Bryan Yoon. We read about her finishing filming on set, going home on hte bus and hearing children talk about how they hope her acting sucks so she doesn't steal Bryan Yoon from them, then get introduced to her parents and manager right before they watch the show premiere-all that in just 10 pages.

So far it's so much telling and not enough showing. I feel like everything was just thrown at me, instead of shown-and everything was also explained in a way that it didn't need to be explained. It was easy to read though and quick, just feels very new-author and also very juvenile in regards to the writing style. Also don't like that the character just flat our says she is Bi. I wish I could've learned it in another way. It seems so weird to me.
Sounds like my kind of story, I might have to check it out. Your complaints are very valid though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Sounds like my kind of story, I might have to check it out. Your complaints are very valid though.
I'm sure if I read it later on I'll speed through the book just know I won't be a massive fan of the writing unless I'm genuinely in the mood for something where I don't have to focus too much.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
One by one... I like it 😏
So...starts off with 5 page chapter that isn't really a chapter? It basically is a business website introducing what I assume is all the characters who are all business partners (some of them exes of each other) then the last part of the chapter is an article talking about how another avalanche happened in a specific area and 4 people are dead who were trapped in a ski resort during the avalanche and that it is suspected to be a murder.

I like Ruth Ware's writing but this is a good way to pique my interest tbh.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
So...starts off with 5 page chapter that isn't really a chapter? It basically is a business website introducing what I assume is all the characters who are all business partners (some of them exes of each other) then the last part of the chapter is an article talking about how another avalanche happened in a specific area and 4 people are dead who were trapped in a ski resort during the avalanche and that it is suspected to be a murder.

I like Ruth Ware's writing but this is a good way to pique my interest tbh.
Oh thats SMTH i wanna buy and read for sure
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Oh thats SMTH i wanna buy and read for sure
She only writes for this genre so she's not half bad at it but I've heard mixed things about this one. So fingers crossed.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: seungfloral

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread