News (G)I-DLE Criticized For Kissing Each Other On Stage (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Wow! Seriously? People are complaining about kiss on cheeks?

(G)I-DLE Criticized For Kissing Each Other On Stage
(G)I-DLE recently took the number one win during ‘The Show’ with their single ‘Uh-Oh’, and decided to celebrate in a way that made some people uncomfortable.

Because of a promise that the girl group members made to fans, they began to kiss each other in celebration. Each member began to give a small peck on the cheeks to each other one by one.

gidle
Osen
gidle gifgidle gifgidle gif

(G)I-DLE were soon bombarded with homophobic criticisms from some South Korean netizens.

But of course, fans didn’t care as they left comments of support and encouragement for their number one win.




Embedded video



158 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy





Embedded video


 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
That's bit weird thing to get angry about, I was expecting full lips-on-lips kisses from the title, don't idols play fanservicey games all the time like eating pockies and lips almost locking or that paper kissing game, this is even tamer than both of those
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I'm not surprised. People flipped on Bae Doona for posting a picture of her filming at Pride.

The tiniest things send homophobes tail spinning.
Didn't Bae Doona play a role in Sense8 and A Girl at my door? Sense8 was a netflix original which had lgbt characters and she played a lesbian in 'A girl at my door'.

Yeah, I don't get it, they always want to get involved in our lives when it doesn't even concern them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and QueenB
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Didn't Bae Doona play a role in Sense8 and A Girl at my door? Sense8 was a netflix original which had lgbt characters and she played a lesbian in 'A girl at my door'.

Yeah, I don't get it, they always want to get involved in our lives when it doesn't even concern them.
yep it was for sense8 filming she was criticized. They went to Pride in Brazil to film and she posted a photo and knetz got mad
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I think her agency has to apologize and stuff it was so stupid
No way! She and her agency shouldn't have to apologize for anything. It means that these people full of hate have won because it means that they won't let Bae Doona go to any more pride events.
It's so stupid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Not surprised about these homophobic reactions.
And idols are basically criticized for nothing.

I don’t think that double-standards have something to do with this and I am the first one to denounce it. Seventeen were also criticized in 2016 for their « gay behavior » by Netizens.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread