- Joined
- 21 February 2019
- Messages
- 8,353
- Reactions Received
- 27,110
- Location
- UK
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 528
- Fandom
- MY
- Gender
- Other
From her reply, she obviously got uncomfortable from that question. Its sad really.It looks like it to me.
I know you mean no harm but I would really appreciate if you referred to the person and not the group as whole. It's just Shindong, not the whole of Suju. I completely agree that he took the 'joke' too far though. It's disappointing.Super Junior at it again. It was not funny at all and unnecessary. Shuhua is not at ease with her Korean.
Shindong is not the only member that I consider problematic in Suju but I agree with you. Some members are very unproblematic.I know you mean no harm but I would really appreciate if you referred to the person and not the group as whole. It's just Shindong, not the whole of Suju. I completely agree that he took the 'joke' too far though. It's disappointing.
While I do agree with you to some extent, I still think this type of thing is Xenophobic.I don't know if commenting on someone's skills at language xenophobic per say? More like rude and dismissive. Or I mean it can be xenophobic if you are bashing someones accent or not letting them speak, or even refusing to speak to them back, but from the clip it does just seem bit rude, like it's snarky comment.
I agree, but I don't think commenting on someone's language skills is necessary xenophobic although it might be. I mean speaking foreign language is skill and you can be different levels of good at it and you might get criticised for your lack of skills or praised for ur skills. Similar as another skill like drawing or swimming. But I guess what can make it xenophobic is reason why someone would comment on your language skills and them being bad? For example someone refusing to speak with you cause you don't sound like native speaker does and they don't like ur accent? That would be xenophobic to me.While I do agree with you to some extent, I still think this type of thing is Xenophobic.
Being Xenophobic and being a Xenophobe are two different things.
While they may not actually be Xenophobic, to me, they were still being Xenophobic.
It's like if you are being racist, it's different from you actually are a racist.
Or if you are being homophobic, it's again different to you actually are a homophobe.
Same with Sexism, etc.
So, maybe these guys were just being Xenophobic without realising it, but it still looked like it hurt her.
I agree with you.I agree, but I don't think commenting on someone's language skills is necessary xenophobic although it might be. I mean speaking foreign language is skill and you can be different levels of good at it and you might get criticised for your lack of skills or praised for ur skills. Similar as another skill like drawing or swimming. But I guess what can make it xenophobic is reason why someone would comment on your language skills and them being bad? For example someone refusing to speak with you cause you don't sound like native speaker does and they don't like ur accent? That would be xenophobic to me.