(G)I-dle Yuqi going down a zipline to another building with minimum protective gear and no helmet. (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well i doubt it's more dangerous than bungee jumping. Unless they aren't checking the equipment etc. But I don't see how helmet would help or protective gear, I mean what is important is proper ropes and harness?
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well i doubt it's more dangerous than bungee jumping. Unless they aren't checking the equipment etc. But I don't see how helmet would help or protective gear, I mean what is important is proper ropes and harness?
That is true, but I think it's the fact people are saying if just one thing went wrong, it could be fatal, though I do agree with you.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
That is true, but I think it's the fact people are saying if just one thing went wrong, it could be fatal, though I do agree with you.
I guess, but people do ziplines, bungee jumping and other extreme sports all the time. I don't think there is anything inherently bad about them. Only issue is that if ropes and harnesses aren't proper and checked regularly, ofc the safety measures need to be really strict with things like that. But often i see people thinking how idols shouldn't do anything athletic cause they can get hurt, but like do they really want them to just stand and look pretty then.. :susPepe:
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess, but people do ziplines, bungee jumping and other extreme sports all the time. I don't think there is anything inherently bad about them. Only issue is that if ropes and harnesses aren't proper and checked regularly, ofc the safety measures need to be really strict with things like that. But often i see people thinking how idols shouldn't do anything athletic cause they can get hurt, but like do they really want them to just stand and look pretty then.. :susPepe:
Well, at least she and the other girl got to the other end safely.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
She's ziplining what are they expecting? That if she falls she can go head first into the ground with a helmet? I don't see how that would have protected her from that height.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male

I think it's more the whole show's safety n danger prevention/protection for the participants are (Edit:)uncertainlacking. Even tho I'm not sure they responsible for his death without investigation/autopsy, the fact he reportedly did 17hrs straight is worrying. He could possibly hv died of underlying causes but if sth happened to Yuqi, it would be sus n too late even if the show/producers got hella consequences later. As it is I'm skeptical the actor who died would get an objective investigation/recompense as the stunt woman who died/injured filming Deadpool.
She n others shd be protected n able to be safe n if not withdraw or negotiate for better safety protective/preventive measures.
 
Last edited:

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
I think it's the fact that the zip line company has poor conditions and someone has already died.
Yeah but where is it coming from? We can criticise Korea because we know what is considered the standard for shows there, do we know what is considered the standard for Chinese shows? That guy collapsed so if it was in any way the shows fault then he died from exhaustion which even then likely indicates a bad schedule already and why I wonder if it's a problem for this show specifically or Chinese shows in general.
 
Joined
9 October 2019
Messages
437
Reactions Received
1,568
Location
Italy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I could never do something like that, lmao.

I wouldn't make such a fuss about the gear that she wasn't wearing, more like if the show is really safe as a whole to begin with. Nothing happened this time and I'm thankful for it, but I just hope the company is taking all the proper precautions to avoid any accident that can be avoided.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Yeah but where is it coming from? We can criticise Korea because we know what is considered the standard for shows there, do we know what is considered the standard for Chinese shows? That guy collapsed so if it was in any way the shows fault then he died from exhaustion which even then likely indicates a bad schedule already and why I wonder if it's a problem for this show specifically or Chinese shows in general.
From reports n eye-witness, he was up/filming at/from 8:30am n was awake or filming the next 17hrs, he died/collapsed at 1:45am the following morning.
I think fans reacted badly after news of his death slowly filtered out. We don't want our idols subjected to such bad conditions.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
From reports n eye-witness, he was up/filming at/from 8:30am n was awake or filming the next 17hrs, he died/collapsed at 1:45am the following morning.
I think fans reacted badly after news of his death slowly filtered out. We don't want our idols subjected to such bad conditions.
I get that but you have to go after the right thing, this show could very well be just a piss poor excuse of a show however I don't feel like I am in a position to go after the show specifically because I don't know whether Chinese variety shows just have poor conditions overall.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I get that but you have to go after the right thing, this show could very well be just a piss poor excuse of a show however I don't feel like I am in a position to go after the show specifically because I don't know whether Chinese variety shows just have poor conditions overall.
Lucas of Wayv, I read, also has appeared on this show n was exhausted on it. If they treat or ask Lucas n Godfrey who are different aged n fitness level basically the same, Yuqi n other k-idols should not be on this show or similar unless their fitness level is better than Lucas. I don't think its about the quality/standard of China variety shows, just their treatment of participants n whether the participants know wat they're in for. Idk anything abt this show.
Buyer Beware, participants shd hv an idea wat they're I need for if they r on this show.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Lucas of Wayv, I read, also has appeared on this show n was exhausted on it. If they treat or ask Lucas n Godfrey who are different aged n fitness level basically the same, Yuqi n other k-idols should not be on this show or similar unless their fitness level is better than Lucas. I don't think its about the quality/standard of China variety shows, just their treatment of participants n whether the participants know wat they're in for. Idk anything abt this show.
Buyer Beware, participants shd hv an idea wat they're I need for if they r on this show.
I don't agree with treating them specifically different based on aged or fitness, i'd simple just tell them what they are filming next and ask them if they need some time to recuperate. That's what I am saying though that I don't know enough about Chinese shows to know whether the treatment Gao got t was normal for them so Chinese variety shows are responsible or whether this show is just an outlier and should just be shut down.

You could stop Yuqi going to this specific show but if other Chinese variety shows have this same kind of mentality then it won't solve this problem, you just cut off one of the ways to be exposed to it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread