Appreciation Gahyeon taking someone's LGBTQ flag... (1 Viewer)

Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I just seen this message from one of the comments:
_honeysuga
OMIGOSH YAYYY ANOTHER VIDEO OF MY FLAG!! I WAS THE ONE WHO DID A FAN PROJECT WHERE I OFFERED MY FLAG TO FELLOW INSOMNIAS TO SIGN IT AS WELL AS WRITE A SMALL MESSAGE!! Their staff didn't let them pose with it though and Yoohyeon apologized to us. They were so amazing 😭💖 I miss them so much 😭😭😭💞💞💞

Also this message:
lauratewari
She had to take it off stage pretty much straight away 😔

Why wouldn't the staff let them pose with it?
 
Last edited:

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I just seen this message from one of the comments:
_honeysuga
OMIGOSH YAYYY ANOTHER VIDEO OF MY FLAG!! I WAS THE ONE WHO DID A FAN PROJECT WHERE I OFFERED MY FLAG TO FELLOW INSOMNIAS TO SIGN IT AS WELL AS WRITE A SMALL MESSAGE!! Their staff didn't let them pose with it though and Yoohyeon apologized to us. They were so amazing 😭💖 I miss them so much 😭😭😭💞💞💞

Why wouldn't the staff let them pose with it?
Maybe they were afraid of it circulating and it affecting Dreamcatcher, could be something else but that is the only reason that jumps out at me.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Maybe they were afraid of it circulating and it affecting Dreamcatcher, could be something else but that is the only reason that jumps out at me.
Maybe but I would find that type of action a bit weird, especially since they don't change the gender pronouns of songs sung by Men aimed at Women.
Now I get why she went 'Shhh' when she was taking it, but she still took it! :maheart:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Maybe but I would find that type of action a bit weird, especially since they don't change the gender pronouns of songs sung by Men aimed at Women.
But now I get why she went 'Shhh' when she was taking it.
Well I think the gender pronouns can just be seen as being inclusive where as the fear here i'd have to guess would be people thinking Dreamcatcher are that way inclined. I don't even know if this stuff gets picked up by Korea though as there have been a couple now and there really hasn't been anything that'd mean it causes a commotion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yoohyeon and yeji
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Probably because South Korea is still for the most part against gay marriage and the LGBTQ community in general.
However what we’re seeing is the new generation of idols and younger members of the public in general more supportive of them. Baby steps are being taken, but they’re going in the right on direction. Good on Gahyeon and the other members to show their support :pepelgbt:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I'm being hopeful, but maybe it had more to do with messages, other than the flag itself.

The DC members have been supportive of LGBT, so it would be strange if the staff want to avoid the image of the flag.

However, with many people taking images of the flag with messages on it, who knows what people wrote. There could have been political messages etc.

So staff probably just wanted the flag away to make sure DC weren't showing something that was too much etc.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm being hopeful, but maybe it had more to do with messages, other than the flag itself.

The DC members have been supportive of LGBT, so it would be strange if the staff want to avoid the image of the flag.

However, with many people taking images of the flag with messages on it, who knows what people wrote. There could have been political messages etc.

So staff probably just wanted the flag away to make sure DC weren't showing something that was too much etc.
That's a very good point. I hope it was something like that and not the staff being against it.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Well, I have added her here! :maheart:
She's so awesome! I think we should make a Gahyeon appreciation thread like I did in AKP :haylul:
Ohh I remember that one :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu:
we totally should
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ohh I remember that one :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu: :sakUwu:
we totally should
Yes, maybe in the artist thread as it may get lost in this section lol
We gone of topic a bit :haylul:
But I just watched the video again and it's like she's taking something from the cookie jar and trying to not get caught and then at the end of the video, it looks like she has been caught, do you see that?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yes, maybe in the artist thread as it may get lost in this section lol
We gone of topic a bit :haylul:
But I just watched the video again and it's like she's taking something from the cookie jar and trying to not get caught and then at the end of the video, it looks like she has been caught, do you see that?
in the dc one?
won't it get there lost??
yeah she does look like she has been chaught
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Probably because South Korea is still for the most part against gay marriage and the LGBTQ community in general.
However what we’re seeing is the new generation of idols and younger members of the public in general more supportive of them. Baby steps are being taken, but they’re going in the right on direction. Good on Gahyeon and the other members to show their support :pepelgbt:
I think with Korea the only thing stopping it is that the people against it have the most say as a lot of idols don't seem bothered so it seems like it is just a waiting game for people around the age of idols who aren't against it to get into the position where they have the most say.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yoohyeon and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: Yoohyeon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread