game of thrones final (where's the rant prefix + spoilers btw) (1 Viewer)

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
They made Jon such a non-factor in the final season until this episode I swear, this your MAIN FUCKING CHARACTER, HE IS THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, and he doesn't get to do a damn thing all season lol. They took away the Night King kill from him just because LolSwerveArya, they made him become a dumb extra in the battle in King's Landing and now R + L = J didn't even mean anything coz he fucks off north anyway :jisoosmh:

Can't fault the direction though, did you see the shot today where Dany dismounts from her dragon and she's walking with Drogon's wings spread behind her :sj_weary:
GOD that shot is amazing!!! i loved it so much it would've been great as like the first shot you see of dany's tyrannical reign...but no she dies 2 seconds later :kijoongstare:

jon's character was totally ruined :( he was supposed to be azor ahai. why did melisandre bring him back from the dead at all?! because his goal was to stab dany?!?! seriously?! when we've already established superspy faceless man arya stark can kill anyone. i can't believe ned died for this :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Lol I'm still wondering what's the purpose of the Night's Watch now :jisoosmh:
And like Jon isn't even at the Night's Watch, he just went North with all the freefolk :jisoosmh:

It's a shame coz the acting, direction, cinematography, music has all been top notch, but single handedly dragged down by the writing.
Jon is a rebel now, he’s gonna party and find a northern chick.

Exactly. Such a good show but they wasted everything now...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and arieam

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Btw they really gave Jon and Dany the scene that should've belonged to Cersei and Jaime :yolk:
imagine taking brienne's virginity just to realize you want to regress as a person and go back to your sister :nayeonisdone:
imagine only leaving kings landing at all to take brienne's virginity :taeminface:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Jon is a rebel now, he’s gonna party and find a northern chick.

Exactly. Such a good show but they wasted everything now...
Yes, screw the prequels, I actually want a Jon and Tormund adventures in the North spinoff :sj_weary:
Maybe he can go back to that cave with another hot northern chick now :icgyu:

Lol I'm at that point where I expected the finale to suck and it did, atleast we can all laugh together (and cry inside but that will pass) :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
GOD that shot is amazing!!! i loved it so much it would've been great as like the first shot you see of dany's tyrannical reign...but no she dies 2 seconds later :kijoongstare:

jon's character was totally ruined :( he was supposed to be azor ahai. why did melisandre bring him back from the dead at all?! because his goal was to stab dany?!?! seriously?! when we've already established superspy faceless man arya stark can kill anyone. i can't believe ned died for this :jisoosmh:
You know, episode wasn't half bad until Dany's death tbh, and all the shots of the ashes and snow falling around them made it look so great :sj_weary:
It's once Tyrion is brought in front of the Council that the fuckery starts and keeps getting worse lmao.

And yes, Idk why even build up Jon as this honorable, badass, warrior king over these years to make him say "You're muh queen" and 'I don't want it" all season :yolk:

imagine taking brienne's virginity just to realize you want to regress as a person and go back to your sister :nayeonisdone:
imagine only leaving kings landing at all to take brienne's virginity :taeminface:
"Never cared about innocents".
Yeah I'm calling BS on that one, he fucking killed the Mad King and chose to live a life of dishonor as the Kingslayer to save half a million people in King's Landing. Lost his hand for Brienne, rode North to fight the White Walkers, and then this :nayeonisdone:

Right, the only thing he did after coming North was sleep with Brienne wtf :jisoosmh:
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,079
Reactions Received
52,955
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,124
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
but i think you're ignoring the fact that hbo offered them more time to deal with this. grr martin asked them to do 10 seasons. d&d were set on 7 seasons but when they realized when working on the script for season 7 they needed more time they went to hbo and said we'll do 8. hbo said "we can give you more but fine if only one season we'll give you 10 episodes" d&d said "no we only want 6"

i think that really can't be the reason to write off their terrible writing. they didn't have a guide for season 5 and 6 but they were able to make season 6 spectacular. maybe not as good as seasons 1-4 but still really good!
I disagree w/GRRM here-he could tell/ask them to make 10 seasons cos he wasn't involved/responsible.
DnD were responsible for watever they signed up for, the weight of expectations on them-I don't blame them for doing wat they did to finish up even if u hate it n they ended it on their own terms. Better to be hated for this than to work ur ass off for longer n still be hated for it, tats just my guess tho. (I don't mean u personally here but the mass of audience they faced- i.e. the petition to remake season 8, idk wat fan reaction they faced b4 they decided to make 8 n 6 episodes for season 7 n 8.) the creative decision isn't purely creative, the budget n pressure n everything else, remember GRRM fled Hollywood b4 writing ASoIaF after writing/creating so many pilots n none being made/also that one series Doorways tats like ripped off by Sliders. Anyways, they decided to play in Hollywood playground, it's ur right to hate the last few seasons. (If I had hated the final season I might be less sanguine here.)

(OT:I waited like 30 years for finale to Thomas Covenant till now idk wat my full response is other than I need to read the whole series again but hvnt gotten to it, maybe even never. But first two series r still like my faves even if I never reread them. For now I'll just read his new series)
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam and Darkseid

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I disagree w/GRRM here-he could tell/ask them to make 10 seasons cos he wasn't involved/responsible.
DnD were responsible for watever they signed up for, the weight of expectations on them-I don't blame them for doing wat they did to finish up even if u hate it n they ended it on their own terms. Better to be hated for this than to work ur ass off for longer n still be hated for it, tats just my guess tho. (I don't mean u personally here but the mass of audience they faced- i.e. the petition to remake season 8, idk wat fan reaction they faced b4 they decided to make 8 n 6 episodes for season 7 n 8.) the creative decision isn't purely creative, the budget n pressure n everything else, remember GRRM fled Hollywood b4 writing ASoIaF after writing/creating so many pilots n none being made/also that one series Doorways tats like ripped off by Sliders. Anyways, they decided to play in Hollywood playground, it's ur right to hate the last few seasons. (If I had hated the final season I might be less sanguine here.)

(OT:I waited like 30 years for finale to Thomas Covenant till now idk wat my full response is other than I need to read the whole series again but hvnt gotten to it, maybe even never. But first two series r still like my faves even if I never reread them. For now I'll just read his new series)
he asked them to do 10 seasons because he thought that would've been the appropriate time to set up and have pay off everything he told them about books 6 and 7. hbo told d&d that they would give them whatever budget they wanted and however many seasons they needed. d&d said no. they revealed this in their inteview with entertainment weekly.

i think most people who are upset with season 8 are upset because of the drastic drop in quality in the writing because the show set the standards so high. most people who signed that petition also don't actually want d&d to rewrite the season, they just want them to acknowledge that fans are frustrated. i think they knew that whatever they did they would fall short, but i also think they knew that game of thrones might be the only way fans of the series would ever get a satisfying ending and so instead of fast tracking so much they should've tried to meet hbo and grrm in the middle instead. we knew grrm always intended the show to end on a bitter sweet note. i'm not even angry at the outcome, im angry that it makes no sense because they didn't set it up properly. season 8 is like having the battle of the blackwater, the red wedding, and the battle of castle black all in the span of 6 episodes!
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,079
Reactions Received
52,955
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,124
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
he asked them to do 10 seasons because he thought that would've been the appropriate time to set up and have pay off everything he told them about books 6 and 7. hbo told d&d that they would give them whatever budget they wanted and however many seasons they needed. d&d said no. they revealed this in their inteview with entertainment weekly.

i think most people who are upset with season 8 are upset because of the drastic drop in quality in the writing because the show set the standards so high. most people who signed that petition also don't actually want d&d to rewrite the season, they just want them to acknowledge that fans are frustrated. i think they knew that whatever they did they would fall short, but i also think they knew that game of thrones might be the only way fans of the series would ever get a satisfying ending and so instead of fast tracking so much they should've tried to meet hbo and grrm in the middle instead. we knew grrm always intended the show to end on a bitter sweet note. i'm not even angry at the outcome, im angry that it makes no sense because they didn't set it up properly. season 8 is like having the battle of the blackwater, the red wedding, and the battle of castle black all in the span of 6 episodes!
We kinda agree on so much, just tat we disagree on the result-I was satisfied by the last season. Many here weren't, if I hated GoT ending like I did Lost n BSG-I would probably react as u guys do.
So I'm out of talking points, I see where ur coming from but bcos I was satisfied by the ending-we disagree. Thnx for this forum being the best, we can be civil. (I've read a lot worse in the last week before this episode even came out; I dread going to my regular sf/media websites to read the reactions out there, even westeros.org-idk wat consensus on final season is.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Oh also after the Starbucks thing, it's time for Watergate lol this show in this season istg :jisoosmh:

 
  • Haha
Reactions: arieam

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
We kinda agree on so much, just tat we disagree on the result-I was satisfied by the last season. Many here weren't, if I hated GoT ending like I did Lost n BSG-I would probably react as u guys do.
So I'm out of talking points, I see where ur coming from but bcos I was satisfied by the ending-we disagree. Thnx for this forum being the best, we can be civil. (I've read a lot worse in the last week before this episode even came out; I dread going to my regular sf/media websites to read the reactions out there, even westeros.org-idk wat consensus on final season is.)
true! honestly i wouldn't care so much if grrm showed any signs of releasing the books any time soon :umjicry: so this might be the only thing we get.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread