[genuine question from an f(x) newbie] why is "cult" ticked off in the album cover for pink tape? (1 Viewer)

Joined
23 July 2019
Messages
106
Reactions Received
462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
r.i.p. sulli. i just wanted to make clear that i know of her death and it is so, so, so tragic. but i do agree with others who say that appreciating her music is one way of honoring her, so i looked into some of her songs and the ones from f(x)'s pink tape are so amazing.

this is just a simple question. do longtime f(x) fans know why the "cult" box in the genre section of the pink tape album cover is checked off?



i googled it but could find nothing as to how it's relevant to the concept. is this just random?
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Cult classic...?
Since all of the above are film genres

Or it could be one of the Illuminati X SM hints idk
 
Joined
23 July 2019
Messages
106
Reactions Received
462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Cult classic...?
Since all of the above are film genres

Or it could be one of the Illuminati X SM hints idk
the cult classic thing makes sense. i just thought it was related to an album concept or something, like how red velvet's peek-a-boo literally features a fictional cult in the mv. but i don't like conspiracy theories, so idk about the illuminati thing :pikadab:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
the cult classic thing makes sense. i just thought it was related to an album concept or something, like how red velvet's peek-a-boo literally features a fictional cult in the mv. but i don't like conspiracy theories, so idk about the illuminati thing :pikadab:
Since recent tragedy, people have been going back and connecting a lot of weird things that sm idols have done (mainly f(x)) to the Illuminati. Album covers, hand gestures, song lyrics etc
In any other circumstance it'd be funny, but people are trying say SM sacrificed their artists for fame
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drew_B and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think it‘s really about genres.
 

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Since recent tragedy, people have been going back and connecting a lot of weird things that sm idols have done (mainly f(x)) to the Illuminati. Album covers, hand gestures, song lyrics etc
In any other circumstance it'd be funny, but people are trying say SM sacrificed their artists for fame
As an f(x) die hard fan I could write a book on how much illuminati references there are in everything f(x) related.

But the cult checkmark box on Pink Tape isn't related to anything unusual.

I feel it's just a reference to f(x) in general being an experimental group who have a lot of antis because of that. When I first got into kPop I was shocked at how many people didn't like f(x) cause their sound was so different from the norm.
 
Joined
23 July 2019
Messages
106
Reactions Received
462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
As an f(x) die hard fan I could write a book on how much illuminati references there are in everything f(x) related.

But the cult checkmark box on Pink Tape isn't related to anything unusual.

I feel it's just a reference to f(x) in general being an experimental group who have a lot of antis because of that. When I first got into kPop I was shocked at how many people didn't like f(x) cause their sound was so different from the norm.
My only problem with this conceit is probably that I don't believe in Illuminati things. I used to, but now I've realized I find them ridiculous, and probably won't ever believe in them again. Don't get me wrong: Entertainment industries are absolutely messed up, but that's more due to human corporate greed and evil than supernatural fuckery IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drew_B

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
My only problem with this conceit is probably that I don't believe in Illuminati things. I used to, but now I've realized I find them ridiculous, and probably won't ever believe in them again. Don't get me wrong: Entertainment industries are absolutely messed up, but that's more due to human corporate greed and evil than supernatural fuckery IMO.
The Illuminati and SMs connection to it is probably not real but they like people to think it is.

Anything to keep people talking about them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread