- Joined
- 26 November 2018
- Messages
- 4,274
- Reactions Received
- 21,574
- Location
- Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 348
Trigger warning for anyone who doesn't want to read about depression or suicidal thoughts.
A year ago today, I was in a really bad mental place. I had dealt with anxiety and depression a lot but it was slowly getting worse. One day it's like I snapped and everything just crumbled down. It was the absolute worst feeling of depression I had ever had and it was the first time I seriously considered suicide.
I left work early, sat at home and kept coming close to swallowing a whole pill bottle with alcohol. Somehow I managed not to and had enough sense to go to the hospital. I was admitted to the psych ward and hospitalized for 8 days. After release I did a month of full time therapy, felt better, and stopped.
Fast forward to October and it started coming back. Luckily I convinced myself to go back to the doctor and continue medicine and therapy.
I just wanted to make a thread to tell anyone who's in a terrible place that it does get better; it sounds cheesy but it's true. It gets so much better and, while I still struggle with my fair share of things like everyone else, I'm so incredibly happy that I didn't end my life a year ago.
If you ever get to that point, PLEASE get help. It's worth it to fight through the hard times.
A year ago today, I was in a really bad mental place. I had dealt with anxiety and depression a lot but it was slowly getting worse. One day it's like I snapped and everything just crumbled down. It was the absolute worst feeling of depression I had ever had and it was the first time I seriously considered suicide.
I left work early, sat at home and kept coming close to swallowing a whole pill bottle with alcohol. Somehow I managed not to and had enough sense to go to the hospital. I was admitted to the psych ward and hospitalized for 8 days. After release I did a month of full time therapy, felt better, and stopped.
Fast forward to October and it started coming back. Luckily I convinced myself to go back to the doctor and continue medicine and therapy.
I just wanted to make a thread to tell anyone who's in a terrible place that it does get better; it sounds cheesy but it's true. It gets so much better and, while I still struggle with my fair share of things like everyone else, I'm so incredibly happy that I didn't end my life a year ago.
If you ever get to that point, PLEASE get help. It's worth it to fight through the hard times.