COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News GIRLKIND XJR’s mini album to be worked on by producers of BTS, Rihanna, and Justin Bieber’s music. (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship

"Girl group GIRLKIND’s members Xeheun and Jikang will release their first mini album “Life is Diamond” on the 28th.

Xeheun, the leader of the five-member hip-hop girl group GIRLKIND, and Jikang, who is the main rapper, will unveil new and unconventional concepts through their first mini album "Life is Diamond" on Friday.

Meanwhile, GIRLKIND’s agency Next Level Entertainment on the 17th unveiled the debut plan of GIRLKIND XJR through its official SNS.

Under the debut plan, two music videos are scheduled to be released on Aug. 28 and Sept. 10, respectively, raising expectations from fans who have been waiting for GIRLKIND.

Xeheun and Jikang are trying to show they’re growing as performance artists by participating in all five mini-album songs by writing and composing songs. The mini-album's title track "MONEY TALK" is being produced by singer Rihanna's producer Young Danny Beat, completing a more refined musical color, according to the agency.

Notably, Krista Youngs, a composer who participated in BTS' latest album MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA, which entered the main album chart for 17 consecutive weeks on "Billboard 200," participated in the title track "MONEY TALK" by GIRLKIND XJR, raising public curiosity about the GIRLKIND unit mini album.

Also, singer Justin Bieber's engineering director, Benny Steele, participated in the music mix and mastering, adding to the song's perfection.

GIRLKIND, a first-year girl group that has built a high profile overseas, is ranked among the girl group TOP 10, the most followers among K-pop rookie girl groups, which debuted in 2018/2019, on the world's largest music service site Spotify, and is increasing its international profile.

Prior to the debut of the GIRLKIND unit, GIRLKIND will begin its national tour pre-promotion performances today, starting with Gwangju, Jeolla Province, on August 17 and then Kwangan-ri, Gyeongsang Province, and Pyeongchang, Gangwon Province. GIRLKIND says, "I hope it'll be a time to communicate with fans."

Meanwhile, the mini-album and music video of GIRLKIND‘s Unit GIRLKIND XJR will be released on various online music sites on the 28th."

Well I hope the 2 tracks end up good, 3-5 are their solo tracks which i don't really like so I hope the 2 MV songs are gonna be nice, altho that part in the article with top 10 GGs doesnt sound too true unless they mean solely on Spotify, don't really remember many female rookies of 2018 :susPepe:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
GIRLKIND, a first-year girl group that has built a high profile overseas, is ranked among the girl group TOP 10, the most followers among K-pop rookie girl groups, which debuted in 2018/2019, on the world's largest music service site Spotify, and is increasing its international profile.
:sanathink:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I love them but honestly I only really love Fancy until that. Let’s hope that things are going to work for them now.
yeah Fanci was a promising debut for their future but then they came out with S.O.R.R.Y and the bunch of meh solos, so I hope this unit works out cuz the 2 of them are really amazing dancers, JK's rap has been as good as it can be for their songs but Xeheun really improved on her vocals as well, if you compare this cover to her solo release

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
yeah Fanci was a promising debut for their future but then they came out with S.O.R.R.Y and the bunch of meh solos, so I hope this unit works out cuz the 2 of them are really amazing dancers, JK's rap has been as good as it can be for their songs but Xeheun really improved on her vocals as well, if you compare this cover to her solo release
Yes the improvement is here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread