Golden Disc Awards is a mess (1 Viewer)

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It's about different categories.
Apparently SHINee was supposed to win top fandom or something (via votes), Suju was 2nd and SNSD was 3rd. SNSD got the award.
Also Yesung had an OST and was nominated for the award, however they said last-minute he didn't debut as a solo-singer. The year before, Taeyeon won the category with an OST (before she debuted as a solo artist).
The last one I remember is a category for album I think? Suju was going to win that one as they had the highest sales but GDA said they couldn't win the same prize for a second time. There were a lot of artists before them who won the same award like 3 times in a row.

If you type Super Junior GDA 2010 there are multiple vids on this issue
Oh, wow. That's so unfair to Super Junior, if it's voting especially, then SHINee should have got it, right. I mean in that case it should be only transparent thing but seems not. And for the other awards, have they always had judging panel? It seems so shady, I just can't get around it. How can we know who's in the judging panel? And the highest album sales one, that's ridiculous, it shouldn't be a charity award that if someone sells too much again they won't get award because the second one sold less and should get it for missing out. Imagine the outrage if someone gave BTS's award to the next one in line because they've already got that award before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belgizen

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh, wow. That's so unfair to Super Junior, if it's voting especially, then SHINee should have got it, right. I mean in that case it should be only transparent thing but seems not. And for the other awards, have they always had judging panel? It seems so shady, I just can't get around it. How can we know who's in the judging panel? And the highest album sales one, that's ridiculous, it shouldn't be a charity award that if someone sells too much again they won't get award because the second one sold less and should get it for missing out. Imagine the outrage if someone gave BTS's award to the next one in line because they've already got that award before.
yea
I looked it up again and
- apparently the fandom award was given to the #1 and #2 with the most scores. So Suju would've gotten one but SHINee and SNSD got one.
- the album awards: there was a kind of album that didn't count (mini I think) yet they counted SNSD's mini's but not Suju's

There is even a fansite who filming Yesung who caught on camera how they were announcing the winners (SNSD) yet the spotlight was going towards Suju (right before that, a staff member whispered something and the members where visibly shaken).
People also saw other artists comforting them and Leeteuk was trying to hide his acceptance speech
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peach

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
yea
I looked it up again and
- apparently the fandom award was given to the #1 and #2 with the most scores. So Suju would've gotten one but SHINee and SNSD got one.
- the album awards: there was a kind of album that didn't count (mini I think) yet they counted SNSD's mini's but not Suju's

There is even a fansite who filming Yesung who caught on camera how they were announcing the winners (SNSD) yet the spotlight was going towards Suju (right before that, a staff member whispered something and the members where visibly shaken).
People also saw other artists comforting them and Leeteuk was trying to hide his acceptance speech
Wow, that's kind of trashy of them. At least now they make it clear that you aren't even eligible with an album that that has less than 6 new songs and doesn't include intros, outros, instrumentals and different versions of same songs but I feel like back then they didn't have these rules set because they thought they might get away with it? But even today I saw people asking why EXO didn't get bonsang, etc. I just think a lot of people have no clue how it works or they just accept it if it's not their group that's affected. I feel bad for SuJu though, they get dismissed all the time by newer fans. :l
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belgizen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread