(beware of 13 reasons why spoilers and my very annoying and messy rant)
so I've just started the fourth and final season of 13 reasons why.......
I heard about the book so long ago and tried to find it but couldn't, years later they made this show and I was so happy because the topics were so close to my heart even then and I related a lot, so yeah I was excited..
anyway, I've always had tons of problems with it all, but I did enjoy the first season (even though it made me feel so bad and super depressed)..... after that, things start going downhill at rapid speed.. the more time passes, the dumber it all gets and it's not just dumb, it's dangerous...... please don't claim to care about mentally ill people and that you're doing all this to start conversaion when it's just to make money, this show is not realistic at all, it's just crazy dramatic..... yes all these topics matter and deserve attention, ofc, but not like this.... this is not how it is, you're only making it all harder for ill people who are already so misunderstood......... it made me feel disappointed and angry. My words are probably all over the place because it's just too much and idk how to express myself, sorry.......
but okay, what I do like: the topics the show deals with (not how though), the soundtrack, some amazing actors, some really heartbreaking or cute/funny moments, that the characters are all imperfect people so I can relate to a lot of them in some ways (although some are really crappy people too......), I also like a lot of the clothes the characters wear (hey it's a valid thing lol) what I hate is the ridiculous and misleading mess it is, the fact that they use these things so many real people struggle with and pretty it up, make it nice and full of drama and sell it as entertainment. Not ok :/ too many damn fights, even at school, even the teachers I mean wth.. I have so many problems with it all........ I mean just the first episode of this last season now........ so Alex is now gay and goes to kiss Zach........ after Zach and him almost fall off a building for no reason........ or Jessica getting angry at Justin whom she is supposed to care for and love because for the first time in his life, he's doing well and she can't stand it W T F shouldn't you be happy for him and just let him go??? and ofc as always, a character doing well and being happy is just a build up for his death and tragic ending, so you feel worse and more sorry later.... (I saw a spoiler that Justin will die) there's also the whole nonsense and random examples like Alex being and looking perfectly fine after shooting himself in the head lolz........ or Zach suddenly having a secret relationship with Hannah that was clearly not meant to exist until they needed to make another season.. or the fact that Clay is literally going insane since season 2 and no one seems to really notice, care, or do much about it..... or how about the fact that parents are clueless idiots with no power over their children who basically play a very small role in it all.......
I mean okay it's my own fault for watching this all and no one is forcing me to but I just wanted to give it a chance and see how it ends since I originally cared for it all.. and yeah I hope for some sad and good moments that will make me feel something
ok sorry, I'm done for now *deep breath*
so I've just started the fourth and final season of 13 reasons why.......
I heard about the book so long ago and tried to find it but couldn't, years later they made this show and I was so happy because the topics were so close to my heart even then and I related a lot, so yeah I was excited..
anyway, I've always had tons of problems with it all, but I did enjoy the first season (even though it made me feel so bad and super depressed)..... after that, things start going downhill at rapid speed.. the more time passes, the dumber it all gets and it's not just dumb, it's dangerous...... please don't claim to care about mentally ill people and that you're doing all this to start conversaion when it's just to make money, this show is not realistic at all, it's just crazy dramatic..... yes all these topics matter and deserve attention, ofc, but not like this.... this is not how it is, you're only making it all harder for ill people who are already so misunderstood......... it made me feel disappointed and angry. My words are probably all over the place because it's just too much and idk how to express myself, sorry.......
but okay, what I do like: the topics the show deals with (not how though), the soundtrack, some amazing actors, some really heartbreaking or cute/funny moments, that the characters are all imperfect people so I can relate to a lot of them in some ways (although some are really crappy people too......), I also like a lot of the clothes the characters wear (hey it's a valid thing lol) what I hate is the ridiculous and misleading mess it is, the fact that they use these things so many real people struggle with and pretty it up, make it nice and full of drama and sell it as entertainment. Not ok :/ too many damn fights, even at school, even the teachers I mean wth.. I have so many problems with it all........ I mean just the first episode of this last season now........ so Alex is now gay and goes to kiss Zach........ after Zach and him almost fall off a building for no reason........ or Jessica getting angry at Justin whom she is supposed to care for and love because for the first time in his life, he's doing well and she can't stand it W T F shouldn't you be happy for him and just let him go??? and ofc as always, a character doing well and being happy is just a build up for his death and tragic ending, so you feel worse and more sorry later.... (I saw a spoiler that Justin will die) there's also the whole nonsense and random examples like Alex being and looking perfectly fine after shooting himself in the head lolz........ or Zach suddenly having a secret relationship with Hannah that was clearly not meant to exist until they needed to make another season.. or the fact that Clay is literally going insane since season 2 and no one seems to really notice, care, or do much about it..... or how about the fact that parents are clueless idiots with no power over their children who basically play a very small role in it all.......
I mean okay it's my own fault for watching this all and no one is forcing me to but I just wanted to give it a chance and see how it ends since I originally cared for it all.. and yeah I hope for some sad and good moments that will make me feel something
ok sorry, I'm done for now *deep breath*