Guesses on new nct unit!!! (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ok all we know it will be larger than nct 127 - 10 so minimum 11...
but they said the largest nct unit sooo im honestly thinking above 15 members tbh
as they don't plan to go any bigger than this unit again..


And this unit focus will be not Korea or China
my guess...

we currently have
4 Korean
2 Chinese
1 Japanese
--
1 Taiwanese?
[i think there a chance for a wayv member to join due to how large this group going to be
i think most likely yangyang due to European ties and explains why he is learning German ]


all the new members apart from maybe 1 korean
will be = Japanese or western
+some south east asian << most likely with a connection to china

I think david jassenn maybe in line up due to being 12 now [13 Korean age] and will be 14 korean age on new years
and 13 western age next july depending when they debut also he maybe a late add on..
plus he is a clear future nct member due to stuff he has posted
[he will be the first white mixed member]

@NCTzen
nct new unit.jpg
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Wait a minute.... there is a boy born in 2008??? He is literally 12???? That´s a mistake, right?
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Wait a minute.... there is a boy born in 2008??? He is literally 12???? That´s a mistake, right?
Every year SM holds a child modelling competition where the winners get modelling contracts and the chance to become a trainee once they are old enough the David kid was one of the winners a few years back. We think that he's probably gonna transition into becoming a trainee because he's a big NCT fan and his mum always posts videos of him rapping and dancing.

I very much doubt SM will debut him anytime soon though it'll be another three year AT LEAST!
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Every year SM holds a child modelling competition where the winners get modelling contracts and the chance to become a trainee once they are old enough the David kid was one of the winners a few years back. We think that he's probably gonna transition into becoming a trainee because he's a big NCT fan and his mum always posts videos of him rapping and dancing.

I very much doubt SM will debut him anytime soon though it'll be another three year AT LEAST!
OH my! Thanks God. I mean, I know that some of the idols became trainees at 13 etc. I was afraid he was really gonna debut :D. That would be incredibly weird and uncomfortable! Thank you for clarifying it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I depends what they mean when they say they are debut a "huge unit" are they talking about size? Scale? Popularity?

My personal bets are NCT USA, NCT Japan or expanding NCT China...
I pretty certain they talking about size as they talked about nct forever expanding before they mention this

and i dont think they would degrade 127

my guess it will be a koren based unit
but be classed as the "worldwide" unit
as they mentioned so many places
so styles will change constanly ... and will end up sticking to something

im expecting another 14 year old like jisung to join as this will be all the dreamies i feel who didnt enter nct dream
[[[as they will be the ages sm would of wanted to add them now as jisung is soon graduation age]]

i feel like sungchan would of been marks replacement if the orginal reaction wasnt bad
as mark left 2 years ago and sungchan been in sm 2 years now ... also a rapper
[[he also would be leaving dream next year so he would of been in dream for 3 years]
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
OH my! Thanks God. I mean, I know that some of the idols became trainees at 13 etc. I was afraid he was really gonna debut :D. That would be incredibly weird and uncomfortable! Thank you for clarifying it!
but jisung debuted at 14
and did rookie tv show stuff at 13
and david will be 13 next year and 14/15 korean age next year

so it is possible if the unit debuts after his birthday
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
but jisung debuted at 14
and did rookie tv show stuff at 13
and david will be 13 next year and 14/15 korean age next year

so it is possible if the unit debuts after his birthday
I had not listened to NCT when Jisung was 14, so I can´t judge, but if they let a 14-year-old boy debut with a group of young men. I´m out. That´s just weird to me. It´s not like my opinion matters. I´m just a bit disappointed where they are heading. That´s all.

On the other hand, they have many young fans so good for them that they will finally have a dream boyfriend in their age! I´m sure he is very talented.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
More.... Nct?

There's.... There's already... So... Many......

:pepeslippy:
well its a forever expanding group...
what been around since 2016... 4 years and only added = lucas, kun, jungwoo, sungchan, shotaro.. only added 5 people since debut

and tbh does kun count on that as he did all the Chinese songs for nct u vocals...
he just wasnt "in" the group but everyone knew him
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I had not listened to NCT when Jisung was 14, so I can´t judge, but if they let a 14-year-old boy debut with a group of young men. I´m out. That´s just weird to me. It´s not like my opinion matters. I´m just a bit disappointed where they are heading. That´s all.

On the other hand, they have many young fans so good for them that they will finally have a dream boyfriend in their age! I´m sure he is very talented.
ummm nct dream used to be cute concept... aka child like
why you disappointed... kids are in every inch of the media
tv shows... films... musicals... singers... etc
alll of dream was young..
mark 16 renjun jeno haechan jaemin 15 chenle jisung 14


plus there age gap will be nothing compared to other groups [6 year age gap is nothing]
red velvet age gap is 8 years 2ne1 had 10 years etc etc

plus there 6 year gap between taeil and haechan and haechan was 15 when 127 debuted
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
ummm nct dream used to be cute concept... aka child like
why you disappointed... kids are in every inch of the media
tv shows... films... musicals... singers... etc
alll of dream was young..
mark 16 renjun jeno haechan jaemin 15 chenle jisung 14


plus there age gap will be nothing compared to other groups [6 year age gap is nothing]
red velvet age gap is 8 years 2ne1 had 10 years etc etc

plus there 6 year gap between taeil and haechan and haechan was 15 when 127 debuted
Again, I wouldn´t stan 16-year-old kids so I´m not going to argue on that.
Age difference is all cool the older you are. I don´t think it is a big deal when someone is 29 and someone is 25 because despite those 4 years of life experience they are psychologically on the same level.

A 14-year-old boy is not on the line with someone who is 20 or even 18 or 16. That´s just not how psychology works and they should take that in consideration. Also is he supposed to work as hard as his older colleagues? Sure, they were all teenagers and some of them are still close to his age, but being 14 and being 18 IS WAY DIFFERENT than being 24 and 20.

It is irrelevant to this, but since you have mentioned Dreamies, they are all cool, but they are not my favourites.
But again, to each their own. I´m just going into a bigger detail why I feel disappointed.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Again, I wouldn´t stan 16-year-old kids so I´m not going to argue on that.
Age difference is all cool the older you are. I don´t think it is a big deal when someone is 29 and someone is 25 because despite those 4 years of life experience they are psychologically on the same level.

A 14-year-old boy is not on the line with someone who is 20 or even 18 or 16. That´s just not how psychology works and they should take that in consideration. Also is he supposed to work as hard as his older colleagues? Sure, they were all teenagers and some of them are still close to his age, but being 14 and being 18 IS WAY DIFFERENT than being 24 and 20.

It is irrelevant to this, but since you have mentioned Dreamies, they are all cool, but they are not my favourites.
But again, to each their own. I´m just going into a bigger detail why I feel disappointed.
so you dont like many new groups then as alot debut with 18 to 15 ages i guess
age doesnt bother me as i dont look at idols "sexually" unless they are older than me so no new groups..
i see jisung as a baby but a talented baby and i can enjoy music without having to think anything else

and i dont see the issue with kids joining the industry as a kid going into musicals full time like billy Elliot have it alot harder and they end up fine i.e tom Holland played billy when he was little [[you have to be 10 to 13 to play billy]]
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
so you dont like many new groups then as alot debut with 18 to 15 ages i guess
age doesnt bother me as i dont look at idols "sexually" unless they are older than me so no new groups..
i see jisung as a baby but a talented baby and i can enjoy music without having to think anything else

and i dont see the issue with kids joining the industry as a kid going into musicals full time like billy Elliot have it alot harder and they end up fine i.e tom Holland played billy when he was little [[you have to be 10 to 13 to play billy]]
I don´t think you got my drift at all. I don´t look at them in any sexual way and to be honest, that comment of yours is kind of unnecessary. Just because I don´t like someone so young joining the Unit made you think about that connotation? Okay.

No, I don´t like many new groups, but that doesn´t have a lot to do with the age of the members. Simply the music and the style that is currently trendy.

If you see someone who is 18 as a baby, that might be a bit of a shame. He is certainly not a baby and I can imagine he might not like it. Didn´t we all hate to be called "babies" and "children" when we were 17 - 18 or even younger? :) We were rushing to grow up too fast. I can imagine Jisung might want to be taken seriously and it is a big shame that his fans are not allowing him that.

Tom Holland played Billy Elliot, yes, but he did a couple of plays and then took some rest from acting. Also the actors´union for American (and British) Actors is very strict that is why children usually have doubles or they employ twins. Children are allowed to work only a certain number of hours (I believe it is 4 hours per day). I don´t think that´s the thing for South Korea.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I don´t think you got my drift at all. I don´t look at them in any sexual way and to be honest, that comment of yours is kind of unnecessary. Just because I don´t like someone so young joining the Unit made you think about that connotation? Okay.

No, I don´t like many new groups, but that doesn´t have a lot to do with the age of the members. Simply the music and the style that is currently trendy.

If you see someone who is 18 as a baby, that might be a bit of a shame. He is certainly not a baby and I can imagine he might not like it. Didn´t we all hate to be called "babies" and "children" when we were 17 - 18 or even younger? :) We were rushing to grow up too fast. I can imagine Jisung might want to be taken seriously and it is a big shame that his fans are not allowing him that.

Tom Holland played Billy Elliot, yes, but he did a couple of plays and then took some rest from acting. Also the actors´union for American (and British) Actors is very strict that is why children usually have doubles or they employ twins. Children are allowed to work only a certain number of hours (I believe it is 4 hours per day). I don´t think that´s the thing for South Korea.
--- i wasnt sure what your issue is as your not making it clear at all so going off guesses and the whole idols being sexualized is common--

and im 25 with a kid on the way [who is east asian] so yes me personally see jisung as a baby and idols like bts age have older fans who see them as babys it just how it is...

and the musical is 3 hrs long plus training xD what he would do before the show and the training peroid before the shows even start last months and that is way more hard work than being a idol as the dance skill is extremely high
yes being a idol is hard but they do also get breaks if we use dream as a example since debut they have only had 5 albums 1 being a repackage for japan so technically 4 albums in 4 years... sm has been pretty good at not over working them as 127 has triple the amount of work as dream has never gone on a world tour and has only had a in korea tour when mark left in 2018


but guess we have different views
i personally did alot musicals when i was little and know there are risks but dont see the harm for a 14 year old
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
--- i wasnt sure what your issue is as your not making it clear at all so going off guesses and the whole idols being sexualized is common--

and im 25 with a kid on the way [who is east asian] so yes me personally see jisung as a baby and idols like bts age have older fans who see them as babys it just how it is...

and the musical is 3 hrs long plus training xD what he would do before the show and the training peroid before the shows even start last months and that is way more hard work than being a idol as the dance skill is extremely high
yes being a idol is hard but they do also get breaks if we use dream as a example since debut they have only had 5 albums 1 being a repackage for japan so technically 4 albums in 4 years... sm has been pretty good at not over working them as 127 has triple the amount of work as dream has never gone on a world tour and has only had a in korea tour when mark left in 2018


but guess we have different views
i personally did alot musicals when i was little and know there are risks but dont see the harm for a 14 year old
and you immediately assumed that I´m a paedophile without knowing me? sweet.

I´m 29 and somehow I manage not to see him as a baby. So it is not how it is. Stop generalising all their fans. Some fans might, some others don´t. But not letting people grow up is like saying "Tom Holland will forever be a 16-year-old Peter Parker and that´s it." It is just sad. It limits artists because how can they outgrow that role of a sweet, lovely child? This logic is exactly what causes fans the toxic idea of "idols should never marry or have girlfriends" because "they are our sweet, beautiful innocent babies". By that I don´t want to say you are one of these people. I hope you are not, I hope that is the extreme, but we both know that there are MANY MANY of these people.

I´ve done some googling and he didn´t train one month before :). He had had a training in hip hop dancing, acrobatics and started going to ballet classes 2 years prior his debut. He was slowly being prepared for musical career because someone had noticed his talent. The whole class was preparing for Billy as a part of their training. Also, he wasn´t THE ONLY Billy Elliot on stage or during those two years of the musical. There were various kids performing as the famous character:
Tom is the second from the left.

Again, the children are a part of Actor Unions and they work required hours. They DON´T perform daily and there are required hours they CAN train.
They are also required to complete their education by either having a tutor (they usually study 3-4 hours a day) or by attending school (which might have been the case for Tom?).

But don´t idols usually attend Art Schools? I think this might make the process a bit easier as their curriculum can be immediately individualised and they can probably train more and study less. Especially if they become successful. it still seems terribly exhausting, especially the younger they become popular.

I find it strange that for you an 18-year-old young man is a baby, but at the same time you think it is fine for a 14-year-old (who is 12 at this moment) to go and live an idol lifestyle. But it is your opinion. Let´s agree to disagree and wait for the official list of the new unit.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
and you immediately assumed that I´m a paedophile without knowing me? sweet.

I´m 29 and somehow I manage not to see him as a baby. So it is not how it is. Stop generalising all their fans. Some fans might, some others don´t. But not letting people grow up is like saying "Tom Holland will forever be a 16-year-old Peter Parker and that´s it." It is just sad. It limits artists because how can they outgrow that role of a sweet, lovely child? This logic is exactly what causes fans the toxic idea of "idols should never marry or have girlfriends" because "they are our sweet, beautiful innocent babies". By that I don´t want to say you are one of these people. I hope you are not, I hope that is the extreme, but we both know that there are MANY MANY of these people.

I´ve done some googling and he didn´t train one month before :). He had had a training in hip hop dancing, acrobatics and started going to ballet classes 2 years prior his debut. He was slowly being prepared for musical career because someone had noticed his talent. The whole class was preparing for Billy as a part of their training. Also, he wasn´t THE ONLY Billy Elliot on stage or during those two years of the musical. There were various kids performing as the famous character:
Tom is the second from the left.

Again, the children are a part of Actor Unions and they work required hours. They DON´T perform daily and there are required hours they CAN train.
They are also required to complete their education by either having a tutor (they usually study 3-4 hours a day) or by attending school (which might have been the case for Tom?).

But don´t idols usually attend Art Schools? I think this might make the process a bit easier as their curriculum can be immediately individualised and they can probably train more and study less. Especially if they become successful. it still seems terribly exhausting, especially the younger they become popular.

I find it strange that for you an 18-year-old young man is a baby, but at the same time you think it is fine for a 14-year-old (who is 12 at this moment) to go and live an idol lifestyle. But it is your opinion. Let´s agree to disagree and wait for the official list of the new unit.

I didnt assume you were a pedo -.- i said that your reason maybe due to the fear of a kid being sexualized aka the opposite

How saying what i view him as saying what other people view him as...
if i personally see him as a baby doesnt mean other do... i literally talk about my personal life so how did you confuse me with me saying the whole fandom views him the same way...

that photo is from the last billy performance when really old billys and current go on stage there is only 3 billys per round

no idols dont all attent art schools sm trainees do but not smaller companies etc

as i said also i dont see the issue due to how sm treated dream early on they barely did any work
what is most likely will be the outcome of this unit due to overlaps with dream
like 127 was prioties over dream so haechan and mark missed work...

but yeh we deffo wont agree
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I didnt assume you were a pedo -.- i said that your reason maybe due to the fear of a kid being sexualized aka the opposite

How saying what i view him as saying what other people view him as...
if i personally see him as a baby doesnt mean other do... i literally talk about my personal life so how did you confuse me with me saying the whole fandom views him the same way...

that photo is from the last billy performance when really old billys and current go on stage there is only 3 billys per round

no idols dont all attent art schools sm trainees do but not smaller companies etc

as i said also i dont see the issue due to how sm treated dream early on they barely did any work
what is most likely will be the outcome of this unit due to overlaps with dream
like 127 was prioties over dream so haechan and mark missed work...

but yeh we deffo wont agree
I was reacting to this quote of yours where you said FANS not I. idols like bts age have older fans who see them as babys it just how it is...
just to clear it out why I reacted to it the way I did.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I was reacting to this quote of yours where you said FANS not I. idols like bts age have older fans who see them as babys it just how it is...
just to clear it out why I reacted to it the way I did.
tbh alot fans do see jisung as a baby it kinda his whole thing and sm really plays on this i have a thread about this
and literally everyone saying they agree cause sm pushes him to be a baby
they have no intentions for him to be seen as a 18 year old

they have him playing with slime and kid toys
and babyed by other members

plus he is still a minor in korea aka a child until he is 21 so he will remain this way for a little longer
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread