Hallmark Reverses Decision After Originally Blocking Lesbian Ad (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I believe this was last month but only just seen it now. I don't know if anyone has heard of a conservative group called 'One Million Moms' because they are the ones who complained to Hallmark about taking the ad down.

Anyway, the ad was put back up after some public backlash I believe.

Here is the ad in question:


Here are a few articles and videos discussing it:



What do you think of this?
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I applaud them for making the decision to show it.
Quite some people are still against gay marriage so it's very courageous of them to do this whilst knowing they'll probs anger a big amount of their clients.
Kinda sad they pulled it at first but I'm glad they say screw you to those homophobes
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I applaud them for making the decision to show it.
Quite some people are still against gay marriage so it's very courageous of them to do this whilst knowing they'll probs anger a big amount of their clients.
Kinda sad they pulled it at first but I'm glad they say screw you to those homophobes
I think it's just sad that even in 2020, we are still fighting for equality for everyone.
I've heard that One Million Moms are now going to boycott Hallmark because of it, it's extremely sad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Belgizen

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it's just sad that even in 2020, we are still fighting for equality for everyone.
I've heard that One Million Moms are now going to boycott Hallmark because of it, it's extremely sad.
YEP
I've seen how people cancelled Oreo and Always because to celebrate Pride Month they changed their packages
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
YEP
I've seen how people cancelled Oreo and Always because to celebrate Pride Month they changed their packages
People need to mind their own business!
A good thing about this ad being reinstated though is that not so long ago, shows canceled lgbtq content from backlash from various conservative groups and they never put it back up, but now that this ad has been put back up, it shows that people are not backing down from those conservative groups anymore which I think is a great sign and I hope we can keep it up and say that we will not back down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Belgizen

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
equality is so important. glad this add was shown after all
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread