Happy first day of summer/winter! (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Welp, today marks the first day of summer here in the northern hemisphere. For those that live in the southern hemisphere, it should already have been winter for you. (Idk if it starts on a different day for y’all lol)

So my question is, what do guys like to do during this time of the year? Whether it’s summer or winter where you are, what is something that you enjoy doing? Since it’s summer where I live I usually stay indoors because I hate hot weather. But, once in a great while I like to go swimming to cool off. Or I’ll try to go for a walk if it isn’t too hot during the day.

Anyways, what do you guys like to do this time of the year?
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
What do I like to do this time of the year/in the summer?
Run and hide and dwell in the darkness of my A/C (it's hot AF out there, you know?)

I live in FL - where summer brings the feeling of Satan's armpit in both heat and humidity, ability to literally bake cookies on a sidewalk or in your car, melts plastic cones and other things just sitting there, giant mosquitos of doom that drive away the lovebugs for a brief few months, sunscreen that must be applied if outside for any length of time, multiple times over and over (because UV rays pretty much are always attacking you here), and where we jump in the lake despite the possibility of running into a friendly neighborhood gator just so you can momentarily escape the death rays of sweltering fury.

BUT.

I really love making deserts with fruits this time of year, cook out on the grill with family, and go to the pool in our community when I get the chance!
And I love the summer afternoon/evening storms that always happen.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
In the summer I really like to go camping and go out for walks. As long as it’s not scorching hot then I just stay inside.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
What do I like to do this time of the year/in the summer?
Run and hide and dwell in the darkness of my A/C (it's hot AF out there, you know?)

I live in FL - where summer brings the feeling of Satan's armpit in both heat and humidity, ability to literally bake cookies on a sidewalk or in your car, melts plastic cones and other things just sitting there, giant mosquitos of doom that drive away the lovebugs for a brief few months, sunscreen that must be applied if outside for any length of time, multiple times over and over (because UV rays pretty much are always attacking you here), and where we jump in the lake despite the possibility of running into a friendly neighborhood gator just so you can momentarily escape the death rays of sweltering fury.

BUT.

I really love making deserts with fruits this time of year, cook out on the grill with family, and go to the pool in our community when I get the chance!
And I love the summer afternoon/evening storms that always happen.
Oof. Summer sounds really brutal down there. I can’t stand the heat so that’s why I stay inside a lot. I prefer going outside at night in the summer since it’s not as warm and it feels a lot nicer. Unless if it’s still humid at night. That’s when I suffer even more. :nayeonisdone:

At least you enjoy making fruity desserts and spending time with your family. It sounds really nice. ^^
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Summer is my least fav season, I can't handle heat or strong sunlight due to a disease I had as a kid.. I intend to take a lot of cold showers and hide in the shade whenever I can to protect my vampire skin:welp:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
In the summer I really like to go camping and go out for walks. As long as it’s not scorching hot then I just stay inside.
Ive never gone camping, but going for walks sounds really nice. Especially if there’s a breeze. It makes it even more enjoyable.
If it’s too hot then I say inside too.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Summer is my least fav season, I can't handle heat or strong sunlight due to a disease I had as a kid.. I intend to take a lot of cold showers and hide in the shade whenever I can to protect my vampire skin:welp:
It’s probably my least favorite season, too. I hate feeling hot and sweaty. I’ll probably still have pale white skin by the end of summer as well. Especially since I hate laying out in the sun. :maheart:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Skinnny and kodoku

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I enjoy going for walks or spending time with my friends. I love eating ice cream and going on my bike for a ride around the park as well ^^

It's hardly ever sunny here anyway. After a week of sun, 2 weeks of rain normally follows... :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I enjoy going for walks or spending time with my friends. I love eating ice cream and going on my bike for a ride around the park as well ^^

It's hardly ever sunny here anyway. After a week of sun, 2 weeks of rain normally follows... :yolk:
It’s been raining here a lot lately, too. I’m surprised it isn’t even raining today. A bunch of farmers here don’t even have their crops growing because of it. :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
It’s been raining here a lot lately, too. I’m surprised it isn’t even raining today. A bunch of farmers here don’t even have their crops growing because of it. :yolk:
We had our fair share of rain last week. It rained nonstop and it caused floods everywhere. At least it's better now.

Those poor farmers must have lost an awful lot of crops that could have grown though. I hope the weather in your country gets better soon <3
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
We had our fair share of rain last week. It rained nonstop and it caused floods everywhere. At least it's better now.

Those poor farmers must have lost an awful lot of crops that could have grown though. I hope the weather in your country gets better soon <3
Yeah, I hope that the farmers can grow their crops again soon. It’s been raining at least 3-4 times a week here. This has been happening for a month already. :pepeslippy:
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread