COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor "Harry Potter" Reboot in the works, Radcliffe, Watson and Grint replaced by new actors, film to premiere in the next 3 to 5 years (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Harry Potter Film Reboot Rumored to Be in Development at Warner Bros.
A new rumor suggests that Warner Bros. is currently looking to reboot the Harry Potter film franchise from the very beginning.

According to Valliant Renegade and WDW Pro, Warner Bros. Discovery is seriously considering rebooting the Harry Potter franchise, which would involve the recasting of the franchise's iconic characters. While not a "done deal" at this stage, the alleged reboot would supposedly be a new adaptation of the first seven Harry Potter novels. "You're looking at that original cast: Harry, Hermione, Ron. New cast. Starting over."

During Warner Bros. Discovery's Q3 earnings call, Zaslav stated he would also be willing to collaborate with controversial author J.K. Rowling for more Harry Potter content in the future. However, several actors from the Wizarding World franchise, including Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, have stopped associating with the author following Rowling's anti-trans sentiments. Furthermore, video game developer Avalanche Studio denied her involvement in the creative process of the upcoming title Hogwarts Legacy.

What's Next for the Harry Potter Franchise?

Despite possibly continuing the OG franchise, Warner Bros. is not currently developing any additional films in the Fantastic Beasts prequel series. Fantastic Beasts was initially planned as a five-film series. However, the studio was reportedly debating giving films four and five the green light based on The Secrets of Dumbledore's box office performance. Released in April 2022, the third installment became the lowest-grossing film of the entire Wizarding World franchise.

-

probably the most unnecessary reboot ever, most people that grew with Harry Potter are still in their 20s to early 30s, not enough time for nostalgia to kick, like Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was released in 2011, the same year as the first Avengers, imagine if Marvel announced that they were rebooting the MCU to remade the Thanos saga again?

i think that if i was feeling nostalgic for some Wizarding World i would just watch the movies although there could be a potential reason for it

several actors from the Wizarding World franchise, including Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, have stopped associating with the author following Rowling's anti-trans sentiments
seems the original actors don't want to associate anymore with J.K Rowling

Exi

message @Nina for my discord <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck

Harry Potter Film Reboot Rumored to Be in Development at Warner Bros.
A new rumor suggests that Warner Bros. is currently looking to reboot the Harry Potter film franchise from the very beginning.

According to Valliant Renegade and WDW Pro, Warner Bros. Discovery is seriously considering rebooting the Harry Potter franchise, which would involve the recasting of the franchise's iconic characters. While not a "done deal" at this stage, the alleged reboot would supposedly be a new adaptation of the first seven Harry Potter novels. "You're looking at that original cast: Harry, Hermione, Ron. New cast. Starting over."

During Warner Bros. Discovery's Q3 earnings call, Zaslav stated he would also be willing to collaborate with controversial author J.K. Rowling for more Harry Potter content in the future. However, several actors from the Wizarding World franchise, including Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, have stopped associating with the author following Rowling's anti-trans sentiments. Furthermore, video game developer Avalanche Studio denied her involvement in the creative process of the upcoming title Hogwarts Legacy.

What's Next for the Harry Potter Franchise?

Despite possibly continuing the OG franchise, Warner Bros. is not currently developing any additional films in the Fantastic Beasts prequel series. Fantastic Beasts was initially planned as a five-film series. However, the studio was reportedly debating giving films four and five the green light based on The Secrets of Dumbledore's box office performance. Released in April 2022, the third installment became the lowest-grossing film of the entire Wizarding World franchise.

-

probably the most unnecessary reboot ever, most people that grew with Harry Potter are still in their 20s to early 30s, not enough time for nostalgia to kick, like Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was released in 2011, the same year as the first Avengers, imagine if Marvel announced that they were rebooting the MCU to remade the Thanos saga again?

i think that if i was feeling nostalgic for some Wizarding World i would just watch the movies although there could be a potential reason for it

seems the original actors don't want to associate anymore with J.K Rowling
OMG
@Ravenclaw @Hufflepuff @Slytherin @Gryffindor @Vikki @Wingfrost @dubudae @Tickita
ik the harry potter event is done but omgggggg
what do yall think of this?
:shockedcover: :shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover:

Reactions Received
Website
hurricanetort.carrd.co
KS Coins
OMG
@Ravenclaw @Hufflepuff @Slytherin @Gryffindor @Vikki @Wingfrost @dubudae @Tickita
:shockedcover: :shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover::shockedcover:
This might be a weird statement but I hope it follows exactly like the books. Not saying any book-to-movie adaptations aren’t like the book at all, just sometimes they add or delete a whole chapter *cough* LOTR and The Hobbit *cough THOUGH I DO LOVE THOSE MOVIES* but I do love all the book-to-movie adaptations.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
OMG
Look I would love to see another set of movies where they follow the book better than what we saw. But it's way too soon to start again. That was complete only last decade. Give it another 20 years?

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
OMG
It would completely ruin the original movie franchise imo. The cast were perfect for their rolls and it’s already been told so I don’t quite understand the point.
1672897610257.gif

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I haven't seen Harry Potter :yedone:
:leavingmind:
Time to hold a watch party with all of us HP folks :jenniesmug:
Honestly that would be so fun :excitedmarch:

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
It wouldn't be or feel the same.
We just have to wait and see.

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
Reactions Received
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
pointless cash grab... also rowling isn't seeing any cents from me.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-XWol
I watched the originals when I was younger because I grew up on the books. If this is true and actually happens (and also because of all the other stuff that has happened since) I won't be checking it out at all.

Good luck to those involved.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Harunator
As an avid Potterhead my wet dream is to have a HP TV series where they adapt every single detail on to the screen. Like, one chapter per episode, one season per book. But that should have been 20 years ago. A new cast? This makes me very skeptic. To me no one else other than Alan Rickman can play Snape. Or Gary Oldman as Sirius. Dan as Harry. No thanks.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
That wouldn't be the same.
I would not watch it unless it grabbed me with something in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread