Has this ever happened to you? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ok so I know it's like a conspiracy theory and shit but literally the day before yesterday I was talking to one of my friends.

We were talking about how one of our co-workers is gay and he really centers his entire personality on it and as a result I felt the need to say "Hey I'm bisexual" just to like demonstrate how it isn't something I talk about a lot and most people barely know I'm bi because it isn't this central thing to who I am as a person. It just represents who I am into on a sexual basis.

LITERALLY, a minute after I said that while we were having this conversation, my phone goes off and it says that "lgbtpride_nation has requested to follow you" on my Instagram notifications. To make it even more clear, I have been single all my life and literally have no images of lesbians or anything on my account. The only picture I have on my PRIVATE account that deals with the LGBT+ community is the photo I took in 2015 celebrating the legalization of gay marriage here.

So getting to the point-have you ever said something out loud and suddenly you get an ad for it or you get a random follower request from an account?
Also do you give any credence to the conspiracy theory that mentions your phones and computers recording you and listening to you in order to find ads and accounts for you?
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
Something similar happened to me, I was talking about how broken the table at my house was to a friend of mine and not even 2 minutes later, I get an ad for kitchen furniture.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Something similar happened to me, I was talking about how broken the table at my house was to a friend of mine and not even 2 minutes later, I get an ad for kitchen furniture.
SEE IT'S FRIGGIN WEIRD! It's also kind of scary, I mean I'm not out to my family and odds are I never will be just because of the mindset they have about the LGBT+ community but like I don't like that my phone knows and that instagram and probably other websites where others can see my activity know that I'm Bi.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
SEE IT'S FRIGGIN WEIRD! It's also kind of scary, I mean I'm not out to my family and odds are I never will be just because of the mindset they have about the LGBT+ community but like I don't like that my phone knows and that instagram and probably other websites where others can see my activity know that I'm Bi.
I’m bi as well and I have told my family, but I don’t post about it on my social media so that is strange.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I’m bi as well and I have told my family, but I don’t post about it on my social media so that is strange.
See I don't either but I'm nervous this might accidentally expose me.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
See I don't either but I'm nervous this might accidentally expose me.
I wonder how much more common this will become, with globalization and advanced technology.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I wonder how much more common this will become, with globalization and advanced technology.
I really wish they would chill to be honest
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think there actually was case of woman's samsung smart tv (i think it was this) recording what she was discussing with her friend in private about her feeling down and being deppressed lately and she got bombarded with facebook ads about mental health clinics day after. So there actually is cases where your device actually records you and you get ads based on that and it's really freaky to me and sth that should be very much illegal.

Samsung smart tv's actually come with warning: ""Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition."

Couldn't find exact article, but this: Is your Samsung TV eavesdropping on PRIVATE conversations?
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think there actually was case of woman's samsung smart tv (i think it was this) recording what she was discussing with her friend in private about her feeling down and being deppressed lately and she got bombarded with facebook ads about mental health clinics day after. So there actually is cases where your device actually records you and you get ads based on that and it's really freaky to me and sth that should be very much illegal.

Samsung smart tv's actually come with warning: ""Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition."

Couldn't find exact article, but this: Is your Samsung TV eavesdropping on PRIVATE conversations?
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THATS FUCKED
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Always.
Usually for ads or something.
Or I'm thinking about a famous person and they wind up dying...
 
Joined
21 April 2019
Messages
1,006
Reactions Received
3,467
Location
くたばれ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I think there actually was case of woman's samsung smart tv (i think it was this) recording what she was discussing with her friend in private about her feeling down and being deppressed lately and she got bombarded with facebook ads about mental health clinics day after. So there actually is cases where your device actually records you and you get ads based on that and it's really freaky to me and sth that should be very much illegal.

Samsung smart tv's actually come with warning: ""Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition."

Couldn't find exact article, but this: Is your Samsung TV eavesdropping on PRIVATE conversations?
Time to get rid of my Samsung smart TV
:pepecross::pepecross::pepecross:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread