Has your interests shifted towards ggs or bgs compared when u got into kpop? Or stayed about same? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Still nowhere near close to Stanning but these last few years I've been able to enjoy more bgs like Shinee, Monsta X, Cross Gene etc
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
My love for bgs shall never falter :pandahappy:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
97 :nakypog:

I got into BGs first, even as a straight male coz their sound was generally more hard hitting and similar to western music so the transition wasn't as jarring. I still liked SNSD but it was mostly BigBang, SHINEE, Suju for me at first.
Since then I've definitely become more of a GG stan and am on my way to becoming almost 100% GG trash lol.

They can just pull off a wider range of sounds, concepts, are more fun to watch on varieties and of course the visuals :jenniesmug:
I think concepts were one thing that made me interested first of bgs. They do usually have more hard hitting music and that includes concepts too. When i got into kpop girl groups were often half and half between cute and sexy concepts and pure cute or sexy concept doesn't interest me. Of course there was 2NE1 eventually, when YG finally let them to have comeback xd , but other than that it took some digging to nugus with more interesting concepts and so on until i got into ggs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
When I first got into kpop, BTS was my life xD.
yes, I was og into Twice, and Gfriend, but BTS just trumped everyone.

that's still how I feel now, but not in a drastic way.
they will always be my alt, but from a young age, I was more attracted to girl group, and omfg yes, that's stayed the same <3
Ah you are orange today?

love it :nekolove: (even if nth beats pink aesthetic)
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It used to be quite mixed between bg‘s and gg‘s but since like 2018 I have been way more into gg‘s and hardly check out any new bg‘s while I definitely love alot of gg rookies.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It used to be quite mixed between bg‘s and gg‘s but since like 2018 I have been way more into gg‘s and hardly check out any new bg‘s while I definitely love alot of gg rookies.
GGs have been really killing it lately. I don't think so many big boy groups have even came out lately compared to ggs. There is Stray Kids and TXT, but apart from them? Ateez? Astro? That's it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
GGs have been really killing it lately. I don't think so many big boy groups have even came out lately compared to ggs. There is Stray Kids and TXT, but apart from them? Ateez? Astro? That's it?
think so too. gg‘s really have been releasing bops after bops and really have been killing it. And I really don’t remember what bg has debuted lately ( tough I know that the brandnewmusic bg should be debut soon) .
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think concepts were one thing that made me interested first of bgs. They do usually have more hard hitting music and that includes concepts too. When i got into kpop girl groups were often half and half between cute and sexy concepts and pure cute or sexy concept doesn't interest me. Of course there was 2NE1 eventually, when YG finally let them to have comeback xd , but other than that it took some digging to nugus with more interesting concepts and so on until i got into ggs.
I just fell out of love with boy groups coz it starts feeling the same old after a time. Either they are overly cute to the point it seems not genuine or come off as too try hard when they try to be badasses with some really cringe lines. Very few groups like Vixx, Monsta X can pull off that badass vibe without seeming cringe lol.

Girl groups are just so much more versatile, their discographies for me are usually far more diverse, there's so much more you can discover with them. Even though anything non girl crush is clubbed under "cute", there's actually so much variety in it, keeps things fresh. And last 2 years have been really GGs killing it consistently, both veteran and new groups.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
My main interest has always been leaning more towards bg's than gg's however nowadays I do listen to gg songs a lot more than when I first got into K-pop and I've also found a few groups that I do like and get excited for when they have comebacks and whatnot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread