Have you changed as an Kpop stan? (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 May 2019
Messages
226
Reactions Received
695
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I honestly have a lot. When I discovered Kpop I spent my whole free time discovering new music/groups, watching dance practises and learning member names. Later I started to spent my whole free time on a forum (the other one :taesip:)

I also was a huge girl group stan, the only bg stanned was BTS and now I kinda became a boy group stan., or is it mixed? Not really sure.
I'm just not that crazy about it anymore. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it or because the new groups don't really intrigued me. I still love Kpop and listen to it 90% but I became calmer about it :maheart:.
The only thing that didn't change, I spend way too much money on it :yolk:
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Yeah. It's not shiny (heh.... shiny...... SHINee... heh) and new anymore. I'm set on who my faves are and don't actively look for artists. I like it but I'm not crazy and obsessed with it anymore, which is good in my opinion.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Yeah. It's not shiny (heh.... shiny...... SHINee... heh) and new anymore. I'm set on who my faves are and don't actively look for artists. I like it but I'm not crazy and obsessed with it anymore, which is good in my opinion.
For me... I think I am even more obsessed than I was before, but I am less... frantic or desperate to show it off these days.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
gave up on trying to stan new groups i know i wont like them. i dedicate my life to jimin
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
So Jimin is the love of your life? Mine is Namjoon :maheart:
boy is he ever! there could not be someone more perfect than jimin
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've become a lot more open I think, I know who I stan and I don't stan as many groups but ngl I used to be a little bit of an anti for some groups, though not one of the crazy vocal ones. Now I know that's ridiculous and I appreciate almost all groups even if they're songs aren't my type.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
When I first got into K-pop, I was one of those annoying, immature fans that only liked BTS. Now, I’ve since expanded to many other groups and finally found the music I like. I can’t remember the last time I listened to a BTS song anymore.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
For the first 3-4 years I was into kpop I only stanned SHINee. I would listen to other groups music but had no interest in getting to most of the groups beyond that. In 2013 I saw a bunch of dudes crawling around on floors and acting bizarre and for some reason deciding that was the next group I'd stan. After that I've just collected groups to love lol

The last few years i've changed my stance on popularity and success. I had originally gotten into kpop because it brought me happiness but constantly getting into fanwars and always competing on views, sales, etc. was exhausting. I've become more of a relaxed fan where I don't feel pressured to buy albums where I really can't afford them. I also don't feel like fighting over trivial stuff just to protect my favs ~honor~ anymore
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXID and yeji

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've only become more diverse in the groups I like. I spend the same about of time about it and feel the same way about a lot of things. The only thing is that I've started dropping a lot of the ggs I stan. I think I'm becoming more bg biased, but I still stan some ggs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXID and yeji

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I haven't changed in that I still only primarily stan VIXX, but I have changed in that I don't watch everything that VIXX releases anymore, which has been easier with them serving lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXID and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I used to be really into boy groups and some girl group back when I started listening to KPOP.
Nowadays I listen to mainly gg's, iKON and a ton of KHH and KRnB artists like Samuel Seo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXID

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Growing less interested in idol groups, but listening to more soloists...

I can happily listen to IU, Wendy, Taeyeon, Eyedi and others on loop. But I have to be in the mood for a group (only exceptions being Red Velvet and Dreamcatcher)
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXID and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread