Have you ever dealt with bad insomnia? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I’ve been dealing with horrible insomnia for the last few weeks. Last month I started noticing that I was getting less sleep than usual and it got even worse about two weeks ago. Lately I’ve been sleeping for 2-4 hours a night. Maybe 5 if I get lucky enough.

And because of that, my anxiety has been absolutely awful. My body shakes and I feel super nauseated (which is also from a new medication that I’m actually about to be pulled off of). It’s even making it hard for me to want to leave my house 🫩

My doctor has prescribed me something else to take at night time now and I’m supposed to start it today. The medication I’ve been on for sleep for last few years seems to have just suddenly stopped working, even after trying to increase it. Hopefully the new medication will actually work though so I can get back to normal and stop feeling like absolute garbage.

Have you ever dealt with bad insomnia?
 
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,494
Reactions Received
9,507
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
77,262
Gender
Male
I've never met bad Dreamcatcher fans. :rosesmug:

Joking aside, there are a few natural remedies you could try and I quess you already googled them. When I had problems falling asleep, Melatonin drops always worked (take them 30 minutes before you go to bed). A natural source for Melatonin are walnuts. I know a person who sleeps like a baby after taking a tablespoon of walnut oil before going to bed.

Melatonin is a natural hormon, your brain produces it (more precisely, the pineal gland). The Melatonin production in your body increases when there's darkness and decreases when you're exposed to light. So sleeping in a room with turned on fairy lights isn't the best idea when you deal with insomnia.

If you can't have a dark sleeping room because of reasons like city (neon) lights, try a sleep mask. I don't like wearing it during the night but maybe it works for you.
 
Last edited:

HugeBakkaeMotae

'𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒' 𝐻𝓌𝒶𝓃𝑔 𝒴𝑒𝒿𝒾
.
Joined
4 January 2026
Messages
1,234
Reactions Received
1,695
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,021
Fandom
Multi Stan
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Konungr
For most of my life. More than being unable to fall asleep it's that i sleep very light and wake up every 1-2 hours and it really does prevent you from ever feeling fully rested - even if you go in and out for many hours. I do better these days but I'm still a light sleeper, usually I can get 4 straight hours which feels incredible compared to before but of course I wish it was more.

I really envy people who can sleep easily and also people who can sleep in shared spaces like during long flights or when sharing a room with someone!

What helped me a bit is the first thing people will recommend you not to do and it's to watch YouTube and scroll my phone before bed, I find it really helps my brain wind down before I try to sleep so I set aside some time every night now to watch YouTube before bed so I have made it my idol time where I keep up with new content so it works out well for me. After decades of trying just about everything I can think of it is the only thing that has helped but it might not help for others - in the end it probably comes down to the cause of your insomnia.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. @Pirioca had a good idea about a sleep mask. I use one, and it really helps me fall asleep!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca
Joined
5 November 2025
Messages
8,558
Reactions Received
13,868
Location
in the line for freshly baked bread <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
87,857
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Your situation sounds super painful, I'm sorry you're going through that.

I used to have extreme anxiety when I was younger which would affect my sleep. This was to the point where I dreaded going to bed every night, it was an absolute nightmare.

What I used to do was close my eyes and count down from 500, and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread