Have you ever experienced culture shock? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I don't really know if this counts but, once on a road trip, my family and I drove past the midwest of the US in a place where there wasn't a lot of diversity. As someone who comes from a place where there are a lot of people who look like me, it was really strange to just see only white people walking around. There were also a lot of people who were giving me curious/weird looks.​
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I have never been outside of Europe so I can´t really say I have. Sure, all countries are different, but the core is still the same. I wouldn´t say I have ever been shocked anyhow. Maybe it is also the fact that I watch a lot of documentaries about other countries? or it might not be easy to shock me :D
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I don't think I ever have

I don't really know if this counts but, once on a road trip, my family and I drove past the midwest of the US in a place where there wasn't a lot of diversity. As someone who comes from a place where there are a lot of people who look like me, it was really strange to just see only white people walking around. There were also a lot of people who were giving me curious/weird looks.​
Honestly it amazes me when a certain US city have people who have never seen a black person, and they make a video of them meeting one.
 

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
.
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
3,439
Reactions Received
11,871
Location
Germany
Website
www.kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I have never been outside of Europe so I can´t really say I have. Sure, all countries are different, but the core is still the same. I wouldn´t say I have ever been shocked anyhow. Maybe it is also the fact that I watch a lot of documentaries about other countries? or it might not be easy to shock me :D
Tbf I experienced some sort of culture shock when I went to Croatia and Slovenia, as a native German I expect good 🍞 everywhere
:pepecry1:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker and Mangoey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread