- Joined
- 22 November 2018
- Messages
- 7,026
- Reactions Received
- 27,656
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- EXO-L & My
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
This past few weeks I have seriously been thinking about my future and I suddenly decided that once I graduate and work a few years here, I'm going to relocate to Turkey. I'm planning to buy a house and just live there. I feel like I would be able to lead a very comfortable life there.
But yeh, aside from that I have my mind set on relocating and I don't even know why I suddenly want to live there. Like I just have this sudden longing for a country I have never even stepped foot in. And it's funny because I'm someone who is very uncomfortable with change but this is such a HUGE change. I'm planning to move to an entirely new country without any family or friends around. I was hoping that my mum would come and stay with me until I'm comfortable (I have never lived away from her) but although I know she would be more than happy to do that for me, I feel bad about dragging her away from her life here. I do need to grow up and be more independent though so I'm hoping it won't be a bad change for me.
Anywho, has anyone else made sudden decisions about their futures? I'm especially interested whether the adults here have some sort of similar experience. Is this a normal part of adulthood? Am I finally maturing? Lol if that's the case then finally!
The only problem is, I have absolutely no idea what I will do there. My parents are Turkish so I can speak fluently so there won't be any language barriers. However, I was born and raised my entire life in Australia. I have never even been there for a holiday before but I suddenly want to spend the rest of my life in the country. But I guess since the Turkish culture is part of my life now, even though the country is very unfamiliar to me, I feel like it's not completely unfamiliar.
But even though I should be fine with the language, I don't know where I will work or what I'll spend my life doing there. I could be an English teacher but with my qualifications, I could be doing a lot more things and earning much more than I would as an ESL teacher. But because I have a science background, I won't be familiar with the science terminology in Turkish. Since I studied (and am graduating) from Australia I'm lucky in that I can work anywhere in the world without any issues. But since it's science, I literally have no idea how or what I'll do. So that's a major stress factor. I wouldn't mind getting my phD there but I'm just worried about the scientific language barrier. I don't know, I have been doing a lot of research so hopefully I find something soon. Otherwise I won't be able to move because I don't want to spend my life doing nothing. I did not study all these years to do nothing. It would be a waste and I'd feel terrible towards my family who have been supporting me all this time.
But even though I should be fine with the language, I don't know where I will work or what I'll spend my life doing there. I could be an English teacher but with my qualifications, I could be doing a lot more things and earning much more than I would as an ESL teacher. But because I have a science background, I won't be familiar with the science terminology in Turkish. Since I studied (and am graduating) from Australia I'm lucky in that I can work anywhere in the world without any issues. But since it's science, I literally have no idea how or what I'll do. So that's a major stress factor. I wouldn't mind getting my phD there but I'm just worried about the scientific language barrier. I don't know, I have been doing a lot of research so hopefully I find something soon. Otherwise I won't be able to move because I don't want to spend my life doing nothing. I did not study all these years to do nothing. It would be a waste and I'd feel terrible towards my family who have been supporting me all this time.
But yeh, aside from that I have my mind set on relocating and I don't even know why I suddenly want to live there. Like I just have this sudden longing for a country I have never even stepped foot in. And it's funny because I'm someone who is very uncomfortable with change but this is such a HUGE change. I'm planning to move to an entirely new country without any family or friends around. I was hoping that my mum would come and stay with me until I'm comfortable (I have never lived away from her) but although I know she would be more than happy to do that for me, I feel bad about dragging her away from her life here. I do need to grow up and be more independent though so I'm hoping it won't be a bad change for me.
Anywho, has anyone else made sudden decisions about their futures? I'm especially interested whether the adults here have some sort of similar experience. Is this a normal part of adulthood? Am I finally maturing? Lol if that's the case then finally!