Have you ever met somebody who doesn't use you/your (1 Viewer)

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
I just did. Online though. I'm just wondering how that works, especially in public spaces like work or school? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely confused 🫠
What about like if you work at a cash register and somebody says thank you or you have a nice day

I'm sorry
 
  • Wow
Reactions: centen

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,492
Reactions Received
18,188
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
131,622
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I genuinely can't imagine the logistics of self-censoring out the word "you." :sanathink:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You mean in English? Some languages don’t always use a form of you. Oftentimes in European Portuguese you isn’t used if it’s not someone close because they don’t like using the formal you or the informal you. If it’s English then I’ve never heard of it before, but I also don’t understand your examples because you can easily reply to both of those without needing to use the word you.
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
You mean in English? Some languages don’t always use a form of you. Oftentimes in European Portuguese you isn’t used if it’s not someone close because they don’t like using the formal you or the informal you. If it’s English then I’ve never heard of it before, but I also don’t understand your examples because you can easily reply to both of those without needing to use the word you.
I'll send a screenshot
In this context it doesn't make sense without you
Instsad they want us to use JJ
As in
JJ can also look through this stuff
It Honestly doesn't make sense to me bc they were speking directly to that person 🫠
 

Attachments

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'll send a screenshot
In this context it doesn't make sense without you
Instsad they want us to use JJ
As in
JJ can also look through this stuff
It Honestly doesn't make sense to me bc they were speking directly to that person 🫠
Oh this makes way more sense, it’s not about them using you/your but rather not wanting to be referred to that way. Idk if I ever met anyone who prefers that but its not as logistically challenging as I thought you meant
 

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
Oh this makes way more sense, it’s not about them using you/your but rather not wanting to be referred to that way. Idk if I ever met anyone who prefers that but its not as logistically challenging as I thought you meant
I still don't get it though 😭
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Where do you find these people lol
entertaining if not a little weird
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I still don't get it though 😭
Neither do I but I also don’t get how people eat artichoke without wanting throw up or how anyone could care so much about soccer. I just accept that that’s the case
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread