Have you ever travelled to another country just for a K-Pop concert? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Nope. It would be easier for me to travel within the US if anything, we don’t have as many concerts as East or Southeast Asia but those locations would be a very big commitment. Even if I did travel primarily for a concert, if I was going internationally I would make a trip out of it, so even if the concert was the main reason it wouldn’t be just for a concert.
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,574
Reactions Received
18,253
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
133,605
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
No, my faves come to the States, it's just an issue of the fact that any sort of travel is expensive and I'm in a flyover state. If the sole motivation was to see a concert, I'd just drive/fly a few states over, rather than go to another country.
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,167
Reactions Received
46,825
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,771
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
different state, yes. different country, no. I went to Detroit to see Monsta X back in I believe 2022, and it was absolute FIRE! It had been postponed from Feb to May of that year, but the wait was so worth it!
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,091
Reactions Received
52,961
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,224
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
No but I did go to another country to attend a R.E.M concert once, it was only a few hrs bus ride there n bk. But ig it counts. I dint stay overnight either as it was too expensive n I managed to make it bk in the wee hours. I think it's like if a person in New York state or just 1/2 hrs outside NY went to NYC to watch a concert n returned after it was over. Mind it was 30 yrs or so ago n it dint cost a bomb I think. Compared to when the Police played areunion concert tour nearby (when I actually worked in tat country) it cost soo much n it probably sold out. I don't regret not going/being able to watch it tho. Similar to when Paul Simon had a concert (reportedly cos he got a holiday in Australia as a perk, or that was Sting(?). It's just not my luck/opportunity as I slept on SNSD when they did concert while I was working in tat same country but I also don't regret it(since I wouldn't hv appreciated/felt the same abt it as I much as I enjoyed other concerts I could afford of artists/musicians I listened to at that time, it was actually probably a few years later or very little overlap. I also think it's ok not to hv gone to IVE/BP/aespa/NMIXX performances in my own country/nbr country in past few yrs. It may be sour grapes but....if I could hv afforded it n gotten tix, sure I'd go to IVE/BP/aespa/NMIXX concert/fanmeet in my own country/nbr country but the ticket cost is prohibitive, n transport/hotel cost(or airbnb) is also time consuming in large crowds leaving at same time. Every other concert I did actually attend, getting there/bk was luckily for me - relatively easy(from wat I rmbr). But I might hv been to less than 10/20 such concerts/music performances only. R.E.M was probably most famous/popular n they arent/weren't the same level of fandom as IVE/BP/aespa/TWICE I think. Again maybe sour grapes on my part but I think I might hv not handled any hassle in transport/where to stay if I paid a lot for tix to watch aespa/IVE/BP/RV n the crowd might be not as easy to navigate as I might want. Might be different if I was rich n could afford the tix/transport/a place to stay tho.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread