Have you ever truly thought about moving countries? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have tbh, Canada seems to be doing much better than the US right now :wimwim:
I looked up the skilled worker requirements and everything.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I have tbh, Canada seems to be doing much better than the US right now :wimwim:
I looked up the skilled worker requirements and everything.
comee
our maple syrup is superior and poutine >>>>>
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
How did it go for you?
Good because I'm finally living a somewhat normal life.. There was nothing left for me in Croatia, no job, no future, no one I cared about and no one who cared about me.. so yeah, I was in a very bad place for a very long time and it was just do or die.. scary as hell, but my life in Germany is definitely better
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Good because I'm finally living a somewhat normal life.. There was nothing left for me in Croatia, no job, no future, no one I cared about and no one who cared about me.. so yeah, I was in a very bad place for a very long time and it was just do or die.. scary as hell, but my life in Germany is definitely better
I'm glad :sanapray:
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
yea i wanna do it again but oh god work and money. I also don't know where i'd want to live. I don't want to go back to France, but America isn't really a great option to stay. I could, presumably, move to Canada, but my aunt lives there and i don't like my aunt.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yea i wanna do it again but oh god work and money. I also don't know where i'd want to live. I don't want to go back to France, but America isn't really a great option to stay. I could, presumably, move to Canada, but my aunt lives there and i don't like my aunt.
Same reason I would never move to Germany :wimwim:
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
With no money I can't really do much.
I have thought about it, but strictly in the pipe dream sense.
 
Joined
16 July 2020
Messages
20
Reactions Received
78
Location
in jail with johnny suh
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
im too young to do anything about it but my mom is trying to convice my dad to move us to new zealand, and honestly i wouldnt be upset if we did end up moving lmao .
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Kinda, I like the idea but it would mean me being completely away from all of my family. And even though I’m 22 I still rely a lot on my mom because of my anxiety. So I like the idea but if I’m being realistic I don’t think it would work out.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was actually planning on teaching abroad but covid derailed my plans so now i'm behind on experience and countries are not allowing travel from the US :irenecrazy:

I've thought about it a lot because US wages are stagnant and the jobs I like/want to do are underappreciated and underpaid so I have thought about going to other countries for better opportunities and treatment in the workforce. Like even South Korean, which itself has a problem with treatment of workers, i've found jobs that I'd get paid more and better treatment than where I live.

Also, there's the fact that i've always wanted to travel and I think teaching abroad would be an economically sound way to do it.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i love the US so much but it just isn't old enough. i wanna be somewhere in Europe surrounded by medieval churches
I don't know if ill actually ever move but it is a dream
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread