[Have You Met] Introducing 4BOUT (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
img_v3_02fh_f490417b-2998-4d0b-aca6-84a656e495fh.png

Banner by @Nina
Submitted by @ani07
Submission thread: 4BOUT

4BOUT, formerly known as as ABOUT, is a Korean singer-songwriter based in Seoul and New York. His official debut was in 2019 with the song “Wither”, but before that he gained popularity through his OST “It Has To Be You”. He is an independent artist, and plays a big role in his music production and recording. He initially wanted to be an actor, but decided to peruse music as a career shortly before his college graduation. He also wrote stories in the past. For his own music, he discusses themes that are considered difficult, such as bullying, suicide, and mental health. His songs are based on difficult times in his own personal past. The way he describes his music is ‘cry together music’, because he wants to share his emotions, especially difficult ones, with people that may be feeling the same way. He also takes part in production or vocal direction of songs/albums of kpop artists, some examples being for Taemin and Yugyeom.

Profile
1728882907495.jpeg


Stage name: 4BOUT
Birth name: Jo Taekyoung
Age: 30
Birthday: December 2, 1994
Nationality: Korean
​
  • He has 2 siblings.​
  • He speaks Korean, English, and Mandarin.​
  • He studied contemporary jazz in university.​
  • He plays the piano and guitar.​
  • In 2016 he joined a company.​
  • In 2019 he left and started working as an independent artist.​

Videos
Most recent MV



Misc MVs





Covers




Discography






Concert content



Interview


Reviews
Thank you to this months reviewers! Check out what they thought below.

1) Coward: this is great! the melody and instrumentals are really nice to listen to, and his voice is amazing. i also really like the lyric video and the concept! 9/10 <3

2) Happy Tears: oh this is my JAM fr i think it's going in my playlist :pepebop: i like this a bit more than Coward because of the vibes, i like how the song is slower and in a lower pitch than Coward and it makes it sooooo good too !!! 10/10

3) UN-DO: this is my favorite of what i've heard so far, this sounds like one of those 4 year old songs that go extremely viral on tiktok. it's so calm but so powerful at the same time, im obsessed ! 11/10

4) MAYDAY: this is also REALLY good and also going in my playlist, i really like the theme of this album. his voice is refreshing and the composition of the song is just so pleasing overall. i also like his voice here! 10/10 this man does not disappoint

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ok whoever submitted this didnt disappoint cus why is the entirety of starcrossed lovers going in my playlist :frogsiren:
Wing’s highly intellectual review :hmmm:

Sunbed (6/10): An easygoing summer song. I don’t dislike this tbh, but it’s also not my kind of music, but I can see others enjoying it. I like his vocal tone and the instrumental, I think it’s just his style of delivery that I’m not too crazy about.

Titanic (7/10) : Ooh okay the structure of this is really interesting.:nakypog: I absolutely adore his voice in this track, it’s still very easygoing but I think this one just has more substance to it than the previous song, for me personally. The only thing I wish was different is the length of the song, especially with the speaking parts it’s pretty short.

Nocturnal Lovers (9/10) This is fantastic. It’s a little moody compared to the previous two and a little more upbeat. I really love pretty much everything about this song.

Romeo (8/10) : His voice is just- :mork::mork::mork:Yes, yes that’s all I have to say about this track.

Un-do (9/10) His voice sort of reminds me of K.will in a way… Not exactly alike, but certain moments he reminds me of him. This track was another instant addition to my playlist. His voice has so many layers to it I think even if you don’t like his songs you can appreciate his raw talent.

Mayday (10/10) I realize I went over the 5 song limit but holy moly this song is everything but why is it so short??? :pepecry1:

This was by far my favorite artist I’ve reviewed for HYM, I’d highly recommend looking into him.
:pikahappy:
 
Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Last edited:

magali

save our souls
.
Joined
18 March 2024
Messages
8,207
Reactions Received
9,882
Location
♰ eden
Website
f5veofficial.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
33,101
Fandom
(╥﹏╥) orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ౨ৎ her
img_v3_02fh_f490417b-2998-4d0b-aca6-84a656e495fh.png

Banner by @Nina
Submitted by @ani07
Submission thread: 4BOUT

4BOUT, formerly known as as ABOUT, is a Korean singer-songwriter based in Seoul and New York. His official debut was in 2019 with the song “Wither”, but before that he gained popularity through his OST “It Has To Be You”. He is an independent artist, and plays a big role in his music production and recording. He initially wanted to be an actor, but decided to peruse music as a career shortly before his college graduation. He also wrote stories in the past. For his own music, he discusses themes that are considered difficult, such as bullying, suicide, and mental health. His songs are based on difficult times in his own personal past. The way he describes his music is ‘cry together music’, because he wants to share his emotions, especially difficult ones, with people that may be feeling the same way. He also takes part in production or vocal direction of songs/albums of kpop artists, some examples being for Taemin and Yugyeom.

Profile
1728882907495.jpeg


Stage name: 4BOUT
Birth name: Jo Taekyoung
Age: 30
Birthday: December 2, 1994
Nationality: Korean
​
  • He has 2 siblings.​
  • He speaks Korean, English, and Mandarin.​
  • He studied contemporary jazz in university.​
  • He plays the piano and guitar.​
  • In 2016 he joined a company.​
  • In 2019 he left and started working as an independent artist.​

Videos
Most recent MV



Misc MVs





Covers




Discography






Concert content



Interview


Reviews
Thank you to this months reviewers! Check out what they thought below.

1) Coward: this is great! the melody and instrumentals are really nice to listen to, and his voice is amazing. i also really like the lyric video and the concept! 9/10 <3

2) Happy Tears: oh this is my JAM fr i think it's going in my playlist :pepebop: i like this a bit more than Coward because of the vibes, i like how the song is slower and in a lower pitch than Coward and it makes it sooooo good too !!! 10/10

3) UN-DO: this is my favorite of what i've heard so far, this sounds like one of those 4 year old songs that go extremely viral on tiktok. it's so calm but so powerful at the same time, im obsessed ! 11/10

4) MAYDAY: this is also REALLY good and also going in my playlist, i really like the theme of this album. his voice is refreshing and the composition of the song is just so pleasing overall. i also like his voice here! 10/10 this man does not disappoint

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ok whoever submitted this didnt disappoint cus why is the entirety of starcrossed lovers going in my playlist :frogsiren:
Wing’s highly intellectual review :hmmm:

Sunbed (6/10): An easygoing summer song. I don’t dislike this tbh, but it’s also not my kind of music, but I can see others enjoying it. I like his vocal tone and the instrumental, I think it’s just his style of delivery that I’m not too crazy about.

Titanic (7/10) : Ooh okay the structure of this is really interesting.:nakypog: I absolutely adore his voice in this track, it’s still very easygoing but I think this one just has more substance to it than the previous song, for me personally. The only thing I wish was different is the length of the song, especially with the speaking parts it’s pretty short.

Nocturnal Lovers (9/10) This is fantastic. It’s a little moody compared to the previous two and a little more upbeat. I really love pretty much everything about this song.

Romeo (8/10) : His voice is just- :mork::mork::mork:Yes, yes that’s all I have to say about this track.

Un-do (9/10) His voice sort of reminds me of K.will in a way… Not exactly alike, but certain moments he reminds me of him. This track was another instant addition to my playlist. His voice has so many layers to it I think even if you don’t like his songs you can appreciate his raw talent.

Mayday (10/10) I realize I went over the 5 song limit but holy moly this song is everything but why is it so short??? :pepecry1:

This was by far my favorite artist I’ve reviewed for HYM, I’d highly recommend looking into him.
:pikahappy:
i really really enjoyed his music, i'm stanning him now :pepeheart: thank you fpr this!
 

The_LastRomeo

Piece of My World
.
Joined
2 June 2022
Messages
17,625
Reactions Received
18,610
Website
haru-masamasa.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,256
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
Nice!
 
Joined
1 January 2023
Messages
24,864
Reactions Received
11,022
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
98,648
Fandom
Shawol, Bonoh
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
glad to see ppl like him just as much as I do, he deserved it. he is wayy to unknown. :letitfry:

@passionfruit @Wingfrost thxs for the reviews, it was fun to read. :llama_tea:

my fav song it this one :pepebop:



I have a weakness for guitar sounds :pikahappy:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread