Appreciation Have you played Atelier games? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Atelier is japanese game series, with bit over 20 games. It started 1997 with Atelier Marie for Playstation and newest is Atelier Ryza on released just half year ago so it's definitely ongoing series. The games are mostly similar- you play as new girl (sometimes u can choose between two) who tries to become alchemist and has some kind of time limit in her journey. There is lot of replaybility as the time limit doesn't allow you to explore every corner of the map, befriend all the characters, beat all the bosses nor make all the alchemy recipes! And- there is even dozen different endings!

I feel like Atelier games are sth that plp either know about and adore- or have no idea they exist :jisoosmh: I own 4 Atelier games now, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Atelier Meruru and Atelier Firis. I'm still middle of Totori, gotta admit, but recently beat Firis and now I'm doing side quests as it's only one of those four that allows you to continue playing after finishing without starting new game. And when i'm done with these, I will want Ayesha for PS3 and Sophie for PS4 :)

 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
As a PC gamer, I have no clue what in the hells name this is, especially since it looks like... any other asian anime based game that is usually uninspired and quite boring with little game design in them and mostly big boobs or... y'know the only other alternative that should be illegal :haylul: .
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
As a PC gamer, I have no clue what in the hells name this is, especially since it looks like... any other asian anime based game that is usually uninspired and quite boring with little game design in them and mostly big boobs or... y'know the only other alternative that should be illegal :haylul: .
Well it has some cliches for sure, but i think all in all the system is pretty nice. The battles are pretty reqular turn battles you see often, but the alchemy part seems more fresh. Also i like the time limit approach as it makes you plan and gives you lot of replayability- same with multiple endings :)

But if it's generic in one way- lot of the Atelier games are copies of each other with just some changes- mostly characters and then improvements to systems little by little.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,519
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I've played like two of them. They were OK.. I lost interest pretty quickly overall to be honest. The overall experience just felt kind of meh to me.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I've only heard of them coz you've mentioned it lmao. Idk if I'd play any of these but the girls look kawaii so maybe I can catch a stream :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Well it has some cliches for sure, but i think all in all the system is pretty nice. The battles are pretty reqular turn battles you see often, but the alchemy part seems more fresh. Also i like the time limit approach as it makes you plan and gives you lot of replayability- same with multiple endings :)

But if it's generic in one way- lot of the Atelier games are copies of each other with just some changes- mostly characters and then improvements to systems little by little.
Dynasty Warriors does the same thing yet I play it all the time so I can't judge it in that way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Dynasty Warriors does the same thing yet I play it all the time so I can't judge it in that way.
That's probably why many japanese game franchises are able to have dozen games under them. Same with Assassin Creed i guess :lisalaugh: Tbh, i kinda hope some others would use that tactic, not to that extent but with some games it's jsut years and years between new releases. Like when in the world new Elder Scrolls is coming out, or new Dragon Age..
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
That's probably why many japanese game franchises are able to have dozen games under them. Same with Assassin Creed i guess :lisalaugh: Tbh, i kinda hope some others would use that tactic, not to that extent but with some games it's jsut years and years between new releases. Like when in the world new Elder Scrolls is coming out, or new Dragon Age..
Lol I understand some franchises doing it but I don't think it's a good thing in most. Dynasty Warrior despite doing the same exact story at least changes up more than just the characters and the graphics, they change the map layout and objectives, they add new cutscenes, new characters and even entire new story parts like when they added an entire new dynasty. So in that sense I would agree that some games can do it, like historic ones or such, but for games like Skyrim or Dragon Age which are lush with lore and characters and are essentially books for gamers, it has to be an entirely new game that may or may not connect somehow to the previous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The art work is so pretty
It really is. Tbh, the game models arent as pretty (though ok), but u see gorgeous splashart pretty often
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lol I understand some franchises doing it but I don't think it's a good thing in most. Dynasty Warrior despite doing the same exact story at least changes up more than just the characters and the graphics, they change the map layout and objectives, they add new cutscenes, new characters and even entire new story parts like when they added an entire new dynasty. So in that sense I would agree that some games can do it, like historic ones or such, but for games like Skyrim or Dragon Age which are lush with lore and characters and are essentially books for gamers, it has to be an entirely new game that may or may not connect somehow to the previous.
Well its usually not, but i think sth in the middle would be best. Like changing battle systems, character creator, adding tons of elements.. is it all always necessary. Sometimes it doesnt feel like improvement its change for sake of change.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've played like two of them. They were OK.. I lost interest pretty quickly overall to be honest. The overall experience just felt kind of meh to me.
I guess i just rly like this type of games like i love turn based battles and time limits (not small limits though like do this in 30 sec or sth like that ) xdd
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've only heard of them coz you've mentioned it lmao. Idk if I'd play any of these but the girls look kawaii so maybe I can catch a stream :lisalaugh:
I wonder if u can find some, i actually havent seen lets plays nor streams of these...
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Well its usually not, but i think sth in the middle would be best. Like changing battle systems, character creator, adding tons of elements.. is it all always necessary. Sometimes it doesnt feel like improvement its change for sake of change.
I do agree with that part, especially when character creators are visually changed but not actually adding new features. Changing battle systems when they already work is unnecessary to me and smn like Assasins Creed did was... understandable cause they had 50 games with the same system but yea changing in every instalment...just no
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I do agree with that part, especially when character creators are visually changed but not actually adding new features. Changing battle systems when they already work is unnecessary to me and smn like Assasins Creed did was... understandable cause they had 50 games with the same system but yea changing in every instalment...just no
True, but i feel like Bioware tries to change too much and it doesn't always even work out cause they change game engines, and try out bunch of new things that might not even be improvements. I would prefer if they just reused some assests they could. Ofc the story needs to be new, but that writing doesn't seem to be the issue between long waits it's all the other stuff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread